Notices
Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

A message from Cheshire Cat to all the xA owners.......

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default A message from Cheshire Cat to all the xA owners.......

We are always looking for new members to join Team Scion West.

Now more than ever we are interested in xA owners to join our team. I've seen the registry and there are tons of xA's in LA and Orange County.

Where are you guys?

Currently, we have only 6.

Here is some information about us, from our Vice-President, Adrian:

TSW is the biggest and the first recognized club by Scion/Toyota Corp. We meet every Sunday at the Cerritos Mall but there will be no meets this Sunday due to the holidays.

We work with Scion Corp. and they recognize our club. We have supplied cars for them in some events and have been in newspapers such as the Orange County Register, the New York Time, Wall Street Journal, Kiplingers, LA Auto Guide, Import Racer and have been mentioned in several web sites. Some of the cars will also be featured in the upcoming Scion Catalog if all goes well..pictures were already taken a couple of weeks ago.

The member list is in the mid 80s last time I checked and we are shooting for 100 by the end of the year.

Membership is $40 yearly and you get stickers, t-shirts, a bunch of promotional items provided by Scion. You also get discount on parts and services. Also there are special invites for TSW members for events etc...

We actively promote the Scion brand and also have been competing in car shows and won "Team Represent" in the last Drift Showoff Event.
We have been very fortunate with the support of all the members and the contribution they have done for the Scion community.

Currently 2 chapters are formed, Los Angeles and San Diego. Other chapters are in the works right now.
If you have been to SEMA we had cars in the Cooper Tires booth, Velox Booth, Yokohama booth, Motegi Booth as well as the Scion booth as well.

Pretty much it's a whole bunch of Scion enthusiasts that exchange ideas and are out there to have fun and support each other and the Scion community.
We are also doing events such as the Toy Drive and the very popular "Fun Runs".

We should have the website up soon...www.teamscionwest.com but will continue to use Scion Life as a forum for all members.

You can also do a google search for Team Scion West and you'll get some information about us too....

If you are interested in joining our team, please PM our President, Darrel - BlueNRG.
Or our Vice President, Adrian - scioninla.

Or you can PM me, Cheshire Cat.

Thanks, guys!

We hope to see you soon!
Old 11-29-2003, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

Also, we need to enter 6 xAs for the upcoming Showoff Classic to be held on Dec. 13, 2003 in the LA Fair Grounds in Pomona. The show will be indoor and will be the biggest show of the year.

You don't have to be part of TSW to enter but we will get you the discount price.
This will be a good opportunity to win a trophy since there will be a 1st 2nd and 3rd place for xAs. Also you could win amateur class such as Vidal with his xA.

This is also a good start to get sponsorship from companies looking for xAs. There are so many xBs out there and not too many xAs (that I have seen on the road) that you'll have an easier chance of getting hooked up with companies looking to build parts for the xA and what better place to find prospects than a car show - companies always sponsor people who enter shows or other such events since they know they will get exposure for their products.

Please let me (scioninla) or Nilo (xbboy) if you want to enter. Space is VERY limited since there was a good response from TSW members to enter.

Again we need 6 to enter to have an xA class...so far we have 4 ..we need a couple more.
Old 11-29-2003, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default SubCode will participate!

details, details.....I need to know.....where do I sign up where do I go...

yes I'm interested in going to the fair and entering...hit me up @ djsubcode@yahoo.com
Old 11-30-2003, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

Default Re: SubCode will participate!

Originally Posted by subcode

yes I'm interested in going to the fair and entering...hit me up @ djsubcode@yahoo.com
The show will be at Pomona on Dec 13, 2003 at the LA Fair Grounds
We need to roll in there no later than 7 AM and we will be meeting at 5:30 to all caravan and roll in or meet there at around 6:30 or so.

It's $40 to enter and of we can get 6 xAs to enter then they will have their own class. So for 6 entries you have a 50 percent chance of winning a trophy.

PM xxboy or Cheshire cat for more details if needed.

That will be great if you can enter the show with your xA.
Old 11-30-2003, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 11-30-2003, 05:27 AM
BCS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I have an xA.

