Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

1-1.5" lowering springs need alignment ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 12:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 1-1.5" lowering springs need alignment ?

Just like the title says. I know it would probably be a good idea, but if I go with a minimal lowering spring like the trd springs or these http://www.fastscions.com/eibach-pro-kit-lowering-springs-scion-tc-2011-2012-2013-tc2.aspx would i need to get an alignment after. Figured it's probably a good idea, but since it's very minimal (I live in Canada need to be snow safe) I thought I'd check here in case it's totally unnecessary. It's brand new (300km) so doing an alignment if it's not needed would be totally pointless.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Doesn't cost much to get it checked, some placed even have promo's now and then(usually just after winter). Better safe than sorry, though I don't see a 1inch drop making that much of a difference.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What he said. Definitely get it checked. Its not just the drop that can change thing but taking the parts off and putting them back on slightly different.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do It. Mine is really out of spec. After lowering it. The car slowly shifts to the right as I let go of the wheel.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Should it be checked right away tho or do the springs need time to settle ? I guess optimal situation would be to get it checked then run it for a few weeks then check it again. I drive like 150km/day tho. Don't want to ruin my tires that's for sure. 1 round trip to work with a bad alignment could cost me 4 tires.

I already knew the answer I'm just lazy lol.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:00 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You think I would need the camber kit for a simple 1" lower ? I'd think the trd kit would mention something about an extra part for camber if it was necessary since it's made by toyota ?
Old 04-03-2014, 01:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are you guys all fvcking high? I go away for 12 hours and none of you can tell this guy what to do?

My god Hooded. Here's a lesson for you forever with any car. If you even unbolt the top mounts on a strut and bolt that one right back up, you are going to need an alignment. If you change a strut to the same strut, just newer or something, you need an alignment. If you decide for whatever reason to get a lift kit, you'll need an alignment. Lastly, yep, you got it, if you decide to lower your car even the slightest, you will need an aligment.

Now, as far as timeline, you need to give it 5-7 days with some decent in town driving on it. I'd make sure I put at least 50 miles on it. Then get it aligned. Any time you deal with suspension, it will come back and retract and sit and settle and shimmy different than it did before. Especially when going lower on springs when you're just trying to go straight down.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya I figured. Was just being lazy lol. You think I'll need the camber bolts for front end tho ? Or will stock have enough adjustment for camber with a 1-1.5" drop ?
Old 04-03-2014, 01:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by criminaltc
Are you guys all fvcking high? I go away for 12 hours and none of you can tell this guy what to do?

My god Hooded. Here's a lesson for you forever with any car. If you even unbolt the top mounts on a strut and bolt that one right back up, you are going to need an alignment. If you change a strut to the same strut, just newer or something, you need an alignment. If you decide for whatever reason to get a lift kit, you'll need an alignment. Lastly, yep, you got it, if you decide to lower your car even the slightest, you will need an aligment.

Now, as far as timeline, you need to give it 5-7 days with some decent in town driving on it. I'd make sure I put at least 50 miles on it. Then get it aligned. Any time you deal with suspension, it will come back and retract and sit and settle and shimmy different than it did before. Especially when going lower on springs when you're just trying to go straight down.
So... basically what everyone else already said. Yeah, we must all be super high.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You're all saying to "get it checked", and "maybe", and "who knows", and "well mine did this", or "I did this". Come on dude. Not one of you gave him a direct answer. Not one. Even you just said, "What he said." I mean come on... Tell the dude what does need to be done, not what you think needs to be done.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:53 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm with criminal on this one.

right when I saw the title I was going to simply reply "Yes" but had to go through all the iffy comments before. smh
Old 04-03-2014, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

No.
No what ? No I won't need the bolts or no the stock front end won't have enough camber adjustment ?
Old 04-03-2014, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was laughing at the fact that you thought you could possibly need camber with such mild drop, if you even want to call it a "drop"...

No. You do not need camber bolts whatsoever.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Criminaltc...I have a few words for you...
Old 04-03-2014, 06:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You Either Die a Hero, or You Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become the Villain.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

He had a perfectly fine question in his original post. So I answered it, while flaming the clowns that were subscribed (There is no reason with that part to have anyone tell me I'm a villain). Then he asked about camber, which means he must have done some searching at least because he knew it was somewhat needed if he went low enough, but the reason I laughed was because he didn't know enough that an inch would possibly need camber adjustment. So I answered that as well (Again, no need to call me a villain). Then you call me a villain. I am hero. I saved this pathetic thread from the hell in which it was headed. So you don't make any sense once again.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

He had a perfectly fine question in his original post. So I answered it, while flaming the clowns that were subscribed (There is no reason with that part to have anyone tell me I'm a villain). Then he asked about camber, which means he must have done some searching at least because he knew it was somewhat needed if he went low enough, but the reason I laughed was because he didn't know enough that an inch would possibly need camber adjustment. So I answered that as well (Again, no need to call me a villain). Then you call me a villain. I am hero. I saved this pathetic thread from the hell in which it was headed. So you don't make any sense once again.
PREACH BROTHA!!!

Hahaha... I will say after my Tein's... I need camber adjusted... about 2.75" after she fully settled and im riding on the inside tread on all 4... time for new sneakers yet again...
Old 04-03-2014, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha. There you go Hoodedxboxplayer, see what happens when you neglect like Fireblanket.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha. There you go Hoodedxboxplayer, see what happens when you neglect like Fireblanket.
Thanks scooter...

Further note... I have no problem running in a straight line... but the rear has no camber adj. capability that i have seen, so more bananas to spend that I don't currently have LOL

And with this years winter??! Holy hell pot holes... gonna wait till they get somewhat filled in!! playing "dodge hole" round here...

Quick Reply: 1-1.5" lowering springs need alignment ?