Notices
Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

Can't find a 2011 tC 6sp manual ANYWHERE

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 04:32 PM

Default Can't find a 2011 tC 6sp manual ANYWHERE

I want a manual tC in just about any color except cement or silver. My dealer has looked within a 500mi radius (Boise, ID) and cannot find one. Everything out there is an automatic. I found a manual that is cement, but i HATE that color. Might as well be called primer gray.

Anyway, I put down a deposit to order one, but I'm told there are no tCs en-route to the US. It might be upwards of 3mo before we see new inventory. I contacted Scion directly and they were less than helpful.

I would simply like to have a real estimate. If they can't get the car within a few months, I might pull my deposit and consider other options (Mazda3, Forte)
Old 06-30-2011, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had the same problem in Florida and eastern pa. ( I live in both areas). They only make 20000 of the tC for the model year. The 2011 are just about out. The 2012 will be arriving around august or September. So most likely your deposit will be going towards a 2012 model. I know all of this because I ordered the 2012 RS7 and this is what several dealers told me in Florida and pennsylvania.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:10 PM

Thanks for the info. That seems kind of lame that they limit the production....seems like a hell of a stupid way to make money.

Maybe someone should tell Toyota about supply and demand. Stop making so f-ing many Camrys and build something people want.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Funny, since the corolla and camry are some of the best selling cars in recent history... Meanwhile xB's, xD's, and tC's sell in minuscule volumes. I'm not saying any of them are bad cars, but for you to say that Toyota should build more cars that people actually buy is like telling them you want them to axe Scion and build more Camry's and Prius's. Heck, should they get rid of the LF-A and the upcoming FR-S? This line of thinking is what got the Supra and celica killed to build more RAV-4's and 4runners.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by shawn3550
Thanks for the info. That seems kind of lame that they limit the production....seems like a hell of a stupid way to make money.

Maybe someone should tell Toyota about supply and demand. Stop making so f-ing many Camrys and build something people want.
There reasoning is that the scion line isn't a mainstream car. It is more of a tuner car aimed at the younger generation. Limiting these to 20000 per year keeps it somewhat exclusive so you won't see the same car everywhere.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^Even then, I still see the same car everywhere.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:40 PM
SL Member

@SHAWN3550 where in Idaho are you? My new car manager says that we can get a manual tc in black within a day or so. I am in Springfield, OR
Old 06-30-2011, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dropzone
^Even then, I still see the same car everywhere.
Ditto. Plus the sales were down, and also they ceased/stopped production due to the earthquake.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:54 PM

@NINERBUD. I live in Boise Idaho (SW corner...50mi from Oregon Border). I think your manager is seeing the same thing that two dealers in my area have been fooled by. There are a few cars out there (specifically a black 6sp Man) that have a ton of dealer options on them, but they don't appear that way when you look them up.

However, if you can find a 6M that doesn't have 5K of crap on it, I would be very interested. The only colors that are a no-go for me are Silver and Cement.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:58 PM

Also, sorry to pi$$ anyone off with the camry comment. I will be more than happy for Scion to limit production once I have one in my posession. I owned one of the first 2005 tCs in my area. It took over a year before I started to see ANY of them on the road.

I keep looking at other options, like the Mazda3 or Kia Forte Koup, but I can't get past all of the things I like about the tC (most power, best stereo, 18" wheels, Moonroof). I really want to hold out for a tC, but anything over 4-6 weeks might be too long.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:10 PM
SL Member

@NINERBUD. I live in Boise Idaho (SW corner...50mi from Oregon Border). I think your manager is seeing the same thing that two dealers in my area have been fooled by. There are a few cars out there (specifically a black 6sp Man) that have a ton of dealer options on them, but they don't appear that way when you look them up.

However, if you can find a 6M that doesn't have 5K of crap on it, I would be very interested. The only colors that are a no-go for me are Silver and Cement.
Ok, we found one or two, without a bunch of options, PM me your contact information and we can talk about this more in detail. I just want to make it easy for you to get the car you really want.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn, maybe now is a good time to put my SW 6MT on the market - mdiluxe style.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that cement color is ugly. my folks have been looking for a 2011 Prius. Every dealer around here is out of Prius' while they're lots are full of big trucks, camrys, and corolla's. There's about 5 dealerships near my area, and none of them can get a Prius within 3 months.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member

Also, sorry to pi$$ anyone off with the camry comment. I will be more than happy for Scion to limit production once I have one in my posession. I owned one of the first 2005 tCs in my area. It took over a year before I started to see ANY of them on the road.

I keep looking at other options, like the Mazda3 or Kia Forte Koup, but I can't get past all of the things I like about the tC (most power, best stereo, 18" wheels, Moonroof). I really want to hold out for a tC, but anything over 4-6 weeks might be too long.
dont get a kia...lol. just..dont. well that my opinion

but when it comes down to it, get a car you want to drive. if you want a tc, get a tc. you should be able to acquire one, like the guy in OR stated. go to a few different toyota dealerships. only thing i can guess is they stopped production on 2011 for the 2012 models which should be here shortly i believe...but still i do not see how you would not be able to get a 2011. there was a massive earthquake in japan...
Old 06-30-2011, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^Exactly, don't settle for something that don't really want.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I have a sizzling crimson mica, a black sand pearl and a cement in stock, right now.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:47 PM

We have a Nautical Blue Metallic....The rest are A/T
MA is not too close to you though....
Old 07-01-2011, 04:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Eziekel
that cement color is ugly. my folks have been looking for a 2011 Prius. Every dealer around here is out of Prius' while they're lots are full of big trucks, camrys, and corolla's. There's about 5 dealerships near my area, and none of them can get a Prius within 3 months.
Prius' got hit hard because of the Japan earthquakes and whatnot. The dealers around here have them jacked 5k up above sticker.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:20 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by DJHACK
We have a Nautical Blue Metallic....The rest are A/T
MA is not too close to you though....
Neither is RI, LOL
Old 07-01-2011, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wait for it, it will be worth it. I waited over a month for mine. I only compromised on color. Wanted Mag. Grey, the Black was close enough.

Quick Reply: Can't find a 2011 tC 6sp manual ANYWHERE