Notices
Scion tC 2G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications

Turbo in a automatic..

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 08:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Turbo in a automatic..

I have officially decided I am going to Turbo my car. I have an automatic. I have not decided which kit to go with either P-Tuning or Descendant. I am not sure which is better this will be the first car I am Turboing aftermarket.

What other parts will I need besides the kit from either company?

I have a performance shop on Long Island that is doing the install for me for a great price. It's my friends shop, they do some amazing work. They do everything from engine swaps to complete vinyl wraps.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 07-23-2021 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Awarded 5 Yr Badge
Old 03-16-2012, 09:30 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Google both tubro kits. Also try to PM both Descendant and PTuning for any questions u have. Their kits come pretty much plug and play (minus tuning)
I know PTuning specifically makes a kit for autos

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited by MR_LUV; 07-23-2021 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Awarded 5 Yr Badge
Old 03-16-2012, 10:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm boosting my auto as well. Going with Dezod kit. Call them up and see what's up. They're in New York as well so support may be a plus for you too.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a Scion xB 2011, automatic. I have DESCENDANT's turbo kit. It's absolutely amazing. Beyond excellent customer service. I honestly couldn't be happier. I looked into all of the kits available, and DESCENDANT's kit is by far superior in build quality. They are in Cali and I am in Florida, so I paid a lot in extra shipping (even got it next day air), but I made sure if I am doing something THIS major to my car, I'm spending the money needed to do it. Not half-assing it. I have been Turbo'd only for a week now, it's been flawless. And the numbers you get are OUTSTANDING. I mean, I'm running only 6 psi, and I'm getting 235 HP to the wheels, and 230 tq. With this set-up, my transmission slips BARELY on the dyno. It has NOT SLIPPED ONCE on the street and I've floored it. Bought a transmission cooler from them too, will be raising boost to 8psi shortly, it's mandatory. I am a happy DESCENDANT customer.

___

Last edited by MR_LUV; 07-23-2021 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Awarded 5 Yr Badge
Old 03-16-2012, 01:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You should concentrate on Upgrading the entire Suspension set-up too....So you stay Planted on the ground etc..
Old 03-16-2012, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionchicop
I'm boosting my auto as well. Going with Dezod kit. Call them up and see what's up. They're in New York as well so support may be a plus for you too.
where in ny are the located maybe ill have to pay a visit.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TeeCizzle
You should concentrate on Upgrading the entire Suspension set-up too....So you stay Planted on the ground etc..
i have the lowering springs. I'm not looking for insane power I'm just looking to break 300 and shut my friend up with his ____ty genesis 3.8
Old 03-16-2012, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RJSCION
I have a Scion XB 2011, automatic. I have DESCENDANT's turbo kit. It's absolutely amazing. Beyond excellent customer service. I honestly couldn't be happier. I looked into all of the kits available, and DESCENDANT's kit is by far superior in build quality. They are in Cali and I am in Florida, so I paid a lot in extra shipping (even got it next day air), but I made sure if I am doing something THIS major to my car, I'm spending the money needed to do it. Not half-assing it. I have been Turbo'd only for a week now, it's been flawless. And the numbers you get are OUTSTANDING. I mean, I'm running only 6 psi, and I'm getting 235 HP to the wheels, and 230 tq. With this set-up, my transmission slips BARELY on the dyno. It has NOT SLIPPED ONCE on the street and I've floored it. Bought a transmission cooler from them too, will be raising boost to 8psi shortly, it's mandatory. I am a happy DESCENDANT customer.

how does it run with your set up? only thing I'm worried about is blowing my transmission or engine block and then having to get the entire kit taken out and then getting the car fixed lol. can you beat on the car that much with the turbo as much as no boosted cars? and what fluids do you have to change or will my shop be aware of that??
Old 03-16-2012, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 210of2200RS7
where in ny are the located maybe ill have to pay a visit.

They're up close to Buffalo, so it's a bunch of hours... but likely worth it if ya go with their kit.
http://www.dezod.com/
http://g.co/maps/rv8cq

I'm also in NY (close to the city) and have an auto and thinking of a turbo.
So I'll be watching both (you and Scionchop) to see how this goes for you.

Are you planning to do a build thread on how this goes?
Old 03-16-2012, 06:11 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TeeCizzle
^^THIS!!

i have the lowering springs. I'm not looking for insane power I'm just looking to break 300 and shut my friend up with his ____ty genesis 3.8
^^This->
Old 03-16-2012, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KidJustin
^^THIS!!

