Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-ice-interior-1828/)
-   -   ‘15 tC Pass. Seat Rattle FIXED! (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-ice-interior-1828/%9115-tc-pass-seat-rattle-fixed-236144/)

ScionGuy2015 05-31-2018 01:06 PM

‘15 tC Pass. Seat Rattle FIXED!

Hi, all! Just joined here. I have a 2015 tC in magnetic gray. LOVE my car! Got it a year and a half ago. Since day one, I noticed the seats and window switch panels had rattles. Fixed the window switch panels with some adhesive foam weatherstripping and yesterday I finally found the source of the passenger seat rattle! I’ve seen some post, but no complete fixes.

I did did see someone post that the plastic covers over the rear mounts of the seat are the source of the rattles so I removed them and went for a drive. It did solve *some of ththe rattling. Got back home and started looking under the seat and it didn’t take long to find the main source of rattling. The seats have these weight sensors for the airbag and there is a plug port with no plug in it. I’m assuming for diagnostics. Anyway, that plug is just loosely mounted to the sensor. I simply stuck some paper towels between it and the plug next to it. Rattle is GONE! Not sure if this will apply to anyone else with seat rattles but I figured I’d share anyway. Hope this helps!!

drizzoh 05-31-2018 02:56 PM

I've been fixing rattles in this car since day one. Pretty soon the entire car is going to be 3m taped together lol. The passenger seat is the WORST though. I get them to stop rattling for a few weeks then something else comes up. It's definitely from the little clips under there though. Why would Toyota make them so loose? :(

ScionGuy2015 05-31-2018 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by drizzoh (Post 4286913)
I've been fixing rattles in this car since day one. Pretty soon the entire car is going to be 3m taped together lol. The passenger seat is the WORST though. I get them to stop rattling for a few weeks then something else comes up. It's definitely from the little clips under there though. Why would toyota make them so loose? :(

*Knock on wood* I actually am rattle free now. Believe it or not lol. I can honestly deal with small, barely noticeable things, but that seat rattle was about to drive me INSANE lol.

Its a Toyota and I know the car will last me a very long time, but I’m with you on that one. I wish they would have paid more attention to little things like the rattles, but I know it’s a Scion and not a Lexus lol. Plus our cars have pretty firm suspensions, so I wouldn’t be surprised to hear a rattle every now and then. Overall, I’m very happy with the car though!

Oh! The sunroof creaking. The spring loaded wind deflector has plastic pieces on each end that contact the frame of the glass when the sunroof is closed. I lubed those with some silicone lube and that fixed the creaking for my car. I can take a pic and post here if this doesn’t explain it well enough lol.

drizzoh 05-31-2018 05:36 PM

I don't have the sunroof issue on mine. Maybe a previous owner or the dealer did a fix for it before I got it, or I fixed it early on and don't remember it. I'm told the rear C-pillar brace fixes it as well (but I fold my seats down way too much to install one). Rattles are nothing new to me, and with my stereo setup I create a lot of rattles with the vibrations. I gutted the entire car to fully deaden and insulate it (floor and all), and am still fixing rattles when they turn up. Mostly just under that damn passenger seat.

Speaking of the ride quality, the Tein S-Techs ride absolutely divine and leave you with a very streetable drop. Pair it with some nice rubber and it's a different car all together.

ScionGuy2015 06-04-2018 06:16 PM

*Update*
Rattle is back. �� the damn seat is coming out soon. I’m driving it on a 14hr trip soon and I can’t deal with these seats rattling over smooth roads even! Hopefully I find what’s rattling soon so I won’t have to deal with the dealership and warranty crap..