Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

Toxic's 2013 RS 8.0

Old 02-25-2014, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by criminaltc View Post
Puking smoke or what?
No smoke, surprisingly.. But I've poured plenty of oil into it. Most of the time it was around half a quart every 2-400 miles. But at one point it sucked a whole quart down in only 30 miles. Yay. Of course, the oil level didn't drop at all on my 250+ mile journey to get the RS. Cars are dumb.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That exhaust placement still is odd to me, but definitely clean. Where in PA are you?
Old 02-25-2014, 02:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I live north of Scranton but go to school south-west of State College.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I go to school in State College, are you in Altoona?

And to add to the reliability, never knew Mazda's (even newer ones) were that bad.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by russiankid View Post
I go to school in State College, are you in Altoona?

And to add to the reliability, never knew Mazda's (even newer ones) were that bad.
I'm in Huntingdon. It's between State College and Altoona.

They aren't all that bad.. The 2.3s from the 2000s don't have many problems (although I recently heard from a used car dealership that Mazda took much metal out to make it lighter and it has a tendency to warp the engine. But the forum hasn't confirmed it and you don't hear about anything more than minor problems that are common in lots of cars). The 3.0 Duratecs (Ford's baby.. in the 2003-2005 6s) have issues with the precats. They get clogged and fail at about 100k. Gutting them will save the engine. They fixed the problem for 2006. But I think minor oil consumption is seen across the board. The problem with mine was that it was not minor. Someone severely neglected that engine.

Haven't heard too much about the SkyActiv, but I know their diesels did REALLY well this race season. Not to mention they're crazy sexy: Click.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn girl, you are quite the active member over there, dang! Almost 2,900 posts! That's sweet. Sweet ride too. And yeah, we just jack each other around all the time. Feel free to join in. And if you install that garbage, I'm getting the bank to repo your ride based of morals alone.
**AHEM** Dunno how to take that line??!! HAHAHA We CHAT back and forth all the time HAHAHA and was that a pick up?? LOLOL NO HOMO!!!

Haha. Oh I fail huh? I still think it's all a cover up. Fire alarm, do you here this? Can you believe all of this?
Yes I can... you been busted a couple times... im keeping tally HAHAHA

Originally Posted by YayITzToxic View Post
I think that's close to me Meet up!!!
Old 02-25-2014, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FIREDOG21 View Post
I think that's close to me Meet up!!!
Western NY? I'm about 3 hours from the NYS border where I'm at now. When I'm home, it's only 10 mins, but then I'm much more East.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

They aren't all that bad.. The 2.3s from the 2000s don't have many problems (although I recently heard from a used car dealership that Mazda took much metal out to make it lighter and it has a tendency to warp the engine. But the forum hasn't confirmed it and you don't hear about anything more than minor problems that are common in lots of cars). The 3.0 Duratecs (Ford's baby.. in the 2003-2005 6s) have issues with the precats. They get clogged and fail at about 100k. Gutting them will save the engine. They fixed the problem for 2006. But I think minor oil consumption is seen across the board. The problem with mine was that it was not minor. Someone severely neglected that engine.

Haven't heard too much about the SkyActiv, but I know their diesels did REALLY well this race season. Not to mention they're crazy sexy: Click.
What school is out that way?

And ok, good to know. Didn't think Mazda had such issues but I guess all manufacturers have their perks.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What school is out that way?
Juniata College.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:38 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Gotcha. I don't see much Scion action around here, there are a handful of new tC's rolling around State College but they're all bone stock. I think I am the only modified tC2.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I know Forest Fire! I keep failing... somethings going on here.

And of course that was a pick up line. I'm always trying something new with you!

And Russian.. you're slightly modded remember... not just modded...
Old 02-26-2014, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's how it's always been for the 6s with me. My friend lives in my dorm and he has a 6. It's mainly stock, but it's not that he doesn't care to mod it, it's that he's too busy building his racecar. I know there's a black on white tC downtown here.. only have seen it a couple times. And I KNOW that there are no tCs in my hometown, especially not with anyone my age. When I was in HS, my winter beater (2000 Dodge Neon with its paint literally falling off) was nicer than 75% of the other cars in the lot (plus some of the teacher's cars). My tC would've stuck out like a sore thumb (heck, even my 6 did.)

Maybe we'll have to get together for a cruise or something.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I know Forest Fire! I keep failing... somethings going on here.

And of course that was a pick up line. I'm always trying something new with you!

And Russian.. you're slightly modded remember... not just modded...
I can't give away all my mods, that is why I say slightly. No, I am only slightly
That's how it's always been for the 6s with me. My friend lives in my dorm and he has a 6. It's mainly stock, but it's not that he doesn't care to mod it, it's that he's too busy building his racecar. I know there's a black on white tC downtown here.. only have seen it a couple times. And I KNOW that there are no tCs in my hometown, especially not with anyone my age. When I was in HS, my winter beater (2000 Dodge Neon with its paint literally falling off) was nicer than 75% of the other cars in the lot (plus some of the teacher's cars). My tC would've stuck out like a sore thumb (heck, even my 6 did.)

Maybe we'll have to get together for a cruise or something.
Sounds like my high school where my green BMW stuck out like a sore thumb. As for a cruise, definitely. I am part of the car club here with school and once the weather begins to cooperate we have many cruises through the twisties.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds like my high school where my green BMW stuck out like a sore thumb. As for a cruise, definitely. I am part of the car club here with school and once the weather begins to cooperate we have many cruises through the twisties.
Oh cool! I'd love to come to one. I need to start a club here at my college.. We don't have one.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh cool! I'd love to come to one. I need to start a club here at my college.. We don't have one.
Awesome, when the weather is warm we have people driving out from Altoona sometimes.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Altoona is quite a drive from State College... But I drove 4 hours to go to a meet, so I guess I can't talk.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Altoona is quite a drive from State College... But I drove 4 hours to go to a meet, so I guess I can't talk.
It is only an hour drive or so. Either way, once it gets warm out send me a PM or something and I'll see whats going on with the meets/cruises.

P.S. Your tC a manual or auto?
Old 02-26-2014, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It is only an hour drive or so. Either way, once it gets warm out send me a PM or something and I'll see whats going on with the meets/cruises.

P.S. Your tC a manual or auto?
Manual. I refused to even go look at any autotragics.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Autotragics are right. Just junk.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Props, I hate automatics. When I first bought my tC the sales man showed me an auto, I said nope and walked away and he was confused because over the phone I told him manual.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Toxic's 2013 RS 8.0

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.