^^This->
I lol'ed
Old 03-16-2012, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Check out there facebook page under dezod motorsports for updates and pics of progress. I have yet to make a build thread.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Druidiron
I lol'ed

^^ x2
Old 03-17-2012, 07:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2001chromo
They're up close to Buffalo, so it's a bunch of hours... but likely worth it if ya go with their kit.
http://www.dezod.com/
http://g.co/maps/rv8cq

I'm also in NY (close to the city) and have an auto and thinking of a turbo.
So I'll be watching both (you and Scionchop) to see how this goes for you.

Are you planning to do a build thread on how this goes?
Where do you live? I'm on Long Island. I live in Commack it's 52 on the lie. I'm not going to be doing it until August or so I'm only 19. I have to get the funds together lol actually save up some $ and not blow
it all on going out new iPods and phones every other week. I'll defiantly be doing a build thread and keep everyone updated to whats going on with the kit I'm nervous about blowing the transmission I know the block can handle it.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 07-23-2021 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Awarded 5 Yr Badge
Old 03-29-2012, 08:23 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

i have officially decided i am going to turbo my car i have an automatic. I have not decided which kit to go with either p tuning or descendant. i am not sure which is better this will be the first car i am turboing aftermarket.

what other parts will i need besides the kit from either company?

i have a performance shop on long island that is doing the install for me for a great price. its my friends shop they do some amazing work. they do everything from engine swaps to complete vinyl wraps.
The Descendant turbo kit is fully compatible for your automatic transmission, however we run them at a lower boost pressure because the transmissions are not able to hold the amount of HP that a manual transmission is. We recommend that you install an aftermarket transmission cooler as a preventative measure and also offer the Level 10 upgraded transmissions for right around $3,500. If you have questions and want professional answers please give us a call. Thank You,
WORLD RACING Inc.
310-533-8900

Originally Posted by RJSCION
I have a Scion XB 2011, automatic. I have DESCENDANT's turbo kit. It's absolutely amazing. Beyond excellent customer service. I honestly couldn't be happier. I looked into all of the kits available, and DESCENDANT's kit is by far superior in build quality. They are in Cali and I am in Florida, so I paid a lot in extra shipping (even got it next day air), but I made sure if I am doing something THIS major to my car, I'm spending the money needed to do it. Not half-assing it. I have been Turbo'd only for a week now, it's been flawless. And the numbers you get are OUTSTANDING. I mean, I'm running only 6 psi, and I'm getting 235 HP to the wheels, and 230 tq. With this set-up, my transmission slips BARELY on the dyno. It has NOT SLIPPED ONCE on the street and I've floored it. Bought a transmission cooler from them too, will be raising boost to 8psi shortly, it's mandatory. I am a happy DESCENDANT customer.
Thanks RJ! I am glad you are enjoying your kit and look forward to getting you the level 10 transmission so that we can crank the boost up a bit!
Old 03-29-2012, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hi RJSCION,

What do you mean by slip?
Old 03-31-2012, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

["offer the Level 10 upgraded transmissions for right around $3,500." ]

What is entailed to get this done? Is it a kit you send out or does the tranny have to be sent to you guys?
Old 04-01-2012, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm curious too... What is this "Level 10 Transmission" you guys speak of? Is is meant specifically for the auto, as sort of an upgrade from stock to handle higher psi boost? Reason I ask is cuz I'm curious about it getting on my car; I also have an automatic TC2 that I plan on boosting very soon
Old 05-19-2012, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by johnmk
Hi RJSCION,

What do you mean by slip?

Sorry it's been so long. I have a few updates for you guys and to bump the thread back up. It's not slipping, at all. Firm shifts, yes, but it's not slipping. I'm running about 300 WHP as of now, at 8.5 PSI. I just changed my exhaust from my 2" catback Borla Dual to 3" turboback to Borla Dual and we're having problems because there is too much flow from the manifold. The wastegate cannot keep up. It's spiking to 15 PSI (transmission is shifting at 14 PSI, not getting too hot). Currently I am in the process of getting a hole welded from the side of the descendant manifold, and we are putting on a second 40mm wastegate to allow the boost to properly flow outward. It's absolutely amazing how high the flow is on the manifold. I am aiming for 10 PSI, 330 WHP... transmission has been holding strong at 300 WHP for 4,000 miles.. track, street, whatever. No synthetic oil, normal Toyota (semi-synth?) oil. Tranny cooler... nothing done to the tranny.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Alright, then you don't know what torque converter slip is. Look it up. If it's not slipping, then your engine would die at every stop light.

Quick Reply: Turbo in a automatic..