Notices
Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

2016 tC Release Series 10.0 Barcelona Red- Limited Edition of 1,200 Units

Old 03-24-2016, 03:50 PM
Scionlife Editor

Thumbs up 2016 tC Release Series 10.0 Barcelona Red- Limited Edition of 1,200 Units

The tC Release Series 10.0 marks the end of the youth-oriented Scion brand, and its public funeral is happening with this debut at the New York Auto Show.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 08-25-2018 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Updated
Old 11-10-2017, 05:24 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Thumbs up

Release Series 10.0 Only 1,200 units.

Barcelona Red,
Designer Ken Miura Body Kit, Red Contrast Stitching Interior, Black Badges, Glossy Black 18" Wheels, TRD Lowering Springs, and TRD Dual Exhaust.

Added RS10 Supplemental Information Video to Post # 2 Above ▲▲ LOOK UP! ▲▲

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-12-2020 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Added RS10 Supplemental Information Video to Post # 2
Old 09-23-2018, 06:17 PM
SL Member

My body front bumper and rear bumper panels are "falling" recently had a body shop tell me it is because the ground effects kit wasn't engineered/installed well.

Being a factory done mod, would Toyota be willing to look at it and fix?

Last edited by MR_LUV; 09-23-2018 at 08:24 PM.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:31 PM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Originally Posted by mjb59
My body front bumper and rear bumper panels are "falling" recently had a body shop tell me it is because the ground effects kit wasn't engineered/installed well.

Being a factory done mod, would Toyota be willing to look at it and fix?
I would Suggest you bring this up with your Dealership's Service Manager. Tell them you have a Factory Defect with Workmanship and you are still Under Warranty.
If no success, take pictures and Keep Escalating the Problem. Their Customer Relations Manager. Their Toyota Representative. Toyota Corporate, if Necessary.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 09-25-2018 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 02:58 PM
SL Member

Default Coil Spring colour

Heys guys,

Can one of you RS10 owners from Canada check the colour of your coil springs. Mine are black and was wondering if they're supposed to be red like the TRD Lowering Springs that are available to buy.
I bought my tC used last September and I've had some issues with the dealer I bought it from, so looking for info on here.

Also I've had the same issue as mjb59 with the bumpers unclipping by the fender, but I'm sure the previous owner caused the issue.

Thanks,
Charles

Old 08-12-2019, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

They should be red. If you bought it used there's a chance someone swapped them before trading it in or upgraded to the Eibach Pro Kit (lower than the TRD's). Post up some side shots and we can let you know if it's lowered.

The sagging bumpers plagues all tC2's (and most Toyota's in general). I swapped my bumper clips and it cut the gap down by about half, but they weren't cheap. Just badly designed parts and not enough screws.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 08-12-2019 at 06:37 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-12-2019, 05:34 PM
SL Member

Default Pics

Here are some pics. Every now and then I look at it and I think it's got a lot of gap and I should lower it proper, but I have to deal with winter here. The springs have 2 paint marks on each, for factory alignment I assume Definitely not upgraded but I would like to know if they should be red and therefore should be lower. I look at regular tC's and I think mine is a little lower, but hard to really tell without parking next to one.
Attached Thumbnails 2016 tC Release Series 10.0 Barcelona Red- Limited Edition of 1,200 Units-left-side.jpg   2016 tC Release Series 10.0 Barcelona Red- Limited Edition of 1,200 Units-right-side.jpg   2016 tC Release Series 10.0 Barcelona Red- Limited Edition of 1,200 Units-front.jpg   2016 tC Release Series 10.0 Barcelona Red- Limited Edition of 1,200 Units-rear.jpg  
Old 08-12-2019, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's actually really hard to tell, it doesn't look lowered to me at all lol. I really liked my Tein S-Techs before I upgraded to coilovers - no issue with those but they rode way nicer than the TRD's and Eibach Sportlines
while still providing easy clearance of speed bumps and driveways. No snow here in Phoenix but it's a nice streetable drop.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 08-17-2019 at 02:58 AM.
Old 05-08-2020, 03:46 AM
SL Member

