Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-suspension-handling-1829/)
-   -   Scion tC Struts help (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-suspension-handling-1829/scion-tc-struts-help-218102/)

Frucewicz 09-25-2012 03:35 AM

Scion tC Struts help

I have a 2012 tC High Voltage with lowering springs not the TRD ones.. i have about 4k+ miles on it in NYC. In case you did not know the roads here are bad especially around constructions yards where my work place happens to be.
Lately the car even on highways on small changes in road height I can hear and feel the car hit the road.. the dealer put in a lowering springs and left stock struts..i am having a horrible time finding replacements ..please help

criminaltc 09-25-2012 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Frucewicz (Post 4058162)
i have a 2012 tc high voltage with lowering springs not the trd ones.. i have about 4k+ miles on it in nyc. IN case you did not know the roads here are bad especially around constructions yards where my work place happens to be. Lately the car even on highways on small changes in road height i can hear and feel the car hit the road.. the dealer put in a lowering springs and left stock struts..i am having a horrible time finding replacements ..please help

I've got a few problems with this post:

One: Dealerships do not install aftermarket parts other than TRD, so I don't know what you'r talking about.

Two: You are bottoming out on springs? You need to go slower then, and stop driving around heffers in your back seats.

Three: This post is about nothing. There is no question or stated problem. What are you looking for? You said you are having a hard time finding replacement struts? There is nothing wrong with your struts, nor is that the reason why you are bottoming out. To understand why you are bottoming out, refer to "Two". You do not need new struts. I think you are just confused on what your problem is compared to what you are looking for a solution. Regather your thoughts and come back, then we can talk and help.

Frucewicz 09-25-2012 01:48 PM

Thought that this thread was suppose to be to help others not to talk badly about others! Double checked and yes thu are trd lowering springs so sorry about that. I don't have heffers but just me i am 220 and no else in the car! And yes i am going slow 5-10 sometimes e
It even happens at less then 5 mph! Try drivig around flushing ny and see if it happens to your car! Dealer only but in lowering springs and left manufacturer struts. And i do take speed bumbs at a angle! Any suggestions?

RazorBladeNinja 09-25-2012 07:43 PM

Are you positive your bottoming out and your struts aren't just loose and clunking?

Jon 09-25-2012 08:19 PM

You may be hitting your bump stops. I'm not too familiar with the tC2 parts so I can't say they should have been cut with the TRD springs. Maybe someone with them will chime in.

interestingsmell 09-26-2012 03:16 AM

TRD springs come supplied with their own bump stops

cySciontC2 10-07-2012 09:12 PM

Do a test to see if your struts are blown, that way you can eliminate them as being bad.
Push down on either the front or the rear, and watch it bounce. It should only bounce about 1.5 times or less and then settle, if it bounces more, then they might be blown.
It's just a simple diagnostic, so don't quote me if I'm wrong, just trying to help you out.

russiankid 10-08-2012 01:40 AM

What do you mean you can hear the car hit the road? I am lowered on Tein S-techs with stock strut's and if you hit a big enough bump at greater speeds you can definitely feel it in your ___. Just drive more careful, and yes I am aware of the roads in NYC, just be more careful.