Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

Who is left on here with an xA?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 03:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Armystrong
Your (Scionxa180) XA is really nice. What year is it?
THANKS MY FRIEND!!! That really means a lot to me
Old 08-26-2015, 01:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scionxa180
Mine is a 2004, was a heirloom-graduation-birthday present from my grandfather. Ever since I changed out my headlights I haven't once lost the "mod bug". I have haters, but bottom line i'm only doing this for me.

That's how it starts I'm glad your not making decisions based on whats "in style". That cookie cutter car culture that started happening a few years ago is the dumbest **** ever You have the true essence of car culture, "Bottom line I'm only doing this for me"

Even with your setup tho.. I can't see where where people would give you crap for it.. It's gorgeous!

You ever watch Mighty Car Mods? If not you shouuuuuuld
Old 08-27-2015, 06:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Of course! I get people asking me all the time why I did something to it or why didmy I make something this way like "everyone else"does, and I just laugh because that's the last thing I really want. I feel some people are just scared to do what's good for them or to do what they want/like anymore.

My car is a little beat up and it's not very fast, so I guess that's mostly the hate I get.

And I don't know what car person doesn't watch them, OF COURSE I DO, I LOVE THEM!
Old 08-27-2015, 11:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scionxa180
And I don't know what car person doesn't watch them, OF COURSE I DO, I LOVE THEM!
I found out about them only 6 months ago x'D And have watched every single episode haha!

You should make a 'Garage' on here!
Old 09-01-2015, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Thought I would post up a recent pic with new/painted front end...
Attached Thumbnails Who is left on here with an xA?-wp_20150321_16_26_45_pro.jpg  

Last edited by SatsumaxA; 09-16-2015 at 01:41 AM.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm still driving my 2005 xA. 130k miles on the clock, and it's a short list of things that have been repaired/replaced on the car:

-Front brakes at 75k
-Rear brakes at 120k
-Several sets of tires
-Oil changes every 5k
-$2 of vacuum hose
-Replaced the Toyota factory battery when it was 7 years old
-Front window outer seal replaced
-I've had two OE Pioneer head units go out over the years, have a Pioneer aftermarket in there now
-Only had to replace the headlight bulbs because someone backed into my parked car and wrecked one of them.

Aside from that, nothing to report. Truly an awesome car and it was the best vehicle purchase I've made and probably ever will make. It wasn't even time for the headlights to be replaced when the car was backed in to, but I've not had to replace one other bulb on the car. I put the TRD springs on the car at 1k miles, still going strong on the factory shocks/struts. Suspension is all original otherwise. Motor mounts are getting a little soft, but I've got a full set of replacements sitting in my garage for the day I feel like tackling them. Clutch still works great, and I change the manual transmission oil every 30k miles as indicated in the manual. Coolant was done at 100k, at that time I replaced the accessory belts.

I mentioned $2 worth of vacuum hose up above, because one day I got a check engine light and found a piece of EGR hose had torn slightly. Have I mentioned how awesome this car is yet? Oil comes out a good color when I change it, and it's never used enough to notice a change on the dipstick between 5k mile oil changes. It doesn't leak anything else either.

Great car, I cannot say enough good things about it, as a commuter car it fits the bill nicely. My mother still has her 2004 xB as well, and it's been about the same level of difficulty to keep on the road, they are really good vehicles.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:03 PM

Default Newbie

Just got here with my (new to me) 05' xA 108,000 miles. Went from a BMW x3 to this so I'm loving it! Hoping to get started with mod's soon, yall inspire, keep it up

Last edited by Lexparker; 09-12-2015 at 11:45 PM.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Lexparker
Just got here with my (new to me) 05' xA 108,000 miles. Went from a BMW x3 to this so I'm loving it! Hoping to get started with mod's soon, yall inspire, keep it up
You should join the Facebook group too

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ClubISTXA/

Glad you like it! What kind of mods? Like are you setting it up for something specific (building a full time track car, weekend track car / daily driver, fun daily driver, street rod, ect)?

Tons of DIY's on here, and the currently active members are all really great
Old 09-16-2015, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

With this thread being over three years old I was wondering if there is a roll call for xA owners? would be great to see a listing of owners on the forum!!
Old 09-16-2015, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Still here with my Xa

Still have my 06 xA ,and its still going strong at 101,000 miles. Most reliable and cheap to own car I've ever had!
Old 09-25-2015, 01:37 AM

Thanks, I'll check out the Facebook page! I really would love to do a full body kit but it's not in the budget for me right now. This car is my daily driver, but I'm looking to make it more modern and street ish! This is my first attempt at moding a car so all DIY is helpful. I've already got new rims, tint, hood nose, and I'm looking to start fixing up the inside with a new stereo and speakers ☺ I'll keep yall updated!

Originally Posted by StxArOne
You should join the Facebook group too

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ClubISTXA/

Glad you like it! What kind of mods? Like are you setting it up for something specific (building a full time track car, weekend track car / daily driver, fun daily driver, street rod, ect)?