Hello, I just got an RS 10.0 of my own recently. And there's two questions I have that I hope someone here can answer. The first is, with the previous owner having taken the badge off on the inside that tells me what number the car is out of 1200, is there anyway to get a new badge? I had read somewhere that an RS 8.0 owner was able to get a replacement badge after calling Toyota, but I believe this was back when Scion was actually still around, so I don't know if a replacement is still possible. Also, I have been noticing that my car is getting substantially less mpg than it's rated for and I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and knows a possible fix. One thing I've been wondering is if the Sport/Manual shift mode on the Automatic transmission is making it get horrible gas mileage, but then again, I know the same engine gets about the same mpg on the manual tranny, so I don't see 100% how the manual shift mode could cause the mpg to drop by a little more than 50%.
Old 05-08-2020, 06:04 AM
SL Member

Hello Jamonit,
For your first question, I am going to say RIP, I don't think there is any way to get a new RS badge which is a bummer.
For your second question, there are multiple things that could cause poor MPG such as dirty engine air filter, dirty MAF, dirty throttle body, bad spark plugs, incorrect tire pressure, dirty injectors, the way you drive (normal, aggressive, [I can't say because only you know how you drive]), and yes the manual shift/sport mode "could" affect your MPG if your shifting later than you normally would, which is you essentially delaying the transmission from upshifting resulting in more fuel being used.
Old 05-08-2020, 04:07 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by JakeAut0
Hello Jamonit,
For your first question, I am going to say RIP, I don't think there is any way to get a new RS badge which is a bummer.
For your second question, there are multiple things that could cause poor MPG such as dirty engine air filter, dirty MAF, dirty throttle body, bad spark plugs, incorrect tire pressure, dirty injectors, the way you drive (normal, aggressive, [I can't say because only you know how you drive]), and yes the manual shift/sport mode "could" affect your MPG if your shifting later than you normally would, which is you essentially delaying the transmission from upshifting resulting in more fuel being used.
Hello,

Thank you for the quick reply. Since there’s prolly no way to get a new RS badge, I have wondered if I can figure out my number if I knew the total number of 2016 tCs that got made and then compared my vin number to that total to see which one mine is, from there, I can always get custom stuff to show off the number. For the mpg, I guess I’ll just have to have a Toyota service department look it over to figure it out, cause I’m getting nearly half of what I should be getting on mpg and I’m not so sure driving style or the manual mode could bring my mpg down from 23-31 to 11. So it makes more sense to me that something is bad or dirty inside the engine and that’s what is causing the low mpg, just in all honesty, because I used to drive a manual ‘06 xB and I usually drove it fairly hard and it still got an avg of 24-25 mpg which was about what it was rated for from the dealer. Anyway, thank you for your reply, I’ll have my local Toyota service department look it over when I take it in for an oil change or I’ll just have the Toyota I bought it from look it over when I take it back for a new front bumper clip.
Old 05-08-2020, 04:22 PM
SL Member

Sadly I don't think there is a way to find out your RS number as it is a number Toyota gave to each RS and has nothing to do with the VIN#. Wow! 11 MPG, yeah I also agree/think that no driving style could cause that, definitely a problem of some sort. Hopefully, you find out what is causing it.
Old 05-08-2020, 06:31 PM
SL Member

OK, I just looked at my VIN number on the inside of the door, and I noticed just under the VIN number on the bottom right
there's a number "489", could this be what number out of 1200 my car is?

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-09-2020 at 02:20 AM.
Old 05-08-2020, 08:44 PM
SL Member

I don't think that number is the RS number as I have a number with 3 digits as well and it is not an RS, but maybe someone who does have an RS can correct me.
This not my photo/car but it shows the 3 digit number next to a letter. I don't know if yours looks like this or not, but this is off 2008 Scion tC.

