Notices
Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

2014 SC10N Series tC Build Thread "Delilah" (4/15/15)

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 02:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The car already looks like it has a body kit on it, it looks fine OEM.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by torqueTc
Dont ruin that nice car with some horrible body kit. I see its on your future mods - do yourself a favor and spend that money elsewhere.

You already have something semi-rare, I would keep it nice and clean. Skip the Takata's (unless you are racing, cuz if not its poser'ish) and exhaust heat wrap? What for? Your car is a normal car. No need to wrap it up (which there is a big debate on heat wrapping things with moisture/rain and accelerated cracking). Race teams do it because they replace it more often than you would, and I doubt your racing. Same thing with header setups. They are usually not racing in daily driving conditions either.

Skip all your bolt ons, go straight for the turbo, and leave it at - turbo, exhaust, tune and wheels. All the lights and stuff are kinda not my thing. I like the subtle stuff scion OEM did with it already, and everything else beyond that gets kinda gawdy.

Your car has great potential. Keep it clean, OEM styled, and dont go overboard with cheap mods. Once you get your turbo kit & tune, save up for a BBK for the front to help slow down all the extra power you'll have (after you get rims, or make sure the BBK clears yours). I've used stoptech's on all of my modded cars. Sorta pricey, but they work well.

Last thing: I dont know your situation, and am not asking - but I would not put too much money in a car that is not paid off, or close to it. Your car is a depreciating asset along with mods, so if your still living at home or something, you may want to pay the car down, or off before you mod it - not asking you to respond on that, just some advice from someone who has multiple (paid off) cars, and owns properties.

One question though - why did you pick a tc over the FRS, was it due to the smallness of the FRS? I would imagine the 10 series tc is the same price as the base FRS price

Base frs is still more expensive

Sent from JARVIS
Old 02-16-2014, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Red2014tC
Love the red lights up front, works very well with the silver. Sick car man love it.

thank you.. im up in the air about what to do on the whole color scheme, cause i dont want to be like everyone else with silver and black.

Originally Posted by Scorch3
The laggy throttle drives me crazy, I'd say that my number one issue. The steering doesn't feel very communicative to me and the TCS and VCS stuff can be really invasive sometimes. I also find the car just a bit too big for certain places I drive. Overall though its a great car, its fairly sporty but it doesn't really have a sporty feel.

is it laggy and not communicative when your in drive? or do you have manual? cause it gets a little more responsive when its in "S" mode. haha yea it kinda is a wide car.. i find myself comparing the two (tc1 & tc2) some times haha

Dont ruin that nice car with some horrible body kit. I see its on your future mods - do yourself a favor and spend that money elsewhere.

You already have something semi-rare, I would keep it nice and clean. Skip the Takata's (unless you are racing, cuz if not its poser'ish) and exhaust heat wrap? What for? Your car is a normal car. No need to wrap it up (which there is a big debate on heat wrapping things with moisture/rain and accelerated cracking). Race teams do it because they replace it more often than you would, and I doubt your racing. Same thing with header setups. They are usually not racing in daily driving conditions either.

Skip all your bolt ons, go straight for the turbo, and leave it at - turbo, exhaust, tune and wheels. All the lights and stuff are kinda not my thing. I like the subtle stuff scion OEM did with it already, and everything else beyond that gets kinda gawdy.

Your car has great potential. Keep it clean, OEM styled, and dont go overboard with cheap mods. Once you get your turbo kit & tune, save up for a BBK for the front to help slow down all the extra power you'll have (after you get rims, or make sure the BBK clears yours). I've used stoptech's on all of my modded cars. Sorta pricey, but they work well.

Last thing: I dont know your situation, and am not asking - but I would not put too much money in a car that is not paid off, or close to it. Your car is a depreciating asset along with mods, so if your still living at home or something, you may want to pay the car down, or off before you mod it - not asking you to respond on that, just some advice from someone who has multiple (paid off) cars, and owns properties.

