Notices
Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

Immobilized...

Old 03-10-2015, 06:09 PM

Default Immobilized...

So, I just bought a tC2. Got it from an auction that bought it from a tow company. Long story to short: I have the chipped key, that supposedly came with the car, the car cranks, but no fuel and no spark, security light blinks the code that the immobilizer has no reading(I forget the code number).... After some digging around a found that the fuse box(under the steering wheel) was fried(cracked it open and some of it is black and some relays are burned).

The question is: can the bad fuse box/body control module cause a blocked signal to the immobilier yet still crank the car? Or do I have to separate expensive issues?? Any help is appreciated. I am aware that something obviously caused the fuse box to go... That I can figure out...

First post btw.
Old 03-23-2015, 08:49 PM

Default more info

Replaced Fuse Box(used) and Immobilizer(used). Have Mvci cable and techstream. I can connect to the vehicle and run a health check but cannot get to the immobilizer function or program any keys...

Also tried the paperclip trick from the 1st gen tC with no luck.

Guys, I need help.

What options should I have when running techstream? I need to find out what is programmable and what isnt for the 2g tC....

Any help is appreciated... I'm pulling my hair out.

Search this Thread