Notices
Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

RS 7.0 High Voltage Thread... Post 'em up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 08:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by brianv3ntura
Wow a_mendoza... looks like ____. Too much going on. Way to ruin such a limited car.

The satin add-on and front LED headlights is just too much.
looks like burnt rice
Old 06-29-2012, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by a-mendoza
Wow you would be the first person to ever say anything bad about the car. Everywhere I go it turns heads. I can't even go to walmart without getting a compliment from someone and wanting a picture. Heck it even took first place at a few shows I went to. But hey not everyone has the same style in taste. I think the dis is completley unnecessary for all the hard work that has gone into it but i guess it's ur opinion.

Originally Posted by 1293RS7
really? i think this car is beautiful, a-mendoza has put alot of time into it, and it came out great you are the first that i have seen that dislikes the car and its style..........whatever i guess its only one person opwnion
It wouldn't be only one person's opinion once I post this on 8thcivic,newcelica and spyderchat. There's too much going on and things don't flow. Nice and simple is the way to go,not rice. IMO, to even pull off that hood,you need to go more aggressive overall. I.e. spacers for starters. Those stockies just dont look right when tucked. Otherwise,its just out of place.

You guys say there was a lot of work/time out into the car,I don't see a lot of work/time at all. Sure the car may get a lot of compliments,especially on here where there's a lot is kiss-___'s and and young people still living in the F&F days,but there's always going to people who will give criticism.

Those LEDs in the headlights have go to go. They only belong on luxury cars that already come with them.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member

Someone needs to look up the definition of rice.

IMO it doesn't flow either but that's my opinion and it's not my car. He did what he likes and thought looks good. I like a few of the mods and will be doing them to my car.

I really like the black hood and the added black paint to the body lines. Gives it a nice aggressive look. Especially with the led's in the headlights. I'll be doing the ones in the top of the headlight soon.

Sent from the abyss that is my mind
Old 06-29-2012, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by brianv3ntura
It wouldn't be only one person's opinion once I post this on 8thcivic,newcelica and spyderchat. There's too much going on and things don't flow. Nice and simple is the way to go,not rice. IMO, to even pull off that hood,you need to go more aggressive overall. I.e. spacers for starters. Those stockies just dont look right when tucked. Otherwise,its just out of place.

You guys say there was a lot of work/time out into the car,I don't see a lot of work/time at all. Sure the car may get a lot of compliments,especially on here where there's a lot is kiss-___'s and and young people still living in the F&F days,but there's always going to people who will give criticism.

Those LEDs in the headlights have go to go. They only belong on luxury cars that already come with them.
lol i second this argument. The whole point of the high voltage is for it to be yellow why would you go and "two tone" the car, and the hood is a really nice look hood but personally i just don't think any of the after market hood looks nice on the rs 7.0 just because now you have a random slab of black on your car and you end up wanting to evening it out and end up doing something like well painting random sections of your car black which by the way i sat there staring at it for awhile and i am more than sure it's just me but the lines are uneven. if you honestly wanted that hood on your car i probably would have painted everything but the vents back to the color of the car or at least wrapped it the same color and left the vents for accent. as far as the headlight's leds go i dont think they're a bad idea it's just a giant thin check mark looks awkward maybe you should errr cut off part of the top? oh and that whole walmart thing is really cute cause i ask to take pictures with rice rockets all the time just to post on facebook so my friends and i can have a good laugh. btw i'm pretty sure they're impressed with the fact that it's an RS not because blew a couple pay checks on a really sweet hood that you might as well have installed upside down and backwards because of the paint job. i would also really like to put emphasis on the "a" in that last bit because it's the only part worth noting because i could probably plasti-dip that paint job and probably make a better design too.

