Notices
Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Viper 5901,5701,5601 install guide for TC2?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Viper 5901,5701,5601 install guide for TC2?

I'm looking to install this alarm system without the Remote Start feature. I couldn't find a specific guide that someone may have put up. So I was wondering if I could get a little bit of help.

I'm using the sticky of the wire diagram and got the manual off 12volt.com. Now all I need to do is connect the dots, but at this point I'm a little confused as to what goes where?

H1 Primary Harness
-----------------------
H1/1 - Dont Use
H1/2 - 'Ignition' (Contained within the Wiring Diagram Sticky)
H1/3 - Red on Siren
H1/4 - Dont Use
H1/5 - Connect to Chassis Ground
H1/6 - Don't Use
H1/7 - 'Trunk/Hatch Pin' (Contained within the Wiring Diagram Sticky)
H1/8 - ? Do you connect to 'Left Front Door Trigger' or 'Right Front Door Trigger' or both? (Contained within the Wiring Diagram Sticky)
H1/9 - Don't Use
H1/10 - Don't Use
H1/11 - ? Do you connect to 'Parking Lights(-)' or 'Parking Lights (+) or Don't use? (Contained within the Wiring Diagram Sticky)
H1/12 - Don't Use

Aux H2 Harness
------------------
H2/1 - Don't Use
H2/2 - Don't Use
H2/3 - Guessing this goes to 'Trunk/Hatch Release'? (Contained within the Wiring Diagram Sticky)
H2/4 - Don't Use
H2/5 - Don't Use
H2/6 - ???
H2/7 - ???
H2/8 - ? This car doesn't honk so is it used?

Door Lock, 3-pin connector
-------------------------------
1 - ???
2 - Don't Use
3 - ???

Since I'm not using the Remote start feature then I won't need to worry about hooking up the 'Remote Start In' and Remote Start Auxiliary Out'

If anyone could please jump in and correct any connections I may have done then I'll appreciate that.

Thanks
Old 09-21-2011, 11:58 PM

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=205268

I would follow this diagram. I used to work at Best Buy and put these in and this looks like the Directed Electronics diagrams.

For the parking lights (+) and (-) diagram says there is both. Inside the "brain" main box is a fuse you just need to make sure you follow the directions for either (+) or (-).

If you not hooking up the RS and only security, you would want to hook up both door triggers I would think. So it would go off if either door was forcefully opened.

What model Viper system are you using?

Do you happen to know what bypass module would be needed for the remote start if you were to use it.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's the diagram i was using. It doesn't have a guide. It just shows you what wires are what. Unless what you linked wasn't supposed to be the sticky in this forum.

Are you sure you linked the correct website?
Old 09-22-2011, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyone else like to share their thoughts to help out?

Thanks
Old 09-23-2011, 05:28 AM

Just curious, why are you not installing the remote start?
Old 09-23-2011, 06:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's alot of work just for something I really don't need. Im in florida so having the car warm up is really pointless since it just doesnt get cold here except for like 1 week out of the whole year. The rest of the time is just mild cold during the winter.

So you have any ideas on my questions above?
Old 11-20-2011, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

remote start works both ways. i use mine year round, primarily in the summer when its super hot to cool my car down.

the installer in me says "if you have to ask how to do it, you probably should pay someone"

now the other part of me will tell you this. you need to have the manual if you dont know what your doing.

12v = red wires (heavy gauge and small gauge)
ign = pink (solid no stripe)
starter (you need to hook up for starter interupt) = green to keyside purple to starter side
white = parking lights, make sure you put the fuse in the correct polarity
green = door trigger, i would recommend hooking up to domelight instead of the door triggers as you will need to diode isolate them
blue = trunk trigger
larger brown wire - siren +
the smaller brown wire is for the foot brake for r. start
black = ground (tap your own with a self tapping screw, ring terminal and a star washer)
smaller gauge green and blue (maybe attached to relay pack, if so simply cut wires from pack and tape up red wire) for door lock and unlock, you will need to program double pulse unlock unless you want to hit unlock twice everytime you have a passenger.

unless you have a actual button you wont have an aux trunk release

now i will say this one more time, if you dont know what you doing you should have a professional do it. i cant tell you how many times i have fixed hacked up mickey mouse installs and had to charge way more to not only install but fix what was done. DO NOT twist and tape, DO SOLDER!

good luck, and btw i am not liable if you attempt this yourself i gave you some solid advice but its up to you to do it right.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That post was awhile back dude. I took it to a pro, i couldn't get a response fast enough so I just paid the minor $80 bucks to have someone do it.

Although would you know how to connect the viper smartstart to this system?
Old 12-15-2011, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya sorry, I am doing a remote start in my buddies rs7 and I was looking through rs posts for tc2 to find out if anyone had done one yet with the push to start feature.

Smart Start is 12v & ground and a plug into the brain, but you will need a dealer login to activate it through dei. at best buy we charge 60 to install and activate it. it needs to be mounted high up in the dash as possible without any metal covering it, especially if you got the one with gps that tracks your cars location.