Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

GETTING MY 2011 TC!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 05:30 AM
5 Year Member

Default GETTING MY 2011 TC!

Hey everyone one,
Went over to my dealership today in Toronto and put my deposit down for my black 2011 Scion tC. I have been waiting for Scion to come to Canada for almost 6 years and now am going to be one of the first with this new car. Just thought I would share my good news with all of you! Taking delivery at the end of September!
Old 09-01-2010, 06:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

congrats! were you the first one to order one in toronto or in all of canada?
Old 09-01-2010, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dope. post pics when you get it. im still kinda iffy bout the 2nd gen tCs. but ive never seen them in person.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

congrads...waiting to see pics when the time arrives
Old 09-18-2010, 09:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

17 days later...
Old 09-21-2010, 12:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CleanFMtC
congrats! were you the first one to order one in toronto or in all of canada?
I don't think there is anyway to find this out. I ordered mine in middle of June, but there were probably some before me as well.

To the OP, what dealer did you purchase from? What transmission and options did you pick?
Old 09-22-2010, 04:12 AM

i wish they would sell the 2011 tc five axis concept
Old 09-22-2010, 12:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by spyd_r
i wish they would sell the 2011 tc five axis concept
Its a concept car, nothing more. I think a lot of people get confused with concept cars really. They are to showcase concepts, not vehicles themselves. You'll never see the actual car produced in that same manner, but you very likely could see design cues from it transferred to the car in some way, shape or form. Things like the colour, grill, wheel style, some body skulpt, etc could very well influence later production.

Look back at past concept vehicles from any brand and then look at vehicles produced about 3-4 years later. You'll often spot things from the concept designs in those production vehicles. Sure, it's not turbo, a million hp, and flies, but it probably has a similar front bumper.

I like the concept of the Axis, not the Axis concept. I know it's unattainable, so I wont get my hopes up. But the real tC I can own, so I like knowing where it's potentially headed.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Please tell us your first thoughts and impressions?
Old 10-02-2010, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Wow - you guys ordered them without even sitting in or driving one. I like the car, and just couldn't do that until I checked-it-out closely. Pics and info on the cars you got appreciated.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rexgo
Wow - you guys ordered them without even sitting in or driving one. I like the car, and just couldn't do that until I checked-it-out closely. Pics and info on the cars you got appreciated.
I never once stated I hadn't driven it or sat in it before ordering one...that's just an assumption your making. The OP however I can't speak for.

I have no pics right now that I care to post, but I'm headed to autox with it tomorrow morning, so I should have some photos of it shortly after.

I bought a white, manual model, with the Pioneer base audio and cloth seats. I have an Alpine INA-W900 navi going in it when I can figure out the bracketing to get an aftermarket deck installed cleanly. Had it in today and it works great, just sticks out too much for my liking.

So far though, I have just under 300kms on the clock and I love it. Sure, it has its quirks, but what car doesn't these days? Its a smooth, enjoyable drive with a kick of thrill every so often as you sink your foot further into the floor. Its handling is about average for a stock small coupe and while I wouldn't call it stellar at this time, the opportunity to tweak it with some TRD goodies is not far away and should wake it up quite a bit.

Seats are great for a budget car and probably one of the most enjoyable features of the car, despite the functionality of the trunk that is. The dash is clean, simple and creates a relaxed tone to the interior whilst still appearing very raw. The steering is smooth, but lacks speed sensitivity which I wish it had for greater precision.

The engine is very stout and creates the impression your driving a little diesel rather than a gas car. It has lots of grunt and really starts to shine around 2500rpm where it starts to show it has some extra hp. The 6spd is snappy and geared really well. Still a little rev happy in the final gears though.

Audio wise, all I must say is that if you are planning to upgrade in the aftermarket, get the base audio. If your not, get the Premium radio. Not enough functionality out of the Pioneer that the Alpine actually gives you. Sound is about on par for any of the mid $20k's cars but that is all held back from the deck, not the speakers. The speakers, if given the chance, can be very smooth and crisp up into the higher ranges. I'm planning to get a JL 300/4 on mine soon as soon as I get the time to move the amp from the floor of my room to the trunk of the car!

So, that's my take on it. Anyone else, feel free to put some input in. I'll have "track" memos to leave after I put it through the paces tomorrow.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 745L
The 6spd is snappy and geared really well. Still a little rev happy in the final gears though.
What rpms is it turning at 60mph?
Old 10-03-2010, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

2300rpm?? I don't know exactly. Its 3000rpm at 130km/h roughly.

EDIT

Correction, it's 3000rpm at 120km/h.

Last edited by 1stOne; 10-04-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool, Thanks. That's not bad at all.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yo i test drove an auto trans the other night at a release party here in texas and ordered mine today... nice car.. i drive a 2007 tc now i like it better than mine.. jw the '11 is front wheel drive right? and idk i wanna get the dealer super charger kit is it worth it i was told i should not get the s.c kit and get a custom after market boost kit...
Old 10-04-2010, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is no dealer super charger kit for the 2011. Adding to that, there is no FI kit period yet.

And yes, it's FWD.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

well see i was ill informed that i do have that option to add a trd sc to it but its all good just needed to ask but yea in time once they do have the kit available i wouldnt mind grabbin one of those but ya thanks mann
Old 10-04-2010, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya, the dealer ill informed you. There is no kit available as of now. I would love a blower myself and would have happily optioned for it, but the new 2.5L and 6spd manual do not fit the original 2.4L engine.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Former Sponsor

congrats man...hope you're enjoying it. we were fortunate enough to have don valley Toyota send us one for a day to drive around and test. we will be working hard to bring in any aftermarket performance parts available for the 2011 TC.

optionJDM
Old 10-07-2010, 03:16 AM

Default 2011 TC White

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Originally Posted by 745L
Its a concept car, nothing more. I think a lot of people get confused with concept cars really. They are to showcase concepts, not vehicles themselves. You'll never see the actual car produced in that same manner, but you very likely could see design cues from it transferred to the car in some way, shape or form. Things like the colour, grill, wheel style, some body skulpt, etc could very well influence later production.

Look back at past concept vehicles from any brand and then look at vehicles produced about 3-4 years later. You'll often spot things from the concept designs in those production vehicles. Sure, it's not turbo, a million hp, and flies, but it probably has a similar front bumper.

I like the concept of the Axis, not the Axis concept. I know it's unattainable, so I wont get my hopes up. But the real tC I can own, so I like knowing where it's potentially headed.
got it last nite , I know someone will make some nice kit and modifications for this baby ( next project )
Attached Thumbnails GETTING MY 2011 TC!-img_3171.jpg  

Quick Reply: GETTING MY 2011 TC!