Notices
Scion xA Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

carbon fiber door pillar add ons

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default carbon fiber door pillar add ons

ok well i just ordered a set the other day and got them today. i was curious i started reading the instructions. why do they make it seem so diffcult to do all of this. and i was most wondering do i really need to do all those things that the instructions say? basically like the heat gun part they tell you to do. i dont own a heat gun lol. just wondering cause im kinda confused on these things. all i was going to do was clean the surface really good and put them on. but the instructions make it seem like you need to do more lol. just wondering. any info is appreciated. sorry to sound like a noob.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got a good deal on 6 piece set of cf pillar appliques a few months ago. They didn't come with any instructions. For each one, I just cleaned off the pillar area, did a test fit to see how the piece should line up, removed the backing tape, and put it on. You want to make sure you have it lined up right the first time, because once it is on there its pretty tough to pull back off. A good way apply them is to slightly bend the top away from the pillar while you start applying at the bottom edge, and slowly smooth upwards and onto the pillar. That way, you can see if it isn't going to line up properly before the whole thing is applied... and you would have a better chance of pulling it back off and starting again without damaging the piece.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ight well thanks that helps thats all i was going to do was clean the area good and apply. thanks for the info though