xA Release Series 1.0

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default fatbastard

haha hell yeah man! you know, thats not fair since im still waiting for mine! it should be here within a week ahhhhh
you just made my wait even longer after i read that haha
thats awesome bro, congratulations, i cant wait until i get mine-
Old 09-30-2004, 03:13 AM
5 Year Member

:D :D :D Finally, finally, finally! It is finally here! It is so beautiful! Just perfect! I was really worried about the tires/wheels, but they are great! I know nothing about cars, but I would agree with other posts - it needs a drop. I don't have the moulah to do that though, maybe someday!
I had waited so long for this car that I was starting to have second thoughts. Was I doing the right thing???? YES! As soon as I saw it, I loved it!!!
Becky

P.S. Is Mary Sue still loving hers?? Bet so!
Old 09-30-2004, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dang... those things are BRIGHT!!! :D :D I saw 3 when i was at the dealer today getting the 10K maint done.

Are all of the RS1.0s automatic?! these were :?

Well anyways... Welcome to Scionlife you BRIGHT red xAs!! the color looks like sexy lipstick <slurp> hahahahha
Old 09-30-2004, 10:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
N.G.S.O.

Mary Sue still loves hers. I never get to drive it.

Yes, they do come in 5 speeds. Mary Sue's is a 5 speed just like my Lava.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default !!

congrats becky!
now if only i can get mine.... almost there, almost! should be here in a few days, and i'm so anxious after hearing all of your positives about it
Old 10-01-2004, 01:40 AM
5 Year Member

Update on my car...
My husband who was VERY against me getting this car, seems to like it after all. He took if for a spin and said the ride isn't as jarring as he thought it was going to be. He also said it has more zip and is more spacious on the inside then he thought it was going to be. He calls it "the tomato" and I kind of like that description, so I've been calling it that too. I've had it a day and a half and it still only had 35 miles on it. It came with 10, back and forth to work today was 22. I just haven't had time to drive it! I am just loving it though. I got so many smiles from people on my way to work this morning, especially from the college kids on campus (UW in Madison, WI). My husband says they probably weren't smiling at the car, but laughing at the old lady (34) driving the little cute car. Oh well. :D Hope every one gets there car soon and can start enjoying it as much as I am!!
Becky
Old 10-01-2004, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default awesome

I'm glad you're enjoying the car :D You don't understand how much I can't wait for mine to come in ahhhhh :D "The Tomato" is definitely one of the most unique cars out there, and it will continue to turn heads.... post pictures and happy driving!
Old 10-01-2004, 08:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I'm picking up my xA RS 1.0 this week and was curious as to what is involved in lowering the car and about how much it will cost to do so. I'm a college student in LA, so dropping the car isn't as big a deal as it is in NY.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
OhioScions

It's in! My xA RS 1.0 is finally in! Gratz on yours by the way BeckySue!

I'm going to pick it up after work, but I already saw it last night. The carrier actually passed me on the road. I was riding with my fiance and I was like, HEY THAT'S MY CAR!!! I about peed myself.

Anyway, I'm the proud owner of #411

Can't wait to pick it up!!! I want to find #410. Hey Becky, pretty cool that we got consecutive numbers eh? WOOHOO!
~~Sel
Old 10-01-2004, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member

Now you have #74 on this thread as well :D

I picked mine up about two weeks ago and really love the car. There are a few things I would like changed, but overall it's a great car.

Also the storage compartment next to the spare tire makes for an excellent sub location for an 8" sub.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default congrats

congrats to you sel and wookie with your new xA RS 1.0's!! mine should be here ANY DAY now :D

xA RS chick - congrats first of all, and about the springs - it depends on how low you want to go and what quality. The TRD springs the dealers offer aren't bad, and they are about $190 ish. You can get cheaper or more expensive too, just depends on what you are looking for. I personally think a 1.0 inch to a 1.5 inch drop is good, anything over is too low, but thats just me. If you want more advice IM me, my sn is lancerxEVO19

peace out xA RS owners
Old 10-02-2004, 07:21 AM
5 Year Member
OhioScions

I drove my car pretty much all day. Stopping only for a drink, or to comb and auto parts store. I happened through the local cruise line, and watched out of the corner of my eye as a group of guys with american muscle turned to watch my car go by. No really awe, but kind of "What the heck is that thing..."

I was pleased.

Having a blast with '1812'

by the way, that's the name I believe I'm sticking with for my car. It's the name given to a DRD from Farscape. xA bears a slight resemblance. Cheers to those of you who know Farscape, and even more so if you know 1812.

~~Sel
Old 10-02-2004, 03:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default awesome

sel - haha that's awesome... and I'm sure the people whose heads you turned were in fact awed by the car as well.

The salesman called me earlier and said that it would be in this week, maybe as early as Monday!

As for now I can just read all of your posts and drool until I get mine... haha
Old 10-02-2004, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member

:D Sel,
I'm so glad you finally got it! The name "1812" is much cooler than the "tomato", but they both work. Mine still only has bout 50 miles on it! I just haven't had time to
drive it, but I still am loving it every time I sit down in the cockpit.
Becky
Old 10-03-2004, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

they got one on display at barnadi toyota/scion 15k looks ok but it really needs a drop... way to 4x4
Old 10-03-2004, 07:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

^^I agree

xA's look raised for some reason but if you have ever seen one in person dropped it looks so dam sexy.. I drove a rs 1.0 at our dealer when it came in #55 and it was good times (considering I gave her a good run) I also love the grille, front end on the new RS series.. great choice and its very red....

someone drop one please and post some pics... :D :D :D :D

have fun with your RS's
Old 10-03-2004, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
N.G.S.O.

Here is ours with H&R sport springs.

Old 10-03-2004, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default springs

looks very good, im impressed. keep up the good work! mine should be in this week, i'm really excited. i'm going to look for springs soon, maybe after winter. any suggestions?
Old 10-03-2004, 09:13 PM
5 Year Member

Here are some pics of my new xA. Sorry about the blurry main car pic, my digital camera is terrible (it measures in VGA instead of megapixles :oops: )

Here are pics of the sub install. I still have my spare tire and with the floor mats installed it's completly hidden. Overall sound is excellent and the 8" sub sounds and feels more like a 10" with the small interior of the xA.

Old 10-04-2004, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default sub

the sub location is hot... where is that, under the mat in the back? give me details, my RS comes in any day now, and I want to put a sub like that :D

Quick Reply: xA Release Series 1.0