Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Southern California Test Car wanted: TB Performance & 2tCornot2tC Collaboration Brace

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well all i can say is hurry up and complete everything for the tc2 so you can see if theres intrest in the xb2!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 05:47 AM
SL Member

Updated our website! come order at tbperformanceproducts.com
Old 04-29-2012, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by TB_Performance_Products
we just set up our first authorized dealer in Temecula California! If you are a local you can order parts and even have them installed at The Underground Society! There is more info on their address, hours and such on my website Tbperformanceproducts.com
had my c-pillar bar and mid-chassis brace both installed here! great service. both braces made a notable difference but i wouldn't say anything major. hopefully with both strut bars it will make a bigger difference tho.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:30 PM
SL Member

Oscar, if you read this please check your email. I have your parts waiting. I have sent you a few emails regarding where to ship them to as I have not received an address to ship to.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:13 PM
SL Member

Both colors in stock, free shipping for July!
Old 07-13-2012, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Curious, I had a 2002 WS6 Trans am and did Kenny Brown Double diamond subframe connectors on the car which alone made a huge difference.

Since I have dynamatted the car, added a sub and amps and all i'm sure there's an additional 100lbs over stock. Are your products made out of chromoly like the BMR products or mild steel, and how much does each brace weight?
Old 07-13-2012, 05:03 PM
SL Member

@Rob thank you for the awesome question! This gives us a good chance to explain alot about metals and their use in automotive parts!...all our products are made out of 1040 carbon steel(which is commonly in use in the automotive industry). I dont think the extra 100 lbs would cause any failure in our products. In fact most of our customers have systems, and other forms of added weight. We have no need to make these products out of chromoly because chromoly is an alloy that is designed to be resistant to metal fatigue(thats why motor mounts, sway bars, and springs are often in use of it) Chromoly is also significantly heavier due to the alloy composition. Alot of companies out there like to use wild alloys to confuse customers and make it seem like that material is worth the extra 100-200 dollars when its not.

Most of our products weigh in around 3lbs.

Thanks again
Danny Check
Owner@ TB Performance Products
Old 07-13-2012, 05:35 PM
Banned
SL Member

Actually 10XX series steels are used in the construction industry. The 10 means that it is your garden variety carbon steel and the next two numbers give the carbon content…so C1040 is carbon steel (construction grade) and the 40 means that there is 0.40% carbon…so if you weld it, it will be more brittle than C1018. Now chromoly steels are used in the aerospace industry. And BTW they are exactly the same density as construction grade steels… 0.283-lbs/cubic-inch. So why did the aerospace industry choose chromoly steels over construction grade steels? Because of their alloying, they are stronger and stiffer.

Last edited by WellesleyScion; 07-13-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anything like that for the tc1?
Old 10-26-2012, 02:23 AM
SL Member

Well we're back, and in addition to the 50% off sale we have released our second gen mid chassis brace with thicker end cups and our cold rolled square stock, we even added a few inner members to further strengthen an already strong brace. That combined with our new impact resistant coating creates a much more resilient product. Get your's now while they're 50% off!

-Evan Miers, Tb Performance Products
Old 10-26-2012, 03:35 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by TB_Performance_Products
Well we're back, and in addition to the 50% off sale we have released our second gen mid chassis brace with thicker end cups and our cold rolled square stock, we even added a few inner members to further strengthen an already strong brace. That combined with our new impact resistant coating creates a much more resilient product. Get your's now while they're 50% off!

