Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Anyone else getting Racelands for your tC2?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Anyone else getting Racelands for your tC2?

I pre-ordered my racelands on Jan. 6 but they arent going to start shipping till the second week of Feb.

I cant wait to get them and install them on my baby...

Anyone else order/ gonna order Racelands?
Old 01-14-2013, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KillerXtwo
I pre-ordered my racelands on Jan. 6 but they arent going to start shipping till the second week of Feb.

I cant wait to get them and install them on my baby...

Anyone else order/ gonna order Racelands?
I've been thinking about it what are they running?
Old 01-14-2013, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have heard RaceLands aren't that great
Old 01-14-2013, 09:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rsingh216
I have heard RaceLands aren't that great
I've heard for a daily they are great for a track car a no no
Old 01-14-2013, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by o TaGGeD o
I've been thinking about it what are they running?
about 400.00 shipped.

I ordered some
Old 01-14-2013, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

raeland coil sleeves are..., well has anyone ever owned a civic and put coil sleeves on them? well that's how these will be.. with the right set up of these coil sleeves and shocks (do we have aftermarket shocks for the tc2 yet? preferably a shock with shorter valve travel and stiffer.., a stiffness selector wouldn't hurt) these could be real contenders on the track, but with the stock shocks, they WILL be CRAP.. with very nice low..
Old 01-14-2013, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They're coilovers, not coil sleeves
Old 01-14-2013, 11:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProjectTC2
They're coilovers, not coil sleeves
ok, i may have jumped the gun about it being coil sleeves, but this is from the website;

The Scion tC2 coilovers are height-adjustable with CNC-machined locking perches, which allow you to easily adjust your ride height from 1 to 3 inches below that of the OEM suspension. This allows for a more aggressive stance and a lower center of gravity. In addition, you will experience an increase in the handling and performance of your vehicle while maintaining comfortable ride quality. Our Scion tC2 Coilovers have been designed and road tested to achieve a perfect balance of street comfort and increased performance to enhance the stability and grip of your vehicle.

sounds like a fancy coil sleeve system to me.

Last edited by unsungfate; 01-15-2013 at 12:14 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just want to make a few things clear so nobody is misled..

The Raceland TC2 Coilover Kit comes with an adjustable coilover sleeves and INCLUDES struts that are "perfectly matched to the included springs to achieve optimum damping abilities."

YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY SHOCKS WITH THIS KIT. THIS IS A FULL COILOVER KIT.

The difference between the Raceland kit and most other coilover kits available is that the Raceland kit does not have adjustable dampening.

Some people argue over the quality of Raceland's products. But a lot of people argue about the quality of alot of suspension products.

Here's the link to the coils: http://www.racelandus.com/coilovers/...coilovers.html

Here's a link to a picture Raceland's similar coils for the TC1: http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sel...n_coilover.jpg

Just to be clear... the price IS $369 (Plus shipping). You do NOT have to buy shocks (struts) in addition to the Raceland Coilover kit. The price is NOT $800..

But what do I know
Old 01-15-2013, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i still say that they look like they just slapped some coil sleeves on some shocks (if the shocks are matched to the spring rates, well.., damn), i'll believe how good they are when i see some proof. and by see some proof, i mean test some out. if they prove to be worthy, i'll tuck my tail between my legs and try and get some, but not until then.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Fellas please, no need for a debate here. IMO regardless of what people will say it will all boil down to one thing: personal opinion.

I pre ordered mine last week as well so I'll be among some of the few guys on here that will be rocking them. Come time around late Feb. you should start seeing reviews, pros/cons etc. on this product.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Meganracing coilovers less than $800. Independent adjustments and gets you very low. Racelands can't compare. My 2c
Old 01-15-2013, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

WOW i didnt mean to start a debate haha gezz, And i paid $423 with shipping. these are fine as i dont intend to track this car. it will be my daily driver and i have riden on racelands slammed to the max in my buddies Subie and it was fine. i didnt want to pay 800-1000 for a set of coils to just go low. Like i said im ot going for track status im going for a 2 in drop and didnt want springs in case i wanna go lower eventually.

