Notices
Scion tC 2G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

CEL after HID Install (2016)

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 07:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default CEL after HID Install (2016)

2016 automatic tC 2800miles

Just installed a Morimoto hid kit from TRS and after the second time starting my car it threw a P0705 Code (transmission range sensor malfunction (PRNDL input). When I first tried to start my car after the install it just turned over and didn't start, the second time it started right up.
Then the next time it started it threw the code. The kit seemed to work fine when it was in but I removed the kit hoping the CEL would go away and it hasn't. Planning on calling the dealership tmrw.

Other symptoms:
-When I turn my headlights on the P, N, & D on the cluster/dash disappears but the R will still come on (park/drive/neutral/reverse).
-Turn my headlights off all the symbols show up again.
-Hard shifting from park to reverse.

Any input would be helpful..

Thanks

Do you think I will have any problem getting this warrantied? Only had the car 3 months or so..

___

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-10-2021 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Awarded 5 Yr Badge
Old 05-01-2016, 03:07 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

[QUOTE=tC_toph; Do you think I will have any problem getting this warrantied? Only had the car 3months or so..[/QUOTE]

Hi tC toph,

I'm sorry to hear about your problems. I don't have an answer for your CEL Code problems.
On the 2nd part concerning your Warranty, I am Enclosing the Scion New Warranty Statement below.
It is from Scion Canada because Scion USA does not post their Warranty info preferring to include it in your New Car Manual and or the Scion Owners Site.
It is essentially the Same.

Consult your local Dealer for further details.

Best of Luck

MR_LUV
Old 05-01-2016, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

No problem getting that warrantied. Don't mention installing anything, just show up and play dumb
Old 05-03-2016, 05:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AMS13
No problem getting that warrantied. Don't mention installing anything, just show up and play dumb
Took it to Toyota and they said it was a 'fluke'..

I also previously installed LED lights everywhere except the blinkers and removed all those prior to bringing it in to Toyota... When I got home I put all the LEDs back in thinking it was probably the HIDs causing it, and then the check engine came on again haha.. Took em all out and reset the battery and put them in one by one to watch which one causes the check engine and it's the reverse light..

I'm guessing I need resistors for the reverse lights?? Or is there a relay I can get??

Will try installing the HIDs tmrw..

Derp...

Edit: hmm I had also installed the led 4th brake light from ijdmtoy and am beginning to think maybe I wired it wrong and that's why the reverse lights are making the cel come on when I put the reverse LEDs in..

Last edited by tC_toph; 05-03-2016 at 07:15 AM.