Notices
Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Thoughts on a cargo cover?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member

Default Thoughts on a cargo cover?

So I'm in the market for a cargo cover. I had a real nice one on my xA (vinyl, retractable, super sturdy) but I can't seem to find one like that. I'm assuming they don't make those anymore? At least not for ours? Dunno, anyway, I found this one on sparksparts.com and wondering if anyone else had it? How is it? Sturdy, heavy duty and resilient to life? Or is it more of a left-wing cry-baby that needs a safe space because real life is too harsh

Just kidding about that last part. Thanks for your input!
Old 02-07-2017, 04:10 PM

I had my local dealership order one for me. When I went and looked at it I told them I didn't want it.
the vinyl does not retract. When you unhook it, it just hangs down. Also the vinyl is very thin and didn't seem like a quality part at all.
i ended up building one out of particle board and a material that pretty closely matches my interior carpet for under $20. It can be used as a shelf, is attached the same way the OEM one is, so it can be easily removed.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by SanDiegoPaneraiGuy
I had my local dealership order one for me. When I went and looked at it I told them I didn't want it.
the vinyl does not retract. When you unhook it, it just hangs down. Also the vinyl is very thin and didn't seem like a quality part at all.
i ended up building one out of particle board and a material that pretty closely matches my interior carpet for under $20. It can be used as a shelf, is attached the same way the OEM one is, so it can be easily removed.
Gotcha. So the one in the link is pretty much garbage and don't even bother?
Old 02-07-2017, 04:29 PM

I didn't want it...
Old 02-07-2017, 06:00 PM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

As a Suggestion, you might want to consider getting the Rear Hatch window a dark tint. One of my very 1st Mods was Tints.
I went with 5% Limo Tint:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sci...-5-rs9-232519/ See pic 1/3 down the page.
This is not for everybody, but have Limo Tints on all my cars for 30 years. It does not bother my night driving.

It offers UV Protection against Upholstery Fade, glare against the hot Cali sun. Acts as a Cargo Cover for Theft Deterrent against prying eyes.

It save me $80 for a Dealer Cargo Cover. And you don't have to Remove it and Store it. And the Cover Limits your Usable Hatch Space.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 02-07-2017 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:07 PM

∆∆∆∆∆ Agree completely. Bought my car with limo tint already on it! Would have been the first thing I did otherwise!