Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-owners-lounge-1824/)
-   -   Bumbleblee Themed 2012 tC RS 7.0 (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-owners-lounge-1824/bumbleblee-themed-2012-tc-rs-7-0-a-218211/)

TCautobotz 09-30-2012 12:45 AM

Bumbleblee Themed 2012 tC RS 7.0

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64261187@N02/8037508189/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/64261187@N02/8037508243/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/64261187@N02/8037508275/

Only Mods are for car meets/parking lot pimpin Underglow kit and Bumblebee hood wrap. And factory spoilers.
Car already comes loaded with extras for the RS 7.0 package but I am hesitant to lower the car after all the negative rear camber issues people are having.

TheQuietThings 09-30-2012 01:18 AM

Just when you thought youve seen it all...

TCautobotz 09-30-2012 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by TheQuietThings (Post 4059471)
Just when you thought youve seen it all...

Lol, yeah your tone sounds more sarcastic than anything but and I've received a few laughs but I got alot of props for this from random people and at my last car meet. There are many ricers in the SF Bay Area California but no one has a printed hood wrap on their car yet. Some have fake carbon fiber wraps but never a printed wrap.

Martyr03 09-30-2012 03:01 AM

As a huge fan of Transformers (older Transformers, not the crap Michael Bay put out and called a movie).

I like this.

ashtc2 09-30-2012 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by TCautobotz (Post 4059476)
Lol, yeah your tone sounds more sarcastic than anything but and I've received a few laughs but I got alot of props for this from random people and at my last car meet. There are many ricers in the SF Bay Area California but no one has a printed hood wrap on their car yet. Some have fake carbon fiber wraps but never a printed wrap.

You just called yourself a ricer.

FreedomPenguin 09-30-2012 05:09 AM

Its your car, if your happy then its awesome, I am not a fan of bumblebee tbh. Its neat though how you did that.
Since your transformer themed.. wish you could of put this on it.. with less clothes, you would win every car meet and race... forever..
http://www.dadsbigplan.com/wp-conten...moon-carly.jpg

Alvie 09-30-2012 09:02 AM

Looks good! What most people don't realize is that its a Scion. 99.9% of all Scion are Riced out anyway. Your tC just stands out, in a good way.

XIEmperorIX 09-30-2012 09:13 AM

Why wouldn't we realize its a Scion? Your post confuses me.

jct 09-30-2012 09:30 AM

i was expecting some bubblebee stripes and not some hood sticker on a cf hood... totally wasted a click on this thread

i want my click back

ProjectTC2 09-30-2012 03:16 PM

It's actually not a CF hood, it's the stock hood. The background of the sticker is just black.

torqueTc 09-30-2012 04:24 PM

I like it. A lot of the Scion people are so hardcore about being "clean", yet, most of them are rocking junk china coils, eBay intakes, and cheap tuner wheels, black window tint, horrible painted interiors, and PLASTI DIPPED parts now
and obnoxious (and not done well) "systems". Most of these guys are delusional thinking that their unboosted tC is fast, with the IHE combo (yeah.. right).

Your not afraid of being called out, and I commend you for it. As you said, your car was clearly done for hard parking.

You guys need to all wake up. You drive Scion tCs. Anyone can buy one. And the used market is flooded with them now, which is exactly why I wanted mine out of my driveway ASAP. If you want something exclusive, its time to move away from tC's.

ProjectTC2 09-30-2012 04:35 PM

Who on the tC2 forum has junk china coils or eBay intakes?

nguyener 09-30-2012 04:38 PM

I wouldn't say it looks horrible. If it is bad to be Different then so be it. He likes it and it's his car, no need to trash up his thread with negative comments
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

russiankid 09-30-2012 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by torqueTc (Post 4059564)
I like it. A lot of the scion people are so hardcore about being "clean", yet, most of them are rocking junk china coils, ebay intakes, and cheap tuner wheels, black window tint, horrible painted interiors, and PLASTI DIPPED parts now - and obnoxious (and not done well) "systems". Most of these guys are delusional thinking that their unboosted tc is fast, with the IHE combo (yeah.. right).

