Notices
Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

JL Audio 10" Stealthbox Released..

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

is there anyway you could take a video to kinda give an idea of about how hard it is hitting?
Old 08-02-2011, 03:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionchicop
Finally was able to find a place that can get it for me. Jl customer service was horrible when I called last week and of course, this week they are closed until next week. Cost was 499.95 with free shipping and no tax. I'll let you guys know how quality and install go when I get it in.
Where did you buy it for $500? I'll buy it for that much.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Imaking88, I'll try and post a soundclip as soon as I get a chance. Kvnhmmd, I got it from creativecaraudio.net. Their # is 4178317320
Old 08-02-2011, 12:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Imaking88, I'll try and post a soundclip as soon as I get a chance. Kvnhmmd, I got it from creativecaraudio.net. Their # is 4178317320
Did you have to call them to get that price? And I can't seem to find the product on their website. Do you have a direct link by chance?
Old 08-02-2011, 12:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its not on their website. I emailed them first, then called. JL sku number is 94515..model sbsctcg2
Old 08-02-2011, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd probably buy it at $500.

Is the addition of a subwoofer going to showcase the car's acoustic weaknesses, e.g. lack of sound deadening, etc. It would be a pity to add a subwoofer to the mix, only to have to see the car rattle all over, screws come undone, bras fall off, know what I mean?
Old 08-02-2011, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Although, it's hard to justify $500 when you see the potential for less expensive solutions out there, e.g.:

http://www.shipsound.com/Bazooka-VSE...m_p_10455.html

Granted -- that's not for the 2011. But the concept is the same. Why does JL charge so much for their stealthboxes? Because we're willing to pay for it.

My purpose for a subwoofer is pretty limited -- I want the reproduction of all frequencies, even low, to be accurate to the music. Authenticity is what I'm after, so I don't see the need for a 500 watt amplifier (as I believe the JL has). I'm not out to impress people.

Surely there's got to be a smarter way of getting what I'm after than the JL.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No rattling at all. I don't drive around with stereo blasting. My setup is clear and crisp. Sound is what i expected it to be. I had swapped all my factory speakers with highs and mids but had no lows at all. The Stealthbox fixed that and i couldn't be any happier. This box has no amp...has to be purchased seperately.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh I see, 500 watt power handling.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thumbs up

No rattling at all. I don't drive around with stereo blasting. My setup is clear and crisp. Sound is what i expected it to be. I had swapped all my factory speakers with highs and mids but had no lows at all. The Stealthbox fixed that and i couldn't be any happier. This box has no amp...has to be purchased seperately.
^ what did you use for your speakers? did you do front and back? i was lookin into JL components...

Received JL audio stealth-box last week, getting it installed on thursday. Hookin up to a JL xd 600/1....very excited!
Old 01-16-2012, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have Alpine components all around. You'll love the sound of the stealthbox. Good luck!
Old 01-20-2012, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

got the stealthbox installed lastnight, took them a while to get it bolted to the car but i am very impressed. It is a very clean sounding sub with plenty of bass for the tC. I definatly need to look at getting some dynamat in the future but im very pleased. I recommend it to anyone who wants some MOAR BASS with a clean enclosure that uses minimal hatch space....WINNING fa sho!
Old 01-20-2012, 09:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PEwilly9
got the stealthbox installed lastnight, took them a while to get it bolted to the car but i am very impressed. It is a very clean sounding sub with plenty of bass for the tC. I definatly need to look at getting some dynamat in the future but im very pleased. I recommend it to anyone who wants some MOAR BASS with a clean enclosure that uses minimal hatch space....WINNING fa sho!

I was a witness to this..it's a pretty hard hitting sub..sounds better than I thought it would
Old 01-20-2012, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scooter08
I was a witness to this..it's a pretty hard hitting sub..sounds better than I thought it would

^ thats my friend scooter, he is my friend....we share common interests...its nice...we have a friendship.....it feels lovely......Hi scooter, i miss u!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ thats my friend scooter, he is my friend....we share common interests...its nice...we have a friendship.....it feels lovely......Hi scooter, i miss u!
Miss you too bud!
Old 05-17-2012, 03:16 PM

Finally installed it. Install was very easy and instructions were well written. I'm running an alpine mrp-m500 amp and its got really clean bass. Not too loud and obnoxious. It made a huge difference since I had replaced my stock speakers and had no woofer. This thing is clean, sounds amazing, and for the price is well worth it.
Dude I have an RS7 tc and i just discovered the stealthbox. And I really would love it I think.. Where did you install your amp? The stealthbox doesn't come with one does it? Isbthisbset worth it over building your own box and stuff?
Old 05-17-2012, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey the stealthbox is legit. Lil pricey but a very quality setup. I hid a small JL audio xd 600.1. Underneath the floor mat in the hatch. Fits perfectly and is hidden away.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:35 PM

Hey the stealthbox is legit. Lil pricey but a very quality setup. I hid a small JL audio xd 600.1. Underneath the floor mat in the hatch. Fits perfectly and is hidden away.
No way?? I totally forgot about the storage space under the floor liner!!! Are there any cooling issues under there? was the wiring for it pretty easy? Cause I'll most likely be installing it myself...
Old 05-18-2012, 11:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I put my amps under driver and passenger seats. They're small enough not to be kicked by anyone that sits in the back and allows them to breathe. JL is pricey but i'm a big believer in "you get what you pay for." Only issue i did encounter is that once its installed, its a pain to remove. Having said that, if my right bulb tail light goes out, its gonna be a pain to replace or if i wanted to change my tails for aftermarket ones, which i considered I won't look forward to doing it ecause of the stealthbox being in the way.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:53 PM

Hmmm ok... That is definitely something to think about cause I'm planning on some aftermarket tail lights... Thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: JL Audio 10" Stealthbox Released..