You are getting there. This is a slight improvement over your last one but you still missed the load points...still not good enough for me to spend money on. You've got stiff point in your brace out in places where there are no loads!
Old 10-26-2012, 07:09 AM
SL Member

Hey 2TC thanks for the input. I'm sorry to hear that we won't be shipping you a brace any time soon, but we stand by our products =). If you're ever in our neck of the woods stop by our shop and I'll let you test em out. There's a few good corners in the industrial park, or we can always take you on a mountain run ... that should make a believer out of you =)

Last edited by TB_Performance_Products; 10-26-2012 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Sig
Old 10-26-2012, 07:35 AM
Banned
SL Member

OK…and I bet you $1000.00 that I can make a brace using the same materials you are using for your brace, the installation will be at least a pound lighter and will be much stiffer than yours. We will both test drive your car with your brace, then take yours off and install mine, then compare. If you won’t be amazed by the difference (not stock to mine, yours to mine) in handling, I will give you $1000.00. When my brace amazes you, I get one for my car, but it will be zinc plated and then powder coated. I will be in Ridgecrest, CA between December 18th and January 3rd. What day works for you?
Old 10-26-2012, 07:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm on your web page now looking. Can you add the weight of each brace to the items on your page for the TC2. This way I can add the combined weight of each brace should I decide to purchase so I know the total weight I would be adding to the car.

My last car was a 2002 WS6 Trans am with Kenny Brown Double diamond subframe connectors, BMR strut tower bar, pan hard rod and trailing arms made it made a huge difference in the car. The car had a much more solid ride and feel and was definitely more responsive on the road and in the corners. Another added benefit was less rattles in the car due to less chassis flex.

With the TC I'm not sure how much more weight I want to add to the car. Sound deadening, amps, sub woofer, speakers and wiring I'm sure have added at least 100 lbs to the car already.

If I was on the west coast instead of the east you can bet I would be visiting you for a test ride!
Old 10-26-2012, 07:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

2tCornot2tC if you make it out be sure to take photo's and post your results here, I definitely trust your opinion! Side note I really appreciate your taking the time to post that DIY on that independent fog light mod, perfect!
Old 10-26-2012, 09:23 AM
SL Member

Well TC, I'm not a betting man so I won't be putting money on the table. With your background, I'm fairly certain your brace would come out on top. If you want to design a brace and build it yourself, please do. I would be extremely interested in how you do it, and the process you use, as I honestly enjoy upping my quality of work. If you would like to stop by with your brace, we can do it mid November. However, neither me or my partner own a scion tc2 so testing it might be difficult, but it would still be cool to see what you come up with.... and just curious what part of my last post struck a nerve?

Last edited by TB_Performance_Products; 10-26-2012 at 09:25 AM. Reason: a sig would help
Old 10-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Banned
SL Member

That is just it…I don’t have a fab shop to build the things that I design. And I don’t want to hire a shop to build it for me any more for the tC. I’ve been hiring out all the work on my tC and I’m essentially done with it. (See my garage for my new toy.) You seem to be small enough to be able to change your designs easily yet it seems like you do good quality work…but it is blatantly obvious that there isn’t an engineer among you. With a little guidance, you guys could make a great product. Can’t you see that I’m offering to help you guys out? All I want in return is one of the braces we build.

Since I will be flying out to Ridgecrest, CA and I don’t have a C130 or C141 or C5, I won’t be bringing my tC with me. We’ll have to find one…and I’ll bet that one of the SLers here will offer their car up for measuring. People here have seen my work (I’ve designed and built my own F-Sport BBK for the tC and I’ve designed and built the Adjustable RUCAs for the tC), I’m sure one of the LSers here will loan us their car for this project.

Since I live and work overseas, that is the only window we’ve got…this is your written invitation to the ball. Shall we dance?
Old 10-26-2012, 01:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm sure if you post on here that you're looking for a test car in the Ridgecrest, CA area you could find one on ScionLife or Facebook's TC2FTW within 12 hours
Old 10-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProjectTC2
I'm sure if you post on here that you're looking for a test car in the Ridgecrest, CA area you could find one on ScionLife or Facebook's TC2FTW within 12 hours
We need one in Temecula, CA not Ridgecrest, CA...
Old 10-26-2012, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Whoops! Temecula then

Quick Reply: Southern California Test Car wanted: TB Performance & 2tCornot2tC Collaboration Brace