Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-owners-lounge-1824/)
-   -   FreedomPenguin's 13' tC, 8 year update. (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-owners-lounge-1824/freedompenguins-13-tc-8-year-update-217290/)

FreedomPenguin 08-23-2012 06:59 AM

FreedomPenguin's 13' tC, 8 year update.

Mods
-HID Low beam 6000K
-HID Fog lights 6000K
-TRD Sway bars
-TRD Quickshifter
-Illuminated door sills
-Illuminated foot wells
-Fog lights
-BeSpoke radio
-50% tint all way around
-Venture Shield Clear Bra
-S2000 Shorty Antenna
-Heated seats
-TRD Wheel locks
-Full Compustar Pro 2w901 alarm system and remote start.
-OEM Audio +
-Clazzios seats
-Sound deadened entire car
-Vinyl wrapped front bumper
-Vinyl wrapped Bach bumper
-Powdercoated wheels gloss black
-Painted Spoiler gloss black

To be done
-2014 illuminated Scion emblems, I am hoping to install them.
-2014 illuminated Shifter.

Repairs performed all by dealership.
7 year/100,000 warranty.

-1k miles Complete clutch/flywheel/everything replaced from faulty from factory.
-1k miles Sway bars were replaced for not having enough grease, etc caused damage and they were completely replaced. They would squeak/horrible noise on any bump or hill that caused flexing.
-4k miles Replaced my rear latch in hatchback from the coating rubbing off from friction and caused a horrible noise/rattle.

150k mike update, still driving like a champ.

Edit. 165k 8 year update posted on bottom.

____

talt2008 08-23-2012 01:23 PM

The background of your pics is absolutely awesome!

Kyleptrsn1 08-31-2012 09:03 PM

That was fast. lol

ronald2 09-12-2012 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin (Post 4054466)
Update, I mentioned reverse chatter I've had. Today Toyota looked at it, they are replacing clutch, flywheel, pressure plates, throw out bearing etc everything.

Next week (: free. Stoked. I'm really glad I bought a warranty now.. 7 years 100k miles is a long time.

Can you please explain further what you mean by reverse chatter? The reason I ask is because I think I might have it in my car as well. When I am in reverse and I release the clutch out, my car shakes violently. Though I am unsure if it is because I am not giving it enough gas or not. Could you please clarify what your problem was, I tried searching the forum but couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance

Kyleptrsn1 10-01-2012 10:14 PM

Hey that happened to me too. Insurance paid for everything

Newman 12-25-2012 06:05 AM

Looking nice! But what is with this chatter you're talking about here? a sound it makes or are you referring just to the vibration? My car sounds like any other manual car in reverse. it has that whine. The problem is something more than just the whine right?

FreedomPenguin 12-25-2012 06:36 AM

Mine would shutter, rumble, vibrate. Dealership replaced entire clutch and manual assembly warranties. Drives great now. ^.^

TheDivineComedy 12-25-2012 09:36 AM

What heated seats (kit?) did you get. I would really like that some day.

FreedomPenguin 12-25-2012 08:46 PM

I actually had them done at a shop for 400 because they had the hottest seat Warmers I've ever felt. Carbon fiber is all I know. Full bottom and entire back of chair is heated as opposed to the small partial kits I saw online that heat only a little of each. Sorry I don't know.

Carbon fiber is the way to go though.

StatuSCheckA 12-28-2012 02:41 PM

Killer F'n Fog Lights!!

StatuSCheckA 12-28-2012 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin (Post 4077763)
Mine would shutter, rumble, vibrate. Dealership replaced entire clutch and manual assembly warranties. Drives great now. ^.^

I wish I could hear an example. Its hard to imagine what would be so bad that the dealer was willing to replace all that stuff without hassling you.
I have a loudish whine, but I think thats normal. I dont have a crazy vibration or anything. I dont want the dealer taking my car apart anyway.

Newman 12-29-2012 01:47 AM

maybe its because we aren't releasing the clutch all the way? I haven't had to do that for most of the times i go in reverse. if you release it all the way in reverse, I'd imagine you would have to be giving it quite a bit of gas to avoid stalling or other issues. Just a guess on my part though because I don't feel like trying that.

FreedomPenguin 04-02-2013 11:01 PM

I had another issue with car, the rear latch was making/creaking/every flex of car. Took it back, the latch (actual metal assembally inside the car) rubbed off its coating in only 4k miles. They replaced it all and put a order in or something to be reviewed for all cars. Foreman said its by bad design and if they dont fix the issue through a world order or whatever it was called that the dealership would take care of it as long as i owned the car.

My passenger clazzio in the upper portion of seat you can see the threading pulling apart at the seam spot. ): man, im upset, means i'll have to pull it off and have it restiched. but its nothing major, still its kind of annoyinig
So yeah, anyone else noticed it? Will post pics of the stitching later

tribestros 04-02-2013 11:26 PM

Like it. A lot.

FreedomPenguin 05-14-2013 09:49 PM

Update- This last tank weather has been in 40s-50s and the odometer is saying 26-27mpg and im at like 220 @ 3/4 of tank.

When I'd already be on empty. I'm quite happy if this turns out to be true when I have to refill.

____

FreedomPenguin 12-15-2013 12:33 AM

My car just hit 14k still running well, about to drive from Alaska to Ohio, but taking a ferry part of the way.

Sucks it decided to snow heavily a few days before I venture on my drive... This was just in last 24 hours.

____

Newman 12-15-2013 03:24 AM

looking nice! i recently hit 14K too. there is a snowstorm going on in my area right now. car plows through just fine. had a rough time up my driveway, it's up a small hill. traction control got me up there though.

FreedomPenguin 12-15-2013 05:42 AM

3 Attachment(s)
lol another from an hour ago
Attachment 15714Attachment 15715Attachment 15716

Newman 12-15-2013 03:23 PM

keep plowin them streets :lol:

KILLER 12-15-2013 04:26 PM

Wow that is wild! We will never have that in Miami.