Notices
Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

BTA No Connection on new 2013 tC..

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member

Default BTA No Connection on new 2013 tC..

Hello everyone,
Recently I became the owner of a Scion tC (new), and noticed that when I try to pair a phone with Bluetooth, there is no 'Bluetooth' setting in the Options menu.

I also get a message of "BTA No Connection".

I found this thread which sounds like the issue: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=212336

The first reply says that the problem is the Bluetooth microphone is not connected. I popped of the stereo (which was ridiculously easy),
and sure enough there is one loose wire coming out from the head unit that is not connected to anything. The problem is, there doesn't seem to be anything to plug it into, or connect it to.

So, just wondering if anyone has run into this issue? What I really need is some sort of wiring guide for the stereo, either that or if someone has a 2012/13 tC and could get a picture of some of the stereo connections.

Thank you in advance for any help!

______

Last edited by MR_LUV; 08-31-2019 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Awarded 5 Yr Badge
Old 12-29-2012, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by ArmoredCavalry
Hello everyone,
Recently I became the owner of a Scion TC (new), and noticed that when I try to pair a phone with bluetooth, there is no 'bluetooth' setting in the options menu.

I also get a message of "BTA No Connection".

I found this thread which sounds like the issue: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=212336

The first reply says that the problem is the bluetooth microphone is not connected. I popped of the stereo (which was ridiculously easy), and sure enough there is one loose wire coming out from the headunit that is not connected to anything. The problem is, there doesn't seem to be anything to plug it into, or connect it to...

So, just wondering if anyone has run into this issue? What I really need is some sort of wiring guide for the stereo, either that or if someone has a 2012/13 TC and could get a picture of some of the stereo connections.

Thank you in advance for any help!
In all honesty if the dealership isn't to far and you feel they are trustworthy enough to fix your car, I would take it in. Don't tell them you removed anything or try to fix anything just bring up the issue of no connectivity. I've leased two tC's and didn't have issues like that. I'd also call the insurance company and check to see if your covered for an electrical fire.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:33 PM

you just have to really look behind the headunit, the mic wire is there. its like tucked in behind a few wires and when you connect that your Bluetooth should work fine i had the same issue with my TC
Old 12-29-2012, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by shawnshah11
you just have to really look behind the headunit, the mic wire is there. its like tucked in behind a few wires and when you connect that your Bluetooth should work fine i had the same issue with my TC
Actually found it this morning after I double checked it. Don't know how I missed it the first time!

For reference of anyone who finds this thread, the microphone connector is the third from the left on the back of the headunit (if holding it front side towards you).

In my case, the wire harness to plug into it was just dangling back behind some other wires to the right side.

I plugged that in, and although it will still initially display "BTA No connection", there was now a Bluetooth option in the menus, and was able to pair my phone.

Only issue left now seems to be that the headunit won't let you control the volume if you use a non-stock audio app on Android.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

question, did you have to remove dash to get behind the radio?
Old 12-31-2012, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by PEwilly9
question, did you have to remove dash to get behind the radio?
Just the center portion of the dash (covers only the radio, includes the clock/caution light button).

Basically just start at the very bottom, above the climate controls, below the headunit, and pry that lose. Once the bottom is off, the rest comes off very easily.

After that it is just 4x 10mm bolts to remove, then the whole headunit easily comes out.

Hope that helps.