Your not afraid of being called out, and I commend you for it. As you said, your car was clearly done for hard parking.

You guys need to all wake up. You drive scion tCs. Anyone can buy one. And the used market is flooded with them now, which is exactly why I wanted mine out of my driveway ASAP. If you want something exclusive, its time to move away from tc's.

I agree for the most part, there are several members who do it right and not overdone.

TCautobotz 09-30-2012 10:23 PM

@ thealexhernandez, if you have a Scion, have modified it in any way, and are visiting this forum, you too are a ricer. Since I was in the days in the 90s when only Asians fixed up Japanese import cars, my opinion of a ricer is anyone who mods a Japanese import car.

@ FreedomPenguin, Alvie, torqueTc, and nguyener thank you for the comments and recognizing I could give a rat's ___ what other people think.

I come from the first days of modifying Japanese cars in the pre-2000s era, not after the Fast and the Furious hype and wannabes that came with it after the movie. You guys are right I am only doing my car for meets and show, I am not going to pretend I have a fast car (although it is decent in speed).

I've owned an S2000, G35 Coupe, 350Z they are all fast cars not Scions, not even the Scion FR-S. I drive the SF Bay alot and this is my commuter, its reliable, and spacious. I don't have time to deal with the maintenance issues of my past V6s (350Z and G35) like grinding gears and brakes wearing out every 8K, nor the limited 2 seater of my old S2000, so Scions satisfy my requirement for a unique commuting car, customizable, and is supposed to be customized to "each individual's" style. My car is not tacky or unclean, so what is all the whining and badgering about?

Before My S2000, G35, and 350Z I was modifying Civics and Del Sols when the B-series motor just became the next step after tons of effort people put into pulling out power from Honda D-series motors.

And at jct, I hope your a billionaire like Bill Gates because seconds of your time for the middle class average Joe doesn't mean anything. We spend more time trying to figure out which nose to pick than a few seconds it takes for a click.
So if I figure out how to modify my 2012 tC into a time machine and go back time and give you a "click" back I will do it just for you. lol

Originally Posted by jct (Post 4059535)
i was expecting some bubblebee stripes and not some hood sticker on a cf hood... totally wasted a click on this thread i want my click back

russiankid 10-01-2012 01:21 AM

You had issues with your G35 and 350Z? I know a few people with modded G's and Z's who beat the living ____ out of them and have no issues with grinding gears or brakes wearing out every 8k. Sounds like a driver error to me.

I am not knocking your car because it's not my car, do as you wish.

fun173 10-01-2012 01:58 AM

What's your release #?

Join the RS7 FB group!! http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/RS7Club/

TCautobotz 10-01-2012 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by russiankid (Post 4059692)
You had issues with your G35 and 350Z? I know a few people with modded G's and Z's who beat the living ____ out of them and have no issues with grinding gears or brakes wearing out every 8k. Sounds like a driver error to me.

I am not knocking your car because it's not my car, do as you wish.

The 2003-2004 6MT Sport (with brembo brakes and Bose audio) had premature brake wear and rear tire wear issues, which I never got to experience because I only owned it for a month. I sold it due to relocating and having to commute farther 20000 miles a year and didn't want to pay for the rising gas costs when it reached $4.00 a gallon 3 years ago. I didn't have any issues with the G35 but I did find the 6th spark plug leak that people had problems with (another common 2003-2004 issue) but had it replaced under factory warranty. The 2003-2005 350Zs had a lot (not all) of faulty transmissions with bad syncros even at 2000 miles, the one I bought was a 6 speed 2004 Brickyard pearl 350Z that had 3 gears with bad syncros at only 60000 miles.

russiankid 10-01-2012 02:47 AM

Interesting. A buddy of mine has a 2004.5, no issues with his Brembo's or trans and he's at 90k miles and boosted. Guess they fixed whatever the issue was in 04.5's.