Notices
Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

2012 "BTA No Connection"

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 12:43 AM

Default 2012 "BTA No Connection"

Wuts up everyone!!!
I'm new here on the forums, so greetings!!! So I just bought the 2012 tc, which has the new Pioneer head unit. I've been trying to sync my phone via Bluetooth and it's driving me nuts. I've gone through the owner's manual and it didn't help, I took it to the dealer today and had 5 guys trying to figure it out. Long story short all the head unit says is BTA No connection. The tech guy says that I won't be able to because i have to buy a $200 Bluetooth paring kit. PLEASE HELP!
Old 03-01-2012, 01:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The 2011 head unit needed the $200 blue tooth upgrade.

The 2012 has this "blue tooth" built in, so you do NOT have to buy any upgrade like you did in 2011.

You can tell if you've got the 2012 head unit because at the bottom left of the face it's got 2 orange buttons that control the phone calls.

If you don't have those 2 orange buttons at the bottom left of your radio, then you've got a 2011 radio in your 2012 car. (I had this problem and the dealer fixed it ASAP once I showed it to them) <-- learned about that on this board. <-- TY

If you're getting that error and you've got a 2012 head unit, it's likely because the mic is not plugged into the head unit.

Either do it yourself (takes like 5 minutes) or take it back to the dealer...

The plug is at the bottom (just under the headunit) and needs to be plugged in and not just buried under your radio. You/they have to take the radio out to plug it in.

HTH
Old 03-01-2012, 02:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by puffin237
Wuts up everyone!!!
I'm new here on the forums, so greetings!!! So I just bought the 2012 tc, which has the new Pioneer head unit. I've been trying to sync my phone via Bluetooth and it's driving me nuts. I've gone through the owner's manual and it didn't help, I took it to the dealer today and had 5 guys trying to figure it out. Long story short all the head unit says is BTA No connection. The tech guy says that I won't be able to because i have to buy a $200 Bluetooth paring kit. PLEASE HELP!
did you set your phone's bluetoooth settings to discoverable?
Old 03-03-2012, 12:10 AM

Default Thanks so much!!

Originally Posted by 2001chromo
The 2011 head unit needed the $200 blue tooth upgrade.

The 2012 has this "blue tooth" built in, so you do NOT have to buy any upgrade like you did in 2011.

You can tell if you've got the 2012 head unit because at the bottom left of the face it's got 2 orange buttons that control the phone calls.

If you don't have those 2 orange buttons at the bottom left of your radio, then you've got a 2011 radio in your 2012 car. (I had this problem and the dealer fixed it ASAP once I showed it to them) <-- learned about that on this board. <-- TY

If you're getting that error and you've got a 2012 head unit, it's likely because the mic is not plugged into the head unit.

Either do it yourself (takes like 5 minutes) or take it back to the dealer...

The plug is at the bottom (just under the headunit) and needs to be plugged in and not just buried under your radio. You/they have to take the radio out to plug it in.

HTH
I defiantly have the two talk and end buttons on the bottom right side of the radio. And I do have my Bluetooth in discover mode. I knew the dealer was wrong. Thank you SOOO MUCH!! You've been such a help!
Old 06-10-2012, 06:11 PM

I'm having the same problem in my 2012 tc. I've got the xm upgrade, but the ipod and Bluetooth features do not work. I removed the stereo and found a couple loose wires, but i couldn't figure out where to connect them. one kind of looked like a usb connector. I'm not sure if some sort of special cable is needed.

I can't take any pictures right now, or I would post them. Could anyone offer advice, links, or, if possible, pictures of the correct hookup? thanks in advance for your help!