i would also like to retract that statement about burnt rice. after a closer examination i would like to declare a new level of mods: mexican food truck
Old 06-30-2012, 07:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dang all I'm seeing here right now is a couple of haters. That's cool though. I'm the one that drives it and I love it and yes the paint does flow with the lines. Maybe pay attention to a tC2 a little better and you'll see the lines the paint follows. Like I said I already know not everyone is gonna like it. I just thought I'd do something different over my 1st Gen tC that I kept simple but only cause its a track car and i didn't focus a lot on looks more of function on that one. Hey and I thought Scions was about being different so why would I want my car to look the same as any other simple car.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-21-2018 at 12:22 AM.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All that matters is that you like the car since it's your's and your money. This forum is starting to sound like HondaTech. Yes everyone is entitled to their opinions and there is no actual or factual requirements or guidelines to would create a category for rice. The term "Rice" has changed in opinion through the years. I've been involved in the scene since late '92 and back then any Japanese import that had any modifications to it was considered a rice burner. Or an Asian guy driving a modded import was automatically a ricer. The comment about the high voltage having to be yellow is pretty narrow minded especially when Scions were introduced to be modded in the first place. Whatever. Nice car AMendoza, I can respect the time, money, and effort put into it.

Last edited by jarvasdb1; 07-01-2012 at 11:49 AM. Reason: edit spelling
Old 08-10-2012, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 08-10-2012, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by a-mendoza
Some updated pics

I want your LED head lights haha
Old 09-03-2012, 03:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Zeus
Zeus seen maybe......
she looks nice and clean! love it

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-21-2018 at 12:24 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by jarvasdb1
All that matters is that you like the car since it's your's and your money. This forum is starting to sound like HondaTech. Yes everyone is entitled to their opinions and there is no actual or factual requirements or guidelines to would create a category for rice. The term "Rice" has changed in opinion through the years. I've been involved in the scene since late '92 and back then any Japanese import that had any modifications to it was considered a rice burner. Or an Asian guy driving a modded import was automatically a ricer. The comment about the high voltage having to be yellow is pretty narrow minded especially when Scions were introduced to be modded in the first place. Whatever. Nice car AMendoza, I can respect the time, money, and effort put into it.

Bro I come from the same era as you except I wasn't old enough to drive until 1997, I just had the same arguement as you against other haters on my thread https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...t=bumblebee+tc. My arguement is comment # 16.

And yes, the original ricers were majority 99.9% asian people. In the 90s we were the pioneers, it was more fun to do it without being clowned on and there was no "Fast and the Furious" that created wannabes who caused accidents and Law Enforcement in response, made stricter racing laws. I used to be able to go to the races in Milpitas and Oakland California without in fear of getting a misdemeanor just for being at a street race. Actually it was because of the asian Import underground scene, then Hot Import Nights, that probably created a desire for corporate America to capitalize on it and create Fast and The Furious with barely any asians in the movie.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member

Here's my Bumblebee themed RS 7.0, I bought it in California Feb 2012 for $24530 total ($21635 RS 7.0 tC Manual, $444 limited edition Spoiler, $2451 Taxes and document fees).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64261187@N02/8037508189/http://www.flickr.com/photos/64261187@N02/8037508189/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/64261187@N02/, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64261187@N02/8037508275/http://www.flickr.com/photos/64261187@N02/8037508275/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/64261187@N02/, on Flickr

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-21-2018 at 12:25 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wasn't able to drive until late '95. Legally at least. I was deeply involved in the bay area scene. Especially I'm originally from Milpitas but lived at the apartments off of the Ringwood track. What crews did you hang out with? You ever hear of WyldKardz? 2 Close friends and I were the original 3 that started the crew. I was the one that had the black ef si. We also hung out with SVP a lot. Still do actually. I just live in AZ now. So I'm a has been around here. It's nice to bump into someone from the same place, same era, and same feeling about Fast and Furious.

Sorry for going off topic. How do you RS7 guys feel about the RS8?
Old 10-02-2012, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by jarvasdb1
I wasn't able to drive until late '95. Legally at least. I was deeply involved in the bay area scene. Especially I'm originally from Milpitas but lived at the apartments off of the Ringwood track. What crews did you hang out with? You ever hear of WyldKardz? 2 Close friends and I were the original 3 that started the crew. I was the one that had the black ef si. We also hung out with SVP a lot. Still do actually. I just live in AZ now. So I'm a has been around here. It's nice to bump into someone from the same place, same era, and same feeling about Fast and Furious.