The Racelands will ship the second week of Feb. to those that have pre-ordered them like winston and myself. I will post up a review and install once i get them in, i was just curious who else had pre-ordered them.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For simply cruising and being low, you can't beat raceland for the price.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, after a sleepless night of researching raceland and countless VW guys and some scion guys giving good reviews about raceland with bad reviews from only people who have not even thought about trying them out, i have come to the conclusion that it is worth a shot. seeing as i was in the market for some springs to lower my ride bc i just can't spend 1k+ on suspension at the current moment i decided to pre order this kit for my tc2.. i am not planning on using them for competition, except for the occasional spirited mountain pass, and figure how bad could they be over a spring and shock setup. supposedly, they have matched shocks with stiffer dampening, so i was convinced.. if for some reason i am not satisfied with them, seeing as i have plenty of experience with shock and spring combos, i will be returning them for a refund.., or even pass them along to a scionlifer.. with shipping, these things cost me 401 dollars and some change.

on another note, after reading many reviews, i found out that this company originally priced their kits around 250 dollars and in many cases, under 300 shipped! so, looks like they are beginning to get a hold of the market seeing as they are now priced at 369.. plus shipping.. i'll definitely review this kit with an initial review and i'll to stay on track with a review some months later. now i was skeptical at first, but after a night filled with researching, i felt good enough to just go for it and see what happens. i'm coming on 40k miles and will probably need to replace my shocks also, so this seemed like the best path to both get new shocks AND be able to lower my ride.. number one thing is the adjustability of the height, no company makes a spring set with the right front to back split that i am looking for.. everything lowers the back too much..anyways, can't wait until mid february.., hope this buy was well worth it since i was one click away from purchasing a twm SS and a new shift **** (which i still will get, just not this month)

wish me and all the other guinea pigs luck!
Old 01-19-2013, 06:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.racelandus.com/coilovers/...2%2BPre-Orders

These are just a typical coilover set. It about rivals what I had on my civic. Essentially lowering springs with height adjustments with a **** to adjust the shock dampening stiffness by only a tad. A good coilover set would not just have those 2 adjustments, but also shock adjustment. This will retain shock travel distance instead of applying pre-load to the spring when you compress it just to adjust height.

I suppose the raceland will be a good option for the budget minded, but I see it as a very long term investment to get what you really want. It's not like you go through coils frequently on a daily commuter. I had my coils for 9 years on my civic and they never leaked or had any issues. I never raced it.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:39 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I have sat in a first gen on racelands and I thought they rode fine, I will be getting a set for sure.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:05 AM

I will be purchasing a set as well. For the most part, they seem to be a quality product.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by unsungfate
well, after a sleepless night of researching raceland and countless VW guys and some scion guys giving good reviews about raceland with bad reviews from only people who have not even thought about trying them out, i have come to the conclusion that it is worth a shot. seeing as i was in the market for some springs to lower my ride bc i just can't spend 1k+ on suspension at the current moment i decided to pre order this kit for my tc2.. i am not planning on using them for competition, except for the occasional spirited mountain pass, and figure how bad could they be over a spring and shock setup. supposedly, they have matched shocks with stiffer dampening, so i was convinced.. if for some reason i am not satisfied with them, seeing as i have plenty of experience with shock and spring combos, i will be returning them for a refund.., or even pass them along to a scionlifer.. with shipping, these things cost me 401 dollars and some change.

on another note, after reading many reviews, i found out that this company originally priced their kits around 250 dollars and in many cases, under 300 shipped! so, looks like they are beginning to get a hold of the market seeing as they are now priced at 369.. plus shipping.. i'll definitely review this kit with an initial review and i'll to stay on track with a review some months later. now i was skeptical at first, but after a night filled with researching, i felt good enough to just go for it and see what happens. i'm coming on 40k miles and will probably need to replace my shocks also, so this seemed like the best path to both get new shocks AND be able to lower my ride.. number one thing is the adjustability of the height, no company makes a spring set with the right front to back split that i am looking for.. everything lowers the back too much..anyways, can't wait until mid february.., hope this buy was well worth it since i was one click away from purchasing a twm SS and a new shift **** (which i still will get, just not this month)

wish me and all the other guinea pigs luck!
I dont think you will be disappointed i have already ordered my set. ($423 shipped) and cant wait till they get here.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The more I think about these coils, the more I consider getting them

Quick Reply: Anyone else getting Racelands for your tC2?