2011-____ [ANT20]

Turbo / Show Car Part Out Link - ProjectTC2 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default intake

How do you like your aem intake so far? Was considering getting it, just haven't heard any reviews yet. Car is lookin awesome btw
Old 12-19-2011, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea i've got the stock toyo's on my 18x9.5's, and the stretch looks nice but it's a bit too much for my taste. And i'm very pleased with my AEM intake so far. Compared to the Takeda it's significantly better in my opinion. In high RPM's it sounds rediculously good. And it makes a tiny whine when you shift. Sounds good
Old 12-19-2011, 03:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I love that whistle they make, had an aem intake on my 4runner. Def gonna grab one of these now, I was thinking of getting the weapon r short ram in titanium just for the color haha but I think going the performance route would be a better idea.

Originally Posted by ProjectTC2
Yea i've got the stock toyo's on my 18x9.5's, and the stretch looks nice but it's a bit too much for my taste. And i'm very pleased with my AEM intake so far. Compared to the Takeda it's significantly better in my opinion. In high RPM's it sounds rediculously good. And it makes a tiny whine when you shift. Sounds good
Old 12-19-2011, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Finally got my rims mounted! They had to stretch the heck out of my stock tires, but oh well, it looks good! Updates: Rims, tinted fogs, side markers, 3rd brake light, decals, ETI

Rims are dope!!!! How is the light output on the mirrors and fogs after tint? VHT?
Old 12-20-2011, 02:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The light output is slightly less from the fogs and the mirrors, but the tails are 100% the same. I got an extra coat on the fogs and the mirrors, so I think that extra coat just slightly crossed the light output line.

But I just painted my front emblem and wrapped the back plastic in Carbon Fiber vinyl! I origionally did the front emblem the same color as my engine gold, but it was slightly different from my rims so it clashed. So I decided to go with black!

I'll be painting my rear emblem hopefully later today or tomorrow!

Name:  IMG_2243.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  159.7 KB
Name:  IMG_2245.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  107.0 KB
Old 12-20-2011, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice combo....looks great!

The light output is slightly less from the fogs and the mirrors, but the tails are 100% the same. I got an extra coat on the fogs and the mirrors, so I think that extra coat just slightly crossed the light output line.

But I just painted my front emblem and wrapped the back plastic in Carbon Fiber vinyl! I origionally did the front emblem the same color as my engine gold, but it was slightly different from my rims so it clashed. So I decided to go with black!

I'll be painting my rear emblem hopefully later today or tomorrow!

Old 12-20-2011, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

quick question regarding the engine cover paint... did you just use standard paint and heat treat it like the link for the xb or did you actually use high heat paint and if you used regular paint how is it holding up since done
Old 12-21-2011, 03:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

can't believe the carbon fiber thing i did actually caught on lol not planning on painting the letters? lol it does catch some eyes :D

but i was wondering if you could follow up on your tail light tinting and if it was removable and for the most part how you even did it
Old 12-21-2011, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For my engine cover, I used high temp gold engine enamel. And it looks exactly the same as the day I painted it. I didn't heat treat it like that guide says, and also I didn't sand it because I didn't want to wear it down, I just used adhesion promoter first.

As for the tint, everyone keeps asking me about it think about the clear coat on your car. Basically all it is, is the same clear coat that covers your whole car, mixed with a tiny can of black colorant, it's like tint for paint. You can find little cans of it at hobby stores for model cars and stuff. All I did was mix the can of clear coat with a small amount of the colorant, and I sprayed thin layers until it was the shade I wanted. As for applying, you need a professional style paint gun that will hold jars of paint. If you don't have one, ask a body shop to do it for you, but make sure they know exactly what you want. If you take the lights off an hand them to them, they'll usually prep and paint them for like $40-$50 a set. (a set meaning tail lights, fog lights, side markers, etc.)
Old 12-21-2011, 04:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

any help would be great as soon as i get my new tc (since my 2011 was just totaled) im looking at redoing all my pieces a candy red and wanted to know if anyone has seen a high heat candy red or if painting it with just candy red and heat treating it like in the tutorial would work
Old 12-21-2011, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm pretty positive there's high heat candy red. Go to pepboys and look for candy red VHT engine enamel
Old 12-25-2011, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So just thought i'd update my thread! I ordered my GGP Motor Mount on the 22nd, but I have yet to recieve any information or a tracking number on that, so I have no idea what's happening with that! And thismorning I finally gave in and ordered my Seibon Carbon Fiber TS Hood! Will post pictures as soon as I get one of these installed!
Old 01-12-2012, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Finally got my Hood in yesterday! Was kind of annoying to install because of the Windshield Wiper Fluid Sprayer things, but it was worth it!

And one more of my rear, because I finally used a good camera

Old 01-12-2012, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^aaaaww snap lookin nice bro!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks good! I wish i could have my sun roof open in January. I'd be sitting in snow haha
Old 01-25-2012, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My Tsudo S2 Catback Exhaust is on the way! (Thanks to biglilsteve!) And so are my Torque Solutions Exhaust Hangers! Hopefully will be installing everything on monday night, so stay tuned for pics / video!

And Finally got a name for her! Cleopatra, sexy, egyptian = win
Old 01-25-2012, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Very nice I like that hood.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I could not figure out why I liked the rim/caliper color combo so much then I realized, It was the color scheme of my old car! Looks great...
Old 01-25-2012, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Backinblacktc2
Very nice I like that hood.
Thanks! Only problem is it's thinner than stock and has no insullation, so you can hear the annoying mechanical engine noise when the hoods closed. Hoping an exhaust and motor mount will fix this!

Originally Posted by fun173
I could not figure out why I liked the rim/caliper color combo so much then I realized, It was the color scheme of my old car! Looks great...
Haha yeaa I was actually considering changing them to black with gold TRD logo's on there. I think the gold and red and blue lights might be too many colors
Old 01-25-2012, 03:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha yeaa I was actually considering changing them to black with gold TRD logo's on there. I think the gold and red and blue lights might be too many colors

While I see what you mean, I am biased to red and gold so I love it regardless. The colors just pop.

Quick Reply: Turbo / Show Car Part Out Link - ProjectTC2 Build Thread