Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

2016 Scion Tc Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 05:36 AM

Default 2016 Scion Tc Lowering Springs

So I almost purchased Godspeed coilovers for my tc2 but after realizing I would only need to save about $600 more to get the BC's I really want I decided to do exactly that and continue to save for them but went ahead and purchased these Ebay $65 springs to satisfy my inner bit of lowering needs for now lol. To knock out a couple comments I can already see coming.. No i do not plan to run these springs forever I see them in for maybe 4 months MAX. Yes i understand you get what you pay for but again I'm paying to run them short term and yes i know cutting springs is dumb/dangerous but hey i did it anyways. These springs advertise a 1.75" drop all around along with a higher spring rate and they have plenty of dead coils so i decided to chop one coil off all around before installing them. Now for the ride quality... Sh*t ill be damned if this wasn't the best $65 bucks i spent so far haha I was quite impressed that even after barely being cut compared to oem these springs are a bit stiffer and definitely don't have me bouncing all around at all like i expected. There is a improvement in cornering and handling, nothing to go boasting about and obviously nothing close to what a coilover set up will offer along with adjustment options but for the price point and the decent drop these springs gave I'm overall happy with the turnout for the time being. As for the drop after settling i noticed about a 2" drop all around which perfectly got rid of all my hideous wheel gap. Now i know they wont last long and will put wear on my stock struts over a long period of time but like i said they will be replaced within months and are doing the job for now. There are plenty of reputable lowering spring brands on the market that have been proven to last and provide a quality ride and for anyone I recommend going for what suits your needs and budget but as for me this quick and cheap spring set up is perfect for the short time being until I order a full coilover setup. I'm going to attach a before (gold wheels) and after (current silver wheels) picture of my tc along with a picture of the actual springs i purchased. My current wheel specs are 18x9.75 w/ 265 35 Federal RSRR tires.
Attached Thumbnails 2016 Scion Tc Lowering Springs-img_0112.jpg   2016 Scion Tc Lowering Springs-img_0109.jpg   2016 Scion Tc Lowering Springs-img_0116.png