But.....I live in Seattle.

Good luck on your findings.
Old 11-30-2003, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I also want to mention some rules for people checking us out at Cerritos :

No loud music

No revving of engines

Please don't race

Please don't litter

Here is some more info about the rules for our meets from Adrian :

Just to let everyone know, the local police is waiting to hand out citations.
Since we have been meeting in Cerritos we were responsible for 2 cars impounded and numerous citations..... thanks to local security and LA Sheriffs (Cerritos Police).

We have been quite fotunate that all TSW members understand the rules when we have the meets....we have been there for 5 months and even have the local police and security come out and hang out with us.
Organizing a meet IS A LOT OF WORK...you have to make sure you are ok with everything.
We were the ones who told mall security and Sheriffs that the meets will move location out of respect for the holiday shoppers....when it's not as busy such as next Sunday..then we will have the meet there again....then several days before Xmas..move the meet since it will be hectic in the mall and there won't be space for 50 plus cars.

A word of advice to other clubs that decide to come out to our meets..LET ME OR DARRELL KNOW....we had TORC, CLub 4AG and Team Flux come out and respected the rules...they were all great and we appreciated the support from them.

We had other clubs "crash: the meets...unfortunately I was in Cancun when the a big group of Subarus came out and started messing around...I was left a voice mail by security about this and other TSW members had told me about this incident....little did they know the following week we were waiting for them and I had my speed dial to local police ready to call if they start speeding around the parking lots and just act stupid...lucky for them they did not show up.
We welcome EVERYONE as long as they respect the area...no revving..loud music...no speeding..no littering....or simply said...just be RESPECTFUL!
You come to our meets and start revving and show off around the parking lot looking for trouble..then just be prepared to be CITED or possibly be IMPOUNDED..the local Sheriffs don't have any problems doing that..By the way, they make it a point to drop by every so often on Sundays and talk to me and Darrell for any possible problems.

We are determined to have the meets there for a long long time...and if one person tries to act stupid just be prepared to pay for your citation and possible impound fee...

Don't want to sound like a jerk..but just want to make sure that anyone or any club that decides to check out the Cerritos TSW meet be respectful or pay the consequences...As I mentioned..it's a lot of work organizing meets and it only takes one bad seed to mess it up for everyone...and we are not gonna let this happen like the groups in Torrance/Carson and Long Beach.

For ALL Scion owners who want to check out a meet that caters to Scions...you are more than welcome to come check us out..

Just check here on Scion Life on when the next meet will be....
Old 12-01-2003, 02:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Re: SubCode will participate!

Originally Posted by scioninla
Originally Posted by subcode

The show will be at Pomona on Dec 13, 2003 at the LA Fair Grounds
We need to roll in there no later than 7 AM and we will be meeting at 5:30 to all caravan and roll in or meet there at around 6:30 or so.

It's $40 to enter and of we can get 6 xAs to enter then they will have their own class. So for 6 entries you have a 50 percent chance of winning a trophy.

PM xxboy or Cheshire cat for more details if needed.

That will be great if you can enter the show with your xA.
SOUNDS FAIR I'LL BE THERE!......
Old 12-01-2003, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Great! We can't wait to meet you!
Old 12-02-2003, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd like to participate, but I don't know when I'll have any time.

I should already have some mods on my xA, but I'm in anesthesia school, and I don't have time to do anything else. I live in Hollywood, so If I get some time I can check out a meet.

Before school started, I was doing shows with the S2000 guys, and I'd like to do the same with my xA.

Hopefully I'll get out to see you guys soon.

Here's the thread with my info, and pics of some of the mods on my S:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...er=asc&start=0

-Pete
Old 12-13-2003, 07:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default paging BCS!

hey "bcs" where you get that avatar of the blue xa?,,,,I wouldn't mind having a phantom grey ???? Is it something I can get from you or who ever made it for you make me one too?
Old 12-13-2003, 10:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

You have a San Diego chapter... are there any meets here locally in San Diego? Would rather not be driving to L.A. (no offense - it's just a long haul).