Notices
Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

Electrode Pulse Plug: Placebo or legit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 03:08 PM

Default Electrode Pulse Plug: Placebo or legit?

PulstarŽ - Scion tC 2012 PlasmaCore Series Inconel Electrode Pulse Plug

Been buying stuff for my car lately and I stumbled across these while searching the web. I don't know a lot about modding yet and I was wondering if anyone knew if these things really work and reliably work? They boast a whopping 5,000,000 watts instead of the OEM output of 10 wattage, claiming better MPG, more proficient engine combustion, torque and HP gains, better acceleration, blah blah blah.

Main question is if these things do what they say while doing no damage to my engine? Cause if my logic is sound I would assume the current computer/battery setup is programmed to support the OEM 10 watt output and I'm curious if I replace my current plugs would I run into issues? ORRR are these just pieces of ____ that aren't worth anyones time? thank you

If I've thought too much about a simple mod or said anything incorrect excuse me haha really new to all this stuff.

Last edited by TyGuy; 06-08-2015 at 02:42 AM.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:32 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TyGuy
PulstarŽ - Scion tC 2012 PlasmaCore Series Inconel Electrode Pulse Plug

Been buying stuff for my car lately and I stumbled across these while searching the web. I don't know a lot about modding yet and I was wondering if anyone knew if these things really work and reliably work? They boast a whopping 5,000,000 watts instead of the OEM output of 10 wattage, claiming better MPG, more proficient engine combustion, torque and HP gains, better acceleration, blah blah blah.

Main question is if these things do what they say while doing no damage to my engine? Cause if my logic is sound I would assume the current computer/battery setup is programmed to support the OEM 10 watt output and I'm curious if I replace my current plugs would I run into issues? ORRR are these just pieces of ____ that aren't worth anyones time? thank you

If I've thought too much about a simple mod or said anything incorrect excuse me haha really new to all this stuff.

I'm pretty sure its a scam to get you to pay 5-10 times more than you would for standard spark plugs. I notice a little bit of a difference if I go with a better Irridium/platinum etc. plug but 100k x better seems a little extreme. I would pass
Old 06-08-2015, 03:38 AM

Default Spark Plugs

Okay thanks for the input!! I have better things to buy haha