Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-owners-lounge-1824/)
-   -   headers and exhaust...what do u like (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-owners-lounge-1824/headers-exhaust-what-do-u-like-219297/)

MnMs 11-17-2012 02:16 PM

headers and exhaust...what do u like

I decided I'm do basicly full bolt ons for my 2011tc. I already decided I'm doing injen short ram intake. What u guys think a good header exhaust combo or what a good exhaust a good header u guys like? It possible please post bids. Amy other suggestions I would appreciate. I'm just going for a simple light modded daily that ill have till I get a weekend car

talt2008 11-17-2012 08:44 PM

I have a descendant cat back and I love it. Rumor has it that it will be difficult to get descendant until the first of the year so i would try trd sparks if your interested. I will eventually get a dezod catted header to pair up with my exhaust. I'd go with the catted header because if you plan on doing a cat back exhaust it will remove your cat under the car leaving the precat on your stock manifold. Also the dezod won't have the rasp weapon r will give with and aftermarket exhaust

darwintheory 11-19-2012 09:47 AM

Depends on what you want ... For headers there's only really two choices weapon r which is cheap & works great with a ricey rasp ... & dezod which is more expensive bc its catted & It's quieter both give you 3-9 hp ... For exhaust there's too many to name but I've heard decendent is pretty good especially if you have a turbo planned for the future .... I myself enjoy a stock looking exhaust so I got the extremely over priced trd & intend on straight piping it when I go turbo to keep the stock look ... Hope this helps

ProjectTC2 11-19-2012 02:44 PM

Just to be clear so the OP is not misled..

The dezod header does not give you 3-9 more HP than the Weapon R. It maybe gives you 1-2 more which you would not be able to tell on the road.

If you plan on turboing in the future, the descendant catback exhaust is not especially better than others. If you plan on boosting in the future, then plan on getting a turbo back exhaust or going custom.

Quick word of advice.. do NOT look at gains in HP for these 2 mods when you are comparing them. The Toyota stock ECU will eventually dial back your gains. Also, the 1-2 claimed increases in HP by these companies is not necessarily backed with great information. Different cars will show different results, as well as different Dyno's will show different results.

When it comes to headers and exhaust, all that matters is aesthetics and sound. Pick someone that you like how it looks and how it sounds, and you've found your mods.

ashtc2 11-19-2012 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by MnMs (Post 4070479)
I decided I'm do basicly full bolt ons for my 2011tc. I already decided I'm doing injen short ram intake. What u guys think a good header exhaust combo or what a good exhaust a good header u guys like? It possible please post bids. Amy other suggestions I would appreciate. I'm just going for a simple light modded daily that ill have till I get a weekend car

If you want to know what injen shortram + descendant exhaust sounds like you can check out my car. I'll be local to montgomery county for thanksgiving break.

o TaGGeD o 11-19-2012 09:47 PM

I'm loving my Megan racing catback exhaust system with weapon-r race header sounds great only raspy at 3k+ just cruising its got the real deep subie sound it's great and the rasp could be eliminated simply with an s-pipe with built in resonator

Rbizzle81 11-20-2012 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by thealexhernandez (Post 4070884)
If you want to know what injen shortram + descendant exhaust sounds like you can check out my car. I'll be local to montgomery county for thanksgiving break.

How does it sound in your cabin?

pyroman131 11-20-2012 02:51 AM

REDACTED

darwintheory 11-20-2012 03:13 AM

And as for what it sounds like in the cabin ... Basically with any intake other then stock all your going to hear is a louder suction noise especially if its a sri ... And for headers your just going to hear some more rumble kinda like a boxer engine ... & exhaust if its loud in your car its 10x louder outside so be careful or youll sound just like every other Honda fart can out there with a lil less rice & a lil more umph ... My trd exhaust is quite compared to some aftermarket ones but let me tell you I can wake the neighbors up if I wanted to lol

pyroman131 11-20-2012 03:29 AM

REDACTED

darwintheory 11-20-2012 03:34 AM

There are literally tons & tons of clips of intakes & header+exhaust setups on YouTube good hunting ... & if I had been smarter when buying my car I would have opted out of the trd exhaust & would have gone with the greddy one myself ... It's kinda pricey but I love the burnt tip

o TaGGeD o 11-20-2012 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by darwintheory (Post 4070959)
There are literally tons & tons of clips of intakes & header+exhaust setups on YouTube good hunting ... & if I had been smarter when buying my car I would have opted out of the trd exhaust & would have gone with the greddy one myself ... It's kinda pricey but I love the burnt tip

Loving the burnt tip on my Megan!

darwintheory 11-20-2012 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by MnMs (Post 4070479)

If you want to do full bolt ons they you would need (recommend) along with headers intake and exhaust a light weight pulley would help ... But even all this at best you will prob only see 170-180 whp bc Idk if you know this but bolt ons don't add hp they free up lost hp on restricted cars ... That's why you will see 10-30 + hp on a z06 & only 1-9 on a Honda with the same intake our cars just aren't as choked up as other cars & react sluggishly to bolt ons .... & you want a quick daily I'd recommend along with your bolt ons to get a motor mount as well to help transfer more power to the ground & better tires ... That's pretty much it for n/a cars a tune might help mildly ...

darwintheory 11-20-2012 10:13 AM

Short ____er for manuals is also recommended but all in all I'd just pick what you like & what looks good bc in the end you'll prob see near identical results with any bolt on from any brand ... Turbo is really the only way to actually add hp ... Nos is also an option
Also another plus for manuals is a light weight flywheel comboed with some good light weight wheels would do miracles for your car ... Reducing rotational weight off your car is way better then any bolt on you can buy ...

darwintheory 11-20-2012 10:14 AM

I don't know why it block short shif. ter ^^^ lol

Other that what I have mentioned (correct me if I'm wrong ) theres really not much else to do to a daily n/a other then camming or adding a Stroker kit which both are kinda pointless if its not turboed ... Just some advice 2k-3k for bolt ons prob give you 5-25 hp ... 4k-5k for turbo prob 100-150 hp ... But to each there own way lol good luck

o TaGGeD o 11-20-2012 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by darwintheory (Post 4071015)
I don't know why it block short shif. ter ^^^ lol

Other that what I have mentioned (correct me if I'm wrong ) theres really not much else to do to a daily n/a other then camming or adding a Stroker kit which both are kinda pointless if its not turboed ... Just some advice 2k-3k for bolt ons prob give you 5-25 hp ... 4k-5k for turbo prob 100-150 hp ... But to each there own way lol good luck

Could always prep for possible turbo build with clutch flywheel pulleys like you said and an exhaust system just never buy anything that you won't need lol

darwintheory 11-22-2012 06:50 PM

True ^^^ also I've heard weapon r headers discolor over time so I'd powder coat them if your planning on having them for a while

o TaGGeD o 11-22-2012 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by darwintheory (Post 4071453)
True ^^^ also I've heard weapon r headers discolor over time so I'd powder coat them if your planning on having them for a while

Will be buying turbo components startin next week

darwintheory 11-22-2012 07:30 PM

Sweet ... You have a build tread I can follow ?

ashtc2 11-22-2012 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Rbizzle81 (Post 4070943)
How does it sound in your cabin?

I can hear myself taking off everytime. Whenever theres someone in the back seat, they can't hear the people in the front talk.