Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

TB Performance tC2 Stage 1 Kit Review..

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 06:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default TB Performance tC2 Stage 1 Kit Review..

I am in no way associated with TB performance products, I am writing this review as an individual customer

Testing was done on 2011 Scion tC. Only modification to suspension is Tein S-Tech Springs at 1.5" drop. Stock tires and struts.

I recently purchased the Stage one kit after doing some research to find some solutions to the issues I have with my Scion. Obviously suspension was the biggest thing I had to change when the car was first purchased.

I knew I wanted some form of a brace in the back as it just looked like it could use one and them some. The kit I purchased includes the following:

Mid-chasis brace
Trunk brace
C-pillar brace.

TB performance claims the adjustable C-pillar brace will stop the moon roof from 'creaking'. They were 100% accurate lol, not one creak since install today and I drove my normal route .

Install was as simple as anything you could do on a vehicle. All you need is a socket set, jack, and jack stands. Install took 45 minutes for all three pieces.

I first drove with the trunk pieces installed and I immediately could tell a difference over bumps and especially turns. I then installed mid chassis brace and headed for a nice curvy road .
The pieces worked flawlessly and the difference was HUGE. The steering response is the first thing that caught my attention as I was over correcting the whole time on the same road I've driven for several years lol.

All in all the kit was a wise purchase, it was everything I wanted and more.

To answer questions about cosmetics and functionality in the trunk, its all out of the way. Nothing is crunched, rubbing or causing concerns for loss of trunk space.
The C-pillar bar does NOT obstruct your view through the rear window!
The Mid chassis brace is slim and sturdy causing no concern for scrapping or getting caught even on slammed cars.

Total cost with shipping was $229 and was shipped quickly but USPS took their sweet time delivering it.
Everything fit perfectly, I did not have to modify a single thing to install.
The stock tC tires and springs/struts are no longer efficient if you really want the full use out of this kit.

http://www.tbperformanceproducts.com

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-21-2020 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Awarded 5 Yr Badge
Old 02-10-2013, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I might pick up the mid brace trunk brace and under brace. I currently have trd springs tanabe front strut bar and eibach front and rear swaybar. Tanabe charge 200 for the mid brace. The one you mention has a really good price i might just get this one cuz its the same thing. Thnx for the post and review and savings lol
Old 02-10-2013, 01:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do it! You won't regret it!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea im planning im buying that stage 1 glad theyota typed this review
Old 02-10-2013, 10:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by disaster06
Do it! You won't regret it!
I ordered the Under brace, Rear brace, and Traction bar its a must for FWD it reduce wheel hop. The parts I mention will be install to my tC2 RS8. So far I have TRD Springs,
Tanabe Strut Bar brace, and Eibach Front and Rear Sway bars. I will post review here when I received item and put it on and street test it on a parking lot lol.

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-21-2020 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 02-10-2013, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool

Hey Yota, how long did it take for you to recieve the product you ordered. Im just curious because i ordered a few stuff from TB too.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Bamplaya32
yea im planning im buying that stage 1 glad theyota typed this review
Good choice for stiffer handling
Old 02-13-2013, 04:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Shipping took a couple weeks which I contribute to USPS.

If your going to order a kit from TB I recommend the stage two. I regret now not getting it as the traction bar will only compliment the under brace.
When it comes to buying Tanabe and companies with big reps and expensive products, TB is 100% on par with them. I'm not one to cheap out in parts but I would NEVER spend $200 on an under brace just because its 'name brand'.
The welds and design on the product are legit and wouldn't recommend blowing $1000+ on a similar kit when TB has done a great job for 1/4 of the cost.

If your looking for a traction bar to deal with wheel hop, chances are your hurting more things dumping the clutch then a bit of wheel hop. Bushing, bearings, mounts all are affected by 'drag racing'. I would invest in motor mounts and stronger bushings to protect critical areas.
In short, stick with TB, their customer service is excellent, the product is excellent, and your not breaking the bank for quality suspension components.I say that because people get wrapped up in the fact they have an overpriced name brand part on their car that works as well as its $60 counter part.
The stock tC tires are bad to start, but it really comes out with a much stiffer ride now.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-21-2020 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Awarded 5 Yr Badge
Old 02-14-2013, 12:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheYota
Shipping took a couple weeks which I contribute to USPS.

If your going to order a kit from TB I recommend the stage two. I regret now not getting it as the traction bar will only compliment the under brace.
When it comes to buying tanabe and companies with big reps and expensive products, TB is 100% on par with them. I'm not one to cheap out in parts but I would NEVER spend $200 on an under brave just because its 'name brand'. The welds and design on the product are legit and wouldn't recommend blowing $1000+ on a similar kit when TB has done a great job for 1/4 of the cost.

If your looking for a traction bar to deal with wheel hop, chances are your hurting more things dumping the clutch then a bit of wheel hop. Bushing, bearings, mounts all are affected by 'drag racing'. I would invest in motor mounts and stronger bushings to protect critical areas.
In short, stick with TB, their customer service is excellent, the product is excellent, and your not breaking the bank for quality suspension components.I say that because people get wrapped up in the fact they have an overpriced name brand part on their car that works as well as its $60 counter part.
The stock tc tires are bad to start, but it really comes out with a much stiffer ride now.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
Yah i hear u bro i agree