Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

simple questions about lowering

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default simple questions about lowering

Hey guys, I bought some sportlines springs off of someone on this forum and I plan to get it installed within these 2 days. I was just wondering, when theyre being installed, is there anything I should worry about or keep a look out for while its being done? Also after installed, will my allignment be really off? And will the camber be more on 1 side than the other? Im just wondering this because if i remember, Ive seen some people post about have -1 on one side in the rear and -3 on the other side in the rear wheels which sounds kinda scary. well, any info or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 07-21-2012, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It might be off slightly.

You dont want to go to an Alignment Shop for a couple weeks becayse the Springs need to "settle".

Then tell the Alignment shop you want "Factory Specs"..
Old 07-21-2012, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TeeCizzle
It might be off slightly.

You dont want to go to an Alignment Shop for a couple weeks becayse the Springs need to "settle".

Then tell the Alignment shop you want "Factory Specs"..
thanks for the words! if you installed lowering springs, was the rear off by alot? like -1 and -3 on the other side?
Old 07-21-2012, 09:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The right rear will be but it's already off to begin with. Watch out for the position of the dot on the upper strut mount because that will have to be put back to the same spot. Don't turn or twist the top mount after getting it off without marking the position of the top mount related to the bottom spring rest of the strut body. Also McPherson style spring compressors will be very helpful and a buddy as well. Always pay attention to the position of everything and make sure you tighten everything down properly.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jarvasdb1
The right rear will be but it's already off to begin with. Watch out for the position of the dot on the upper strut mount because that will have to be put back to the same spot. Don't turn or twist the top mount after getting it off without marking the position of the top mount related to the bottom spring rest of the strut body. Also McPherson style spring compressors will be very helpful and a buddy as well. Always pay attention to the position of everything and make sure you tighten everything down properly.
thanks for the heads up! im not installing these myself because I have no experience in them. but I just wanted to know as a heads up what i should know and what i should be aware of. this will help a lot! thankss!
Old 07-22-2012, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You're welcome. This tC2 is so different from the tC1. It's like learning whole new car all over again.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xtimxmayyx
Hey guys, I bought some sportlines springs off of someone on this forum and I plan to get it installed within these 2 days. I was just wondering, when theyre being installed, is there anything I should worry about or keep a look out for while its being done? Also after installed, will my allignment be really off? And will the camber be more on 1 side than the other? Im just wondering this because if i remember, Ive seen some people post about have -1 on one side in the rear and -3 on the other side in the rear wheels which sounds kinda scary. well, any info or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!
IMHO opinion and for the sake of your car, i wouldnt recommend installing aftermarket springs except for TRDs on stock struts. save up for coilovers. cost a bit more but are definitely worth it.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.spcperformance.com/compon...AFrom&to=USATo

SPC has shims available for our car on the rear to help with that camber issue
Old 08-08-2012, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Errikos
http://www.spcperformance.com/compon...AFrom&to=USATo

SPC has shims available for our car on the rear to help with that camber issue
Do you have these?