Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-owners-lounge-1824/)
-   -   ***2nd GROUP BUY POSSIBILITY*** - CUSCO Strut Tower Bar (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-owners-lounge-1824/%2A%2A%2A2nd-group-buy-possibility%2A%2A%2A-cusco-strut-tower-bar-207252/)

biglilsteve 09-08-2011 04:08 PM

^
Thanks A LOT!

No, honestly, I thought the very same things when I first got the email from them with the terms. I was just forcing myself to still be excited about it.

If the deal was sweet I would have jumped all over this, but like you, I have other things I want to do first (TRD springs, NST pulley, new Android phone).

It just took you putting it out there in plain sight to make me come to my senses.

STILL, for those who were planning on getting this as soon as possible anyway...it's still a good opportunity!

KidJustin 09-08-2011 05:14 PM

no hard feelings! and each person has their own reasons

but for the rest...i can assure you...$180+shipping is still a good price for what you are getting. agreed that it is not a "killer" deal but is still good deal

still a lot cheaper than the cheapest TRD strut out...and in my opinion the CUSCO bar is leaps and bounds better than the TRD strut ( i think even tanabe's is like $185+ ? i have to double check)

EDIT: even though steve and P droped...i think heydan and Brenex wanted in? or at least inquired about it..meaning there is still 10 so group buy is still good
..also looks someone else joined in (post below)...the more the merrier!

djsanchez 09-08-2011 05:27 PM

Im interested in joining this, I just need to know when the payment is needed xD

biglilsteve 09-08-2011 05:49 PM

djsanchez is in at #9...waiting on more concrete answers from heydan and Brenex.

I'm also still awaiting an answer back from Upgrade Motoring surrounding those few final details.

This thing is definitely still going to go down, guys!

I'm still going to get this bar over the other brands, that's for sure...just a question of when :)

MightyP 09-08-2011 07:10 PM

Definitely not knocking the product or the price. Timing just isn't right for me. But I do want to hear more reviews! :)

goose_119 09-08-2011 07:18 PM

depending on payment date, put me on the list.

biglilsteve 09-09-2011 12:49 AM

Goose, let me know what date works for you and if you are in for sure.

QUICK UPDATE

Payment is not due at the time you place your order. They will send out invoices once all 10+ orders are in.

Also, if 10 orders are not received, buyers will receive the option to purchase the bar at full price.

I will provide them with the list of buyers once we reach 10+ again and we will proceed with placing orders.

Forgive me if my spelling/grammar is off, as I'm sending this from work on the mobile site sigh.

biglilsteve 09-09-2011 12:52 AM

Also, I am still attempting to work out a cutoff date for orders with them. They seem to think 10/1 cutoff is too long. And since money is not due at the time of order, I am inclined to agree now. I just counteroffered them for next Saturday 9/17. I will keep you all posted!

biglilsteve 09-09-2011 12:59 AM

UPDATE

We have agreed upon next Saturday 9/17 as the cutoff.

Lets get back up to 10 members so we can do this!! (I'm considering jumping back in the list...)

goose_119 09-09-2011 01:41 AM

I'll have money on the fifteenth. End of the month I'm broke

biglilsteve 09-09-2011 02:05 AM

I'm sure they will gladly take your money on the 15th...you in???

Druidiron 09-09-2011 02:06 AM

Ok, I am a definitly maybe.... I would much rather get the RS1 lip on group buy, and if that comes up this month, then I will be a no go on this. I wrote RacingSolution on the forums, if they say the lip wont be good to go untill Oct, add me to this group buy. Hopefully they will write back quick.
One question though,(probably a dumb one) is the shipping cost going to be from Cali or Japan? That could be a pretty big difference so I figured I better ask!

goose_119 09-09-2011 02:08 AM

I believe cali. I'm in

Druidiron 09-09-2011 02:13 AM

I knew it was a dumb question when I was typing it, yeah shipping charge is from cali, just looked at the dealers website. $22 for me from Cali, not bad. Dont put me down yet but if RacingSolutions says Oct, I am all over this, even as # 11+

biglilsteve 09-09-2011 02:48 AM

Alright I will hold off on adding you...keep us posted!

KidJustin 09-09-2011 03:07 AM

everything looks great! i'm not even in (obvious reasons) but i am still super excited!

biglilsteve 09-09-2011 03:33 AM

Well since we are at 10 members now, I'm going to go ahead and forward the member list to Upgrade Motoring tomorrow after work. Ill provide details on how to order once that happens. I'm still at work now using the mobile site so I'm not really in a position to do much "coordinating" until I get back on my PC.

Scion202 09-09-2011 08:15 AM

dude thr internet is ____ed at my place now but kindle seems to work great!

btw if you get the brace before lowering springs then you will get a huge smack from the SL community lol. the springs by themselves improve hadling

johndeo11 09-09-2011 08:01 PM

hey my priority right now is buying a new shoes for my car. but i guess it'll be delayed again because im jumping on this group buy.

oh yeah, store pick up for me... :D

biglilsteve 09-09-2011 09:20 PM

^
Thanks for sticking with it! :)