One question though - why did you pick a tc over the FRS, was it due to the smallness of the FRS? I would imagine the 10 series tc is the same price as the base FRS price
im not really sure what a horriable body kit would be.. i like what they did on the Tuner challege cars and those were a 5AD kit. nothing has even come out for the 2014 specifically. so im up in the air.. there is no time deadline for what lays in the future.

personally i just want Takata's cause they look cool to me.. and i would like to light track my car down the road maybe.. and exhaust heat wrap i kinda just want the exhaust (header section only) to look different then anyone elses and exhaust cover when i pop the hood..

id honestly go turbo now if i had the money to waste.. and put into my car.. and i would love a BBK but the TRD one doesnt come cheap.. but ive also not looked into brakes other then rotors since my club is sponsored by one..

honestly im not trying to put a whole lot into my car.. since it is brand new pretty much.. and i have other things that matter too.. since i dont live at home.. but hell if i did live at home id be saving a ton of money to do what i want with... but i cant standing living under mommy and daddy.. haha

i didnt want an FRS cause of the prices difference.. and the fact that i had parts for my car already before i bought it.. so it was win win.. if i take care of my TC it will last me forever haha. which i attend to do

Originally Posted by Newman
The car already looks like it has a body kit on it, it looks fine OEM.

it kinda has a kit in reguards to the side skirts. cause they are the same ones from the RS8 just different badges.. lastly you cant really stay OEM here in SO CAL.. young tea stated that in the tuner challenge videos.. haha
Old 02-16-2014, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's definitely up to you to do what you want with your car and make it look unique, just don't rice it out. Buying a whole bunch of body mods like a body kit, crazy lights, tow hook, lightweight wheels, without putting a turbo in there is rice.
Also for the love of god don't put a fart can on there
Old 02-16-2014, 08:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Newman
It's definitely up to you to do what you want with your car and make it look unique, just don't rice it out. Buying a whole bunch of body mods like a body kit, crazy lights, tow hook, lightweight wheels, without putting a turbo in there is rice.
Also for the love of god don't put a fart can on there
i was going to do all of those things man.. every single one.. man now i can cause ill be all riced out.. darn...
Old 02-16-2014, 09:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i don't consider it "rice" if done well.
you can keep in unique and clean and not be turbo'd
personally i am waiting to pay mine off before i turbo, i'd like to keep my warranties going as i pay the car, not void every single one haha. but i do want to change mine up from the rest.

p.s. except fart cans, no car should have those -.-
Old 02-16-2014, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zerosky
i don't consider it "rice" if done well.
you can keep in unique and clean and not be turbo'd
personally i am waiting to pay mine off before i turbo, i'd like to keep my warranties going as i pay the car, not void every single one haha. but i do want to change mine up from the rest.

p.s. except fart cans, no car should have those -.-
yes if done well.. im not to sure what rice is.. cause all cars out there can be called rice.. also i think whatever i do to my exhaust will make it sound good.. cause i dont like that high pitched noise.. you can only void warrenty if they deem a mod to be the cause..
Old 02-17-2014, 02:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its a manual. Its just doesn't have the sportier feel my old Mazda Protege had. The Mazda was much lighter though and had a real cable throttle though so thats probably it.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:38 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by G5_TC
yes if done well.. im not to sure what rice is.. cause all cars out there can be called rice.. also i think whatever i do to my exhaust will make it sound good.. cause i dont like that high pitched noise.. you can only void warrenty if they deem a mod to be the cause..

