Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xA Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-owners-lounge-1603/)
-   -   As I was "window shopping" Carmax's site... (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-owners-lounge-1603/i-window-shopping-carmaxs-site-152644/)

XPRESSCION 12-16-2008 11:05 AM

As I was "window shopping" Carmax's site...

I found a black '06, 5-speed for sale in Indiana. They are asking little over $10k for it.

I'm thinking about it!

I get my bonus' this week and I seriously need Daily Driver since I commute to Illinois everyday. My tC''s over 100k, needs brakes, and tires. I wouldn't have to hurry those services.

Being ex-xA owner, I know they are great commuter cars.

But this one would be challenge, I don't know how to drive a stick-shift. :rofl:

cobb 12-16-2008 01:56 PM

This maybe a bad idea, the gear box is very similar to moving a stick around in a bucket of gravel. Its not the first car I would want to learn or have to drive.

jct 12-16-2008 05:40 PM

yes learn to drive a stick in a truck first

Zillon 12-18-2008 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by cobb
This maybe a bad idea, the gear box is very similar to moving a stick around in a bucket of gravel. Its not the first car I would want to learn or have to drive.

I've driven worse, actually.

However, I do recommend learning how to drive stick in a truck.

DriverXa 12-19-2008 04:52 AM

I learned stick on my xA....wasn't that hard. Got the hang of it over a weekend of practice.

Now mastering it is another story, lol.

cobb 12-21-2008 02:34 AM

I maybe a fast learner, but I still ground a gear or two in that car.

Originally Posted by DriverXa
I learned stick on my xA....wasn't that hard. Got the hang of it over a weekend of practice.

Now mastering it is another story, lol.

SVicksTC 12-21-2008 03:06 AM

I learned driving stick on an SRT-4 (probably the easiest car in the world to drive)

Dont worry about learning to drive stick you will learn in a couple hours and have it down within the day of driving.....

CameronTX 12-21-2008 03:12 AM

learning how to drive it should be the least of your worries!
i learned how to drive a stick in my tc, only took me about 3 hours to learn.. and a few days until someone could ride with me w/o getting a headache lol

ihatemyxa 12-21-2008 02:50 PM

i taught my gf how to in my xa in a couple hours, now i make her drive EVERYWHERE for uh "practice"

jct 12-21-2008 03:34 PM

lazy

cobb 12-22-2008 12:57 AM

The xa is trickie to shift, you cant slam shift it like most cars with or without synchs.

I have been trying to do the same with my mom but its one excuse after another. Its a new car, its your car, what will you drive to work if I wreck it, I dont feel like it, my body parts hurt, etc, etc, etc. I cant win can I?

Originally Posted by ihatemyxa
i taught my gf how to in my xa in a couple hours, now i make her drive EVERYWHERE for uh "practice"