Sorry for going off topic. How do you RS7 guys feel about the RS8?

I was in Team Stunaz, featured in Hot Import Nights and Days around 2004, I hung out with Lethal Injection in Daly City who are still around. My friend that started Team Stunaz disbanded the group this year and currently rolls and works for DNR in Hayward, CA.

Anyways I like the RS8, I was jealous it came stock with TRD springs, the RS8.0 stamp on the wing, AND that Porsche style exhaust is awesome, the exhaust is what I was most jealous about. I like the lip kits on 7.0 and 8.0 Equally, but my push button and smart key from TRD has become a lifestyle for me and cannot live without it. I know its purchasable out of pocket but id rather not pay a separate $500.00 from Toyota and I don't like that $60 jerry rigged mod tC owners are doing.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-21-2018 at 12:27 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Awww man i miss the Bay Area. Yeah I've heard of Team Stunaz. But I left the Bay in 2003. DNR is the man and he knows his ish. I'm not sure how I feel about the exhaust. I really love the tone out of my Descendant system that's why. I honestly just want the front lip of either one. I don't know if I like the 2 tone spoiler though. But it's nice to have the differences and options. My super white tC2 is sporting the RS front grill. Would be nice to have the front lip to match.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member

Are you guys still active on Scion Life?

I've seen the quoted RS7 with NIA Eyelids at Sibling Rivalry last night. I would like to know where some of you guys got the black vinyl for the front lip. I want to get eye lids in the future too.
Zeus seen maybe......

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-21-2018 at 12:28 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by abctilly
Are you guys still active on scion life?
I've seen the quoted rs7 with Nia Eyelids at Sibling Rivalry last night. I would like to know where some of you guys got the black vinyl for the front lip. I want to get eye lids in the future too.
there are a few different ways to do the black lip, Plasti-dip, spray paint and like you said vinyl, I have seen the carbon fiber vinyl available at most auto parts stores. You can also get it off of ebay there are alot of sellers. I personally spray painted the lip

As for the eye lids TRD sparks sells them here

http://trdsparks.com/displaypartsinc...&parts_id=4433

or you can go straight to NIA for them
http://niaautodesign.com/
Old 11-04-2012, 07:04 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks! So many people just spray paint the lip? I want to get the same type of vinyl like on A-pillar if possible. And also, what's the color code for the rs7.0? on trd sparks it shows sun fire yellow, could of swore it was called high voltage yellow lol.

Originally Posted by 1293RS7
there are a few different ways to do the black lip, Plasti-dip, spray paint and like you said vinyl, I have seen the carbon fiber vinyl available at most auto parts stores. You can also get it off of ebay there are alot of sellers. I personally spray painted the lip

As for the eye lids TRD sparks sells them here

http://trdsparks.com/displaypartsinc...&parts_id=4433

or you can go straight to NIA for them
http://niaautodesign.com/
Old 11-04-2012, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by abctilly
Thanks! So many people just spray paint the lip? I want to get the same type of vinyl like on A-pillar if possible. And also, what's the color code for the rs7.0? on trd sparks it shows sun fire yellow, could of swore it was called high voltage yellow lol.
Alot of people just plasti-dip the lip as its removable if you dont want it later down the line. As for the same vinly on the pillars i would just look for a flat black vinyl, you should be able to find it. The color code for the rs7.0 is "5A3" and they call it Sun Fusion Yellow, its the same as you would find on the FJ cruiser
Old 01-29-2013, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

How have I not seen this thread yet?!?!

Well, here's mine -

Check out my build thread too! https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=220325
Old 01-31-2013, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why did it take you so long to find the Scion tC RS-7.0 High-Voltage Club..??
Probably because I'm a Facebook hater.

And to your other question, my guess is you're Jim?

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-21-2018 at 12:29 AM.

Quick Reply: RS 7.0 High Voltage Thread... Post 'em up!!!