Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Fuel Filter replacement on xA..

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 07:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Fuel Filter replacement on xA..

Hi all,

I'm having a 2004 xA with 75k miles on it. I've never changed the fuel filter. Does mine have such a replaceable filter, or do I need to change it, if so how often?

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-21-2019 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blacknight_rc
Hi all,

I'm having a 2004 Xa with 75k miles on it. I've never changed the fuel filter. Does mine have such a replaceable filter, or do i need to change it, if so how often?
OK I just checked the owners' manual and it does have a fuel filter, but does not specify how often I should change it..
Old 05-25-2014, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

The fuel filter is part of the fuel pump inside the fuel tank. This is under the rear seat and has an access panel to change out the pump/filter. There is no interval for changing the filter, usually not unless the fuel pump fails (usually due to filter) but I dont think its a seperate part available to purchase. At least the fuel tank doesn't have to be removed to replace!!!
Old 05-27-2014, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SatsumaxA
The fuel filter is part of the fuel pump inside the fuel tank. This is under the rear seat and has an access panel to change out the pump/filter. There is no interval for changing the filter, usually not unless the fuel pump fails (usually due to filter) but I dont think its a seperate part available to purchase. At least the fuel tank doesn't have to be removed to replace!!!
Hi SatsumaxA,

Thanks for your reply! OK then I wont be worried about it until i have some serious issue related to fuel (which i hope i wont)
Old 11-20-2015, 06:32 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blacknight_rc
Hi SatsumaxA,

Thanks for your reply! OK then I wont be worried about it until i have some serious issue related to fuel (which i hope i wont)
Hi all,
I was having some vibrating issue (while on drive but braked, like at a stop light or traffic) and my mechanic told me its time for a tune up and fuel filter replacement (have 90k miles on it). So I did with genuine spares (it does have a replaceable fuel filter btw) and now it runs smoothly. Spark plugs I had used previously (NGK) were burnt out as well, replaced them with genuine spares. Hope this helps!

Cheers!