Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-ice-interior-1828/)
-   -   6 Inch Touch Screen Pioneer in every 2014 tC!! (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-ice-interior-1828/6-inch-touch-screen-pioneer-every-2014-tc-223448/)

StatuSCheckA 06-11-2013 10:28 PM

6 Inch Touch Screen Pioneer in every 2014 tC!!

Who all has seen pics or heard that every 2014 will come with a touch headunit. From what I seen this wont be no BeeSpoke; it may be the real deal. I cant wait to hear reviews about it. It must be easy to transfer it to any tC2 given the same steering controls are being used.

Note a video review source said they all will have the touchscreen. I apologize in advanced if that source was wrong.

TheQuietThings 06-11-2013 10:36 PM

All 2014 scions will have this...

Tc13 06-12-2013 07:39 PM

Since this topic is at hand I have a question will a 2012 bespoken touchscreen work in my 2013 tc like will it PnP and everything work?

Sent from " NOT AN iPHONE "

LunacyFringe67 06-13-2013 05:21 AM

My experience with BeSpoke is that its garbage. The app NEVER works when I hook it up to the car and most the time the bluetooth option is the only one that'll work when I want to listen to my iPod or Pandora, rather than the selection itself. AND, teh HD radio will cut out every now and then, leaving me with my ear drums all confused. I'm very disappointed with the performance of Bespoke and the HU both. But it makes the interior look more modern. I know this doesn't answer anyones queation or anything, but I had to rant my bitterness.

If someone has had a better experience or I'm doing something wrong please let me know! I'd love to be wrong here. :lalala:

StatuSCheckA 06-13-2013 07:10 PM

I've heard many stories similar to Lunacy's..There are great affordable Pioneer Touchscreens new (but outdated) on Amazon that cost under $300 but wiring it to stock AUX and Bluetooth and USB sound a little confusing, but there are many threads about that.

LunacyFringe67 06-14-2013 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by StatuSCheckA (Post 4113974)
I've heard many stories similar to Lunacy's..There are great affordable Pioneer Touchscreens new (but outdated) on Amazon that cost under $300 but wiring it to stock AUX and Bluetooth and USB sound a little confusing, but there are many threads about that.

Any word if Toyota is actually going to do something about this problem? I don't mind that the cost of the screen because thats what sold me to the car BUT if it has fancy features thats an added bonus that I would like to work. It's just very frustrating that here we are, 2013, and a company is putting something out on the market like this that doesn't do as they promised.

StatuSCheckA 06-14-2013 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by LunacyFringe67 (Post 4114040)
Any word if Toyota is actually going to do something about this problem? I don't mind that the cost of the screen because thats what sold me to the car BUT if it has fancy features thats an added bonus that I would like to work. It's just very frustrating that here we are, 2013, and a company is putting something out on the market like this that doesn't do as they promised.

No, once the iPhone 5 came out it lost compatibility for BeSpoke.
Toyota wont do anything cause the headunit still plays music.. Someone that has a BeSpoke and does not like it will have to buy a new head unit just like anyone that does not like there OEM headunit.

LunacyFringe67 06-14-2013 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by StatuSCheckA (Post 4114094)
No, once the iPhone 5 came out it lost compatibility for BeSpoke.
Toyota wont do anything cause the headunit still plays music.. Someone that has a BeSpoke and does not like it will have to buy a new head unit just like anyone that does not like there OEM headunit.

It lost compatibility because of the 5 coming out or the iOS update that came with it for the 4s? Because I have a 4S so therefore it should work. Correct?:confused: :frown:

StatuSCheckA 06-14-2013 04:34 PM

Maybe it was the iOS6. It changed the way the iPhone outputted info to other devices.
So maybe your 4S wont work because iOS6. That Head Unit is really hit and miss from what I hear.

StatuSCheckA 06-14-2013 04:37 PM

This is from Toyota:

The new Apple iPhone 5 removed the analog video output which currently exists with the iPhone 4 and 4S. Because BeSpoke uses this analog video output, customers who have purchased an iPhone 5 will not be able to use the BeSpoke application on Scion vehicles equipped with Premium Audio.

LunacyFringe67 06-14-2013 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by StatuSCheckA (Post 4114109)
This is from Toyota:

I see what you're saying, but does this quote from Toyota state that mine should work, despite iOS updates? And that I do have a legitimate problem that I can have looked at?

THutch 06-14-2013 05:23 PM

They look like the same ones out of the new highlanders. I'll post a picture of the highlanders when I go to work today.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/19/uba6u4yh.jpg

oujerzy 07-04-2013 11:16 PM

BeSpoke radio compatibility...2012 radio for a 2103 TC

Originally Posted by Tc13 (Post 4113769)
Since this topic is at hand I have a question will a 2012 bespoken touchscreen work in my 2013 tc like will it PnP and everything work?

Sent from " NOT AN iPHONE "

I have been wondering this same question as I recently purchased a 2013 TC and would really like touchscreen functions while still maintaining the factory bluetooth mic, steering wheel controls etc. I know that adapters exist for some of these things but it all starts to add up when compared to just finding a used 2012 BeSpoke radio that no one seems to want anyway. Sooo, did you ever get an answer to this question? When I asked the dealership they indicated it was an easy plug and play installation but the parts guy I spoke with didn't seem that knowledgable and when I compare the photos of the back of the radios the 2012 BeSpoke seems to have an extra plug and I have no idea what it is for.

Also, when I asked the dealership if the 2014 factory touchscreen radios would be compatible with the 2011-2013 generation he told me he didn't think so...but again he seemed to pretty much just be guessing at nearly all the questions I posed to him.

https://imageshack.com/scaled/large/10/88jb.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com
https://imageshack.com/scaled/large/708/5nll.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com

scionpartsguy80 07-12-2013 02:48 AM

The new radio on 2014 or rs models are compatible with oolder scions but you would need to add a mic since only 2013 have it built in excep IQ MODELS that extra plug is for gps antenna .This is how it breaks down the pioneer radio alone is base touchscreen with basic options when u upgrade that radio they a extension box that bolts on under radio that has a lil harness that also goes to radio that extension box would be considered the new bespoke has all apps and other stuff ..new bespoke is powered by aha ..not zyprr llke last one the old ones where discontinued because they had lots of problems to many complaints of delay not accurate minimal ooptions all that was fixed with this new one

scionpartsguy80 07-12-2013 02:51 AM

Are you talking bout gray plug in pic that is to usb if u dont plug that in usb doesnt work older scions dont have that

torranosaurus 04-12-2014 12:54 AM

I have a 2014 tc with the bespoke touchscreen. When I hit the map button, it tells me I am not hooked up. Anyone know what to do?