Notices
Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

key programming

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 01:45 AM

Default key programming

does anyone know how to program 2011 scion tc key ?
Old 11-30-2011, 02:30 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Only the dealership can do it. If you ask about it during your next service, they probably won't charge you anything. It only takes like five minutes. I have mine set so that hitting unlock once unlocks all doors.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:19 PM

i asked the dealer they wanted 221.00...i can do it on my own just need to find out how to program it..theirs always away.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's the price for a new key cut plus programming. If you bought your own key from wherever and want it cut and programmed then it should be way cheaper or free.

Reason is that they need to access the car's computer and program it.

But it should not cost that much. Try another dealership?
Old 12-07-2011, 10:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I havent tryed it because I dont need to, but in 2003 you could program all Toyota remotes by turning the key to the on position (dont go all the way to start) and back to off 3 times, and on the 3rd, leave it in "ON" then push unlock X3 and lock X3. The dealer I worked for also told people they had to "get in the computer" back then too, but it really is a VERY simple process that they make a killing on!

IIf you are cool with your salesman, just ask him how to do it. All the salesman usually know because the batteries die alot from not being used. Rather than taking every car back to the busy service department, they guys on the floor can do it in a few seconds.

Matter of fact, let me text my buddy (currently a Toyota/Scion salesmen) and I will get back to you.....
Old 12-07-2011, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, my buddy knows the Toyota set up, which is long and complicated, but it does not work on my car. He is finding a Scion tech now...

If anyone needs/wants the Toyota set up I have it, just let me know
Old 12-08-2011, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My buddy never could find anyone to tell him a specific method for the Scions. I was thinking, that maybe the set up dident work on my car because my remote is already set....

But now that I reread the OP post......are you asking about the remote, or the actual key for the engine immobizer? Lol at my self if you ment the key....
Old 12-10-2011, 10:20 PM

I'm trying to program both. i got new key made...
Old 04-11-2012, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Vimaalien
I'm trying to program both. i got new key made...
Hi there, did you ever get your key programmed?? I am in the same position trying to program my new key so that it would start the engine...
Old 08-03-2012, 12:49 AM

Default How to program key (like the dealer does)

from: http://reviews.ebay.com/ebaymotors/P...00000001247026

This worked for my 05 Scion tc, took me a few tries to read it correctly but defiantly works:

There are four different modes you can use to program remote door lock functions.

Confirmation mode allows you to check the number of transmitters recorded.
Add mode allows you to add a transmitter without disturbing existing transmitters.
Rewrite mode allows you to replace all existing transmitters with new ones.
Prohibition mode erases all transmitters and turns off the remote door lock function.

Confirmation mode. To check for the number of remotes programmed into the car:

Start with the key out of the car, driver's door open and unlocked.

1.Insert key in ignition and pull out
2. Within 5 seconds, insert the key in the ignition and pull out again.
3. Within 40 seconds, close and open the driver's door twice, then insert and remove the key from the ignition again.
4. Within 40 more seconds, close and open the driver's door twice, then insert the key in the ignition and close the driver's door.
5. Turn ignition switch from LOCK to ON to OFF three times, leaving the key on for one second and off for one second each time.
6. Remove the key from the ignition lock.

The doors will lock and unlock themselves at about 2 second intervals. The number of times that the doors lock is the number of remotes that are programmed into the car. If the car locks/unlocks 5 times, there are no codes registered.

Add mode. To add a remote without disturbing existing remotes:

3. Within 40 seconds, close and open the driver's door twice, then insert and remove the key from the ignition again.
4. Within 40 more seconds, close and open the driver's door twice, then insert the key in the ignition and close the driver's door.
5. Turn ignition switch from LOCK to ON to OFF, leaving the key on for one second and off for one second.

The doors will lock and unlock themselves once.

7. Within 40 seconds, press the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter at the same time and release.
8. Within 3 seconds, press either switch and release.

The doors will lock and unlock themselves once if the registration was successful. They will lock and unlock twice if the registration failed.

9. If you have other remotes to program, go back to step 7 within 40 seconds.
10. Insert the key in the ignition or open a door to complete registration.

Rewrite mode: To erase all remotes and add new ones:

5. Turn ignition switch from LOCK to ON to OFF twice, leaving the key on for one second and off for one second each time.

The doors will lock and unlock themselves twice, indicating that you are in rewrite mode.

7. Within 40 seconds, press the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter at the same time and release.

The doors will lock and unlock themselves once if the registration was successful. They will lock and unlock twice if the registration failed.

Prohibition mode: To erase all codes and disable wireless door lock function:

5. Turn ignition switch from LOCK to ON to OFF five times, leaving the key on for one second and off for one second each time.

The doors will lock and unlock themselves 5 times at about 1 second intervals
Old 08-03-2012, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MD0126
from: http://reviews.ebay.com/ebaymotors/P...00000001247026

This worked for my 05 Scion tc, took me a few tries to read it correctly but defiantly works:

There are four different modes you can use to program remote door lock functions.

Confirmation mode allows you to check the number of transmitters recorded.
Add mode allows you to add a transmitter without disturbing existing transmitters.
Rewrite mode allows you to replace all existing transmitters with new ones.
Prohibition mode erases all transmitters and turns off the remote door lock function.

Confirmation mode. To check for the number of remotes programmed into the car:

5. Turn ignition switch from LOCK to ON to OFF three times, leaving the key on for one second and off for one second each time.

The doors will lock and unlock themselves at about 2 second intervals. The number of times that the doors lock is the number of remotes that are programmed into the car. If the car locks/unlocks 5 times, there are no codes registered.

Add mode. To add a remote without disturbing existing remotes:

5. Turn ignition switch from LOCK to ON to OFF, leaving the key on for one second and off for one second.

The doors will lock and unlock themselves once.

Rewrite mode: To erase all remotes and add new ones:

5. Turn ignition switch from LOCK to ON to OFF twice, leaving the key on for one second and off for one second each time.

The doors will lock and unlock themselves twice, indicating that you are in rewrite mode.

Prohibition mode: To erase all codes and disable wireless door lock function:

5. Turn ignition switch from LOCK to ON to OFF five times, leaving the key on for one second and off for one second each time.

The doors will lock and unlock themselves 5 times at about 1 second intervals
This will not work, on nearly every newer toyota/scion. They must be hooked up to a computer and programmed that way.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:51 PM

this programed my control how to program the key it wont start.