Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-owners-lounge-1824/)
-   -   What I hate about New tC! Any fix suggestions? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-owners-lounge-1824/what-i-hate-about-new-tc-any-fix-suggestions-194081/)

pharm 10-04-2010 05:01 AM

What I hate about New tC! Any fix suggestions?

I hate all the road noise.... Is there a fix?

Also is the security system worth it? what does it do?

draxcaliber 10-04-2010 05:15 AM

install more sound deadening and insulation for less road noise.

as for security system. all a security system is is a theft deterrant, it can't really stop anything. does it help, yes, somewhat, but the main thing is prevention, like not parking your car in the ghetto, and not leaving valuables in plain sight like ipods and portable GPS.

pharm 10-04-2010 06:08 AM

This is what the website says "Protect your ride. Install the VIP SCION SECURITY System with auto re-arm, door lock / re-lock, interior light activation and 'panic mode features' for total peace of mind."

Not sure auto re-arm, doorlock/relock are?

Does this mean if I don't get the security system I would not get the panic button? why are they saying 'panic mode features'?

jaylouie 10-04-2010 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by pharm (Post 3696903)
This is what the website says "Protect your ride. Install the VIP SCION SECURITY System with auto re-arm, door lock / re-lock, interior light activation and 'panic mode features' for total peace of mind."

Not sure auto re-arm, doorlock/relock are?

Does this mean if I don't get the security system I would not get the panic button? why are they saying 'panic mode features'?

all keyless entry systems have a panic button. so you will have a panic button regardless of the scion security

jnaval 10-04-2010 06:23 AM

Auto re-arm is when you unlock/disarm the car while it's locked/armed, it will re-lock/re-arm itself if no doors have been opened within 30 seconds. And if the alarm ends up going off, it will always re-arm itself for another instance where it may go off again. The door re-lock is when the alarm goes off, the doors will automatically keep locking themselves. You can test it by sitting in your car, setting the alarm and manually opening the lock. You'll see it'll keep locking itself while the alarm is going off.

1stOne 10-04-2010 12:08 PM

It does have road noise, I will agree. But yes, sound deadening would help that out.

The security system also has a Glass Break feature where if someone breaks the glass, it will set the alarm off. Honestly it is worth it if you consider you get less features with an aftermarket system and when installed, will cost you the same amount.

Personally, other than the road noise (which I plan to increase with an exhaust), the car is very enjoyable to drive.

Jon 10-04-2010 12:16 PM

Ride in a first gen then see if you want to complain about road noise lol. That was one of the only things I liked about the car was that it was a whole lot quieter.

pharm 10-04-2010 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by pharm (Post 3696903)

What is this "panic mode features"?

and why doesn't the website mention the glass breaking sensor?

1stOne 10-04-2010 01:31 PM

What website? Where are you from?

pharm 10-04-2010 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by 745L (Post 3697001)
What website? Where are you from?

oh sorry, Scion.com

DriverXa 10-04-2010 03:40 PM

Just turn up the stereo, problem solved. lol.

What kind of tires did they stick you with? Those will play a role in the road noise if you got stuck with some crummy rubber.

greenbean24 10-15-2010 06:41 PM

The new tc doesn't have that ridiculous hatch rattle either. Thank god lol

Vlad1024 10-18-2010 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by greenbean24 (Post 3705241)
The new tc doesn't have that ridiculous hatch rattle either. Thank god lol

yet...

On a side note, when i bought my tc from the first round of '08s and got the alarm they did the lazy thing used last years harness which disabled the steering wheel controls. Took them three or four tries (and several scratched and replaced panels) to figure out what was wrong. Bottom line, dealers are bad at installing accessories and even worse at fixing the problems they cause.

JJGeneral1 10-25-2010 12:06 PM

1 fix suggestion, why only 1 back-up light?

highvoltage1 10-25-2010 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by JJGeneral1 (Post 3711023)
1 fix suggestion, why only 1 back-up light?

Dont you know. 1 is always better than 2! :lol:

JJGeneral1 10-26-2010 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by highvoltage1 (Post 3711079)
Dont you know. 1 is always better than 2! :lol:

no, but i know that 1 is the loneliest number....

and i also heard that the bird is the word!!!

highvoltage1 10-26-2010 04:45 PM

LOL

oneshotted 10-26-2010 11:22 PM

I got the manual 6 speed version,
tires are Yokohama Avid S34, the road noise is not so bad,
try a civic si, you will enjoy the noise level in your tC after that...

The only complaint i got for now is a vibration in the passenger door when you increase volume...may be subject to rattles in the future.

oneshotted 10-27-2010 11:37 PM

I discovered that when you Disable TRAC (Traction control),
it will re-enable itself at 30mph...

Is there any way to prevent this? A fuse where i could put a switch? any idea?

Superpickel 10-28-2010 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by oneshotted (Post 3713163)
I discovered that when you Disable TRAC (Traction control),
it will re-enable itself at 30mph...

Is there any way to prevent this? A fuse where i could put a switch? any idea?

Come to a complete stop then press and hold the TRAC button. This will disengage it until the car is turned off and then on again.