Yeah but I feel like if you have a turbo they will use it as an excuse to void it and make up a reason on how

Sent from JARVIS
Old 02-17-2014, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scorch3
Its a manual. Its just doesn't have the sportier feel my old Mazda Protege had. The Mazda was much lighter though and had a real cable throttle though so thats probably it.
yea cable throttles are hard to come by now a days haha

Originally Posted by zerosky
Yeah but I feel like if you have a turbo they will use it as an excuse to void it and make up a reason on how
Sent from JARVIS
pretty much man they try to get out of work for the most part
Old 02-17-2014, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by G5_TC
yea cable throttles are hard to come by now a days haha

pretty much man they try to get out of work for the most part

How so? If you add turbo, your stressing the engine to a level that it wasn't intended to run at. Also the drive train is going to have harder pulls and jerks with the extra power. I think it's perfectly fair to void warranties and not call them lazy. Support our car manufacturer and give them some credit. Stock, car has a few perks and will last forever, turbo and mods ymmv and I wouldn't expect them to honor the addition stress on the car.

Just wanted to support scion a little, as they have always treated me and people I know well.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin
How so? If you add turbo, your stressing the engine to a level that it wasn't intended to run at. Also the drive train is going to have harder pulls and jerks with the extra power. I think it's perfectly fair to void warranties and not call them lazy. Support our car manufacturer and give them some credit. Stock, car has a few perks and will last forever, turbo and mods ymmv and I wouldn't expect them to honor the addition stress on the car.

Just wanted to support scion a little, as they have always treated me and people I know well.
i wouldnt expect them to keep a warrenty with a turbo on it.. there have been times ive gone to the dealer with people and its factory things (like rear glass with skratches on the inside of the glass) or in my case the steering wheel on my last car was coming a part and they said it was wear and tear we dont fix it..
Old 02-17-2014, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you learn to chew on pencils instead of your steering wheel? heh
Old 02-18-2014, 03:05 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Gabe knows what he's doing.

he might be new on this forum, but he's pretty much a vet in the tC2 world. trust
Old 02-19-2014, 04:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What brand LED bulbs did you use in the rear signals? The ones I bought don't fit into the rear light housing.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by destruk
Did you learn to chew on pencils instead of your steering wheel? heh
haha funny..

Originally Posted by KidJustin
Gabe knows what he's doing.
he might be new on this forum, but he's pretty much a vet in the tC2 world. trust
thanks buddy.. yea just a little new the this forum... thought id make a build thread for my new baby haha

but need to talk to you about doing a scion meet and greet again in march or april

What brand LED bulbs did you use in the rear signals? The ones I bought don't fit into the rear light housing.
as stated in this thread..
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=197961
they are 7440 size.. for the rear 2014s the front aren't exactly plug and play.. cause some wire cutting needs to happen. and i just got mine from DDM Tuning since they are new by me
Old 02-19-2014, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

2014 Scion tC Bulb Sizes:

Low/high beam headlights: 9006/9012
Fog lights: H11 (not sure yet since i don't have any)
Brake lights (circle): 194 (wedge base)
Front turn signals: 1156
Rear turn signals: 7440 (wedge base)
Back up light(s): 194 (wedge base)
License plate: 194 (wedge base)
Front side markers: 194(wedge base)
Map light (front): 194 (wedge base)
Dome light (rear): DE3022
Trunk: DE3022
Old 02-20-2014, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry I should have been more clear in my question I bought 7440 LED bulbs for the rear, and they fit into the socket, but the bulbs themselves will not fit into the light housing. They are slightly wider than the stock bulbs.

I was just wondering what Brand of bulbs you used since your car is also a 2014 with the same tail lights.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry I should have been more clear in my question I bought 7440 LED bulbs for the rear, and they fit into the socket, but the bulbs themselves will not fit into the light housing. They are slightly wider than the stock bulbs.

I was just wondering what Brand of bulbs you used since your car is also a 2014 with the same tail lights.
gotcha. is it that you cant get the bulb with it plugged in the socket in the housing? like the wires are long enough... if thats the case gentley pull the wires they are like glued down.. if its not the case please post a photo so i can see what you have.. im running with a DDM Tuning LEDs.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think red means the diameter of the led is too wide to fit into the hole for where the bulb is inside the taillight. So has the right size base but too big of a "bulb"

Sent from JARVIS

Quick Reply: 2014 SC10N Series tC Build Thread "Delilah" (4/15/15)