Tons of DIY's on here, and the currently active members are all really great
Old 10-13-2015, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member

I'm on here with 05 xa going to hit 130k in the next day or two and not a single leak. Gotta finish fixing the little bit of rust it has on the underbody and prevent more but I bought it November 2014 with 118k did new pads, rotors, shoes, drums, hardware all around, iridium plugs, and pcv valve for piece of mind. Had to get rims cause the steels went "bad". Just got a k&n panel last week energy suspension rear bushings the week before. Did the Mikochu Über Ground Wire System with 4ga wire and also alternator to positive and added fogs in the lower grill cause I wanted something lights I could control independently without modifying the stock wiring. I'm starting to drain and fill the tray with valvoline max life after reading about the problems with WS. Still want to do energy suspension sway bar and front control arms and I'll change out the other bushings and ball joints but going to wait till after winter along with trd springs shocks and struts. Got my night planned tonight with energy suspension motor mounts or at least starting it one by one.
Basically I'm going for sport daily driver get the most out of non power adders.

Stock radio wasn't in it when I got it and was already wired for a sub so I put a mtx powered tube and my alpine in it I think it has stock speakers I haven't taken the doors apart but sound quality is fantastic.

Didn't have keyless entry or at least no remote so I upgraded to remote start and keyless entry no more cold car during chicago winters.

Now that I start listing my mods it seems like a lot but I love this car and modding it has been easy with help from this forum.

Last edited by Thinkingstrings; 10-13-2015 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:20 AM
5 Year Member

I've had my 2005 xA since 2007. It had 50k miles on it when I got it. Previous owners drove the hell out of it but kept it in very good condition. Now it's got 218k miles and it still runs pretty well even though it's had a couple of woodland creature incidents.

The first incident was in the winter around 3 am a few years ago where it ate Bambi in Nebraska. Bambi was tall enough that she went right in the grill (avoiding the bumper so no airbag deployed) and pushed the radiator in, broke the air intake manifold and folded in the front edge of the hood. When I hit Bambi it's viscera covered the windshield and I had to clean it off. I say it "ate" Bambi because when I stopped I was expecting to have to pull a corpse out of the grill but it wasn't there. It wasn't behind, under, on top, or in front of the car. I looked up and down the highway but still saw no corpse. I have no idea where the corpse went. It still ran enough to get me to Fort Collins. The second incident was when a coyote decided to see what was under the left side of my front bumper. It damaged the bumper cover and ripped out the wheel fender liner. After seeing the damage and blood I decided I didn't want to go back and see the corpse.

It's pretty much still stock except for the air intake and a new radio. Besides repairs from running into animals I've only had to replace the water pump, belts, some worn hoses, brake pads and regular fluid changes. I use synthetic oil every 5k. Each time it loses less than half a quart of oil each time. I may experiment with a slightly thicker oil when it gets warmer to see if it affects oil loss.

I still enjoy driving it.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool hey peeps

I'm still here. Sorry i haven't been on in awhile. I just remembered my password lol. How is everyone?
Attached Thumbnails Who is left on here with an xA?-20160203_145806.jpg  
Old 02-25-2016, 11:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Still here, 212,000 miles and counting.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:34 PM

I just bought a 2005 with only 14,700 miles original. The thing looks like it just came from the dealership. I couldn't pass it up. This is my third Scion, 1 XB and I also have the new iA. Awesome cars!
Old 03-01-2016, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

New to the forum, and just bought an '05 xA here in Minneapolis for my wife. It's got 192,700 miles, but is in very good shape. It's an automatic. Found it on Craigslist last week. Identical car with 142,000 miles and manual transmission just poste on our Craigslist yesterday...and it's 2 blocks from our house!
Attached Thumbnails Who is left on here with an xA?-scion1.jpg   Who is left on here with an xA?-scion2.jpg  
Old 03-02-2016, 02:51 PM

Just bought an 05' xA 5 speed with 158k miles for $3100 out the door........looks immaculate inside and runs great!

On the lot front
Name:  Front%20shot_zps50dcy6zm.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  42.6 KB

On the lot side
Name:  Drivers%20side%20shot_zpsdkhi55vw.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  43.0 KB

Interior shot
Name:  interior_zpsli2qqoez.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  36.9 KB

At home .....a little dirty....took off hubcaps and painted wheels quickly
Name:  20160211_180739_zpsvyhy1uww.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  286.5 KB

New battery and semi cleaned up engine bay
Name:  20160217_130828_zpsidxwfrrb.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  339.2 KB
Old 03-18-2016, 01:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Here with my '05 xA. Original owner. 105,000 miles. Performed at dealer all normal maintenance. Original brakes! 2nd set of tires. Only replaced something with the AC.
Love my xA!!!

Andy
Old 09-11-2016, 06:50 PM

I just found this site while researching towing with my xA. I have an 06 that I bought new, and just hit 100,000 miles last week. I was getting ready to trade it in on a truck, but I really only need a truck to haul 300 pound arcade games once in a while. This car has been so reliable that I don't really want to risk something else right now.

If the towing idea works out, I think I will keep the car for a while. It really has been a great car.

Quick Reply: Who is left on here with an xA?