This Vin Decoder might help/might not:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vindecoder.php
Old 05-09-2020, 08:54 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Originally Posted by Jamonit
Hello, I just got an RS 10.0 of my own recently. And there's two questions I have that I hope someone here can answer. The first is, with the previous owner having taken the badge off on the inside that tells me what number the car is out of 1200, is there anyway to get a new badge? I had read somewhere that an RS 8.0 owner was able to get a replacement badge after calling Toyota, but I believe this was back when Scion was actually still around, so I don't know if a replacement is still possible. Also, I have been noticing that my car is getting substantially less mpg than it's rated for and I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and knows a possible fix. One thing I've been wondering is if the Sport/Manual shift mode on the Automatic transmission is making it get horrible gas mileage, but then again, I know the same engine gets about the same mpg on the manual tranny, so I don't see 100% how the manual shift mode could cause the mpg to drop by a little more than 50%.

On the RS10, the Badge is located next to your Mirror Controls on your Dash. On Other Release Series, it could be Anywhere. On the Dash, Steering Wheel, Center Console. On the RS9, the ID is on the Mirror Cover.
If your RS10 ID Badge is Gone, it is Gone and you are Out of Luck. I believe it is applied at the Factory and it is a Unique Number and you cannot get a Replacement even if Scion were still Active.
(that is a shame, because IMHO, it de-values the car in the eyes of a Collector who wants the Original Information)

As far as your low mileage, there are too many variables. I would defers to JakeAut0's suggestions is his Above post.
Myself, on my 2015 RS9 with 5 years years and 25K miles, I still get around 23 Combined MPG w/ Auto Tranny.
I lost about 1 MPG when I installed my TRD CAI but, got 14 HP in return. See my Thread in my Signature Below w/ Dyno Results.

I Do Not believe you can determine your Unique RS ID Number from your VIN Number. On my RS9, the 3-Number & Letter 379A on the Door Jamb below the VIN #is Not Related to my Actual #0155 of my ID Mirror Cover.
(I have No Information on what the 3-Number & Letter combination refers to. A Guess would be a Plant No., Factory No., Production Schedule No., Line No., or the like)

MR LUV

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-13-2020 at 07:44 AM.
Old 05-11-2020, 01:15 PM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Added RS10 Supplemental Information Video to Post # 2 Above ▲▲ LOOK UP! ▲▲

MR LUV

Old 05-13-2020, 04:51 AM
SL Member

Ok, so I have been driving my tC around some more and I figured out how to reset the avg mpg and I filled it back up to full with some Costco gas, and since then it's reading between 21.5 and 22 mpg, so I guess there was nothing wrong after all. I do have another question tho, with the lights, mine only shows off, then the accent lights on and after that is headlights full on, but I've read that the tC was supposed to have auto on/off headlights, does mine just not have this or am I not understanding what the different settings are?
Old 05-13-2020, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If your lights had an auto function you would see the word auto on the stalk.

This is the first I've heard of this car having that feature, tho the RS models sometimes gets some extra features.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:03 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Originally Posted by Jamonit
OK, so I have been driving my tC around some more and I figured out how to reset the avg mpg and I filled it back up to full with some Costco gas, and since then it's reading between 21.5 and 22 mpg, so I guess there was nothing wrong after all. I do have another question tho, with the lights, mine only shows off, then the accent lights on and after that is headlights full on, but I've read that the tC was supposed to have auto on/off headlights, does mine just not have this or am I not understanding what the different settings are?
If your 2016 RS10 is like my 2015 RS9 w/ Smart Ignition, then the Head Light Switch is Correct like mine. There is No separate Auto On/Off Setting like some other Vehicles.
But, say for instance, you are coming Home at Night pulling into your Driveway leaving your Headlights ON. As you get out and Open your Door you will get a Reminder Buzzer your Head lights are ON.

IF you Intentionally get out and Close the Door with the Headlights ON, your Head Lights with Auto OFF in 35 seconds by Default. Therefore, it does have a Auto OFF function.
That's a Nice Feature like in my case, I Prefer to Park in the Driveway and at Night, the Head Lights remain on long enough so I have light until I make it to my Front Door.

MR LUV