Notices
Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

xA Release Series 1.0

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member

If you lift the rear floor to access the spare tire you will see a storage compartment next to the spare tire on the right hand side. There are also some tools on the plastic flooring that will need to be moved.

We had all of the tools that were in the storage compartment moved to the left side as well as the tools on the plastic flooring.

Then with storeage compartment removed (it's a plastic bucket), fiberglass was molded to the conture of the space. It actually wraps around the spare tire a little to help hold it in place.

The plastic flooring above the speaker will have to be cut or else it will rattle like crazy. You would just need to cover it with a grill.

When it's done, you just have to lay your floor mats over the rear compartment and everything is completly hidden and you have full usage of your hatchback. Mount the amp under the seat and you are good to go.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

sounds cool... it looks nice... how big is the sub? and did you do this all yourself?
Old 10-04-2004, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member

The sub is 8" and in a sealed enclosure. It's definately not for those that need to blow their doors off. For an 8" thought it's quite nice and has enough volume to vibrate the seats and your hair a little. It sounds better than the Kicker 10" in my wifes Saturn (though the 10" is a bit better around 25 hz.)

It matches very well with the stock system, and in some instances can overpower it by a large margin. I have a remote bass control that makes it easy to control the balance of bass with the stock stereo so it makes for a really nice SQ system.

I had an installer do the work. I can do a lot in a car, but now days would rather leave it to somebody else so if they screw up they get to cover the cost of repair.
Old 10-08-2004, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default ITS HERE!

ITS HERE!!!! YAY!!!
gonna pick it up later tonight or tomorrow.... saw the truck pass by me this morning with it on it! :D
Old 10-08-2004, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
N.G.S.O.

Congrats, Did you add any options? We only added cruise, mats and keyless entry.
Old 10-08-2004, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default options

no options, just mats. i ordered a viper responder alarm and remote start system a few weeks ago, and i will get that installed in it this weekend. but first i am going to the dealer to pick it up!! :-)
Old 10-09-2004, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default RS

Picked up #747 today :D
All I can say is... wow. The car is pure bliss. I had a smile on my face as soon as I saw it. As I got there almost every salesman/saleswoman of the dealer was out there looking at it and they agreed that it was just hot. I am really excited and thankful. Future mod - it needs a drop! But I am finally a Scion owner, and I am very excited to be amongst all of you owners as well. :D
Old 10-10-2004, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
N.G.S.O.

Cool number 747

Just remember to fly low
Old 10-10-2004, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default haha

haha yeah thats the same thing i thought... really cool number.... but its a lot higher than i thought! i was expecting a low 300 or something, haha, oh well. i only had time to drive it home from the dealer today, so tomorrow ill have a full day with it. ive already turned a few heads, and some guy already thought that it was fast enough for him to pull up to me and attempt to race. I know that I won't beat anyone with 108hp, so I didn't bother haha, but the fast looks of this car is just wow.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member

I just picked up number 78 a couple of days ago. I walked into the Scion dealer about a week previously and was looking at a standard xA. Didn't even consider the RS because I wanted to keep my price as low as possible. Alas, it was too late for me tho, the RS firmly implanted itself in my head and kicked my OCD into overdrive. Lovin this vehicle. I drove it off the lot with 20 miles on it and just broke 100 today! This little red beast makes my commute into dowtown Denver SOOO much more enjoyable. Wait... did I just say my commute into downtown was enjoyable?
Old 10-13-2004, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

haha, thats awesome... congrats!!! Yeah I've only had mine for a few days, but I LOVVVVVE it. Every time you look at it all you can do is smile. And the fact that I got pulled over today for not having a front plate.... and the cop letting me go by saying "wow nice wheels, I've never heard of 'sky-on' " was pretty cool

He even let me get away with not having a front plate on, which I thought was cool.

Everyone is complaining about how it needs a drop badly, it actually doesn't need one that badly. It has a unique stance, and I don't think I'm going to touch it. That's right guys, I'm NOT dropping mine haha, but I love it.

Congrats again.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks zdawg!

I'm with you on the drop. I'm not gonna touch mine save for a nice window tint.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:05 AM
5 Year Member

Default Just purchased 377 last night

I just bought my xa rs 1.0 last night , love this car. nice ride and really stand out in the crowd. a few people stoped me to ask me what is it . anyway first post will post some pics really soon, planning to tint the window. love the way it looks. can u tell me can i add keyless entry added from toyata or am i screwd. thats the only thing that really bugging me think it should be standard with the 2200 premium. :twisted:
Old 10-14-2004, 03:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
N.G.S.O.

We had keyless added to ours thru Toyota. It was installed at port and not at the dealer. We also added cruise.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:19 AM
5 Year Member

Default Keyless entry

:twisted: Called dealership today asked if they can install keyless entry and they said they could for$ 289.00 so maybe soon I'll get it . Its really getting on my nerves using the key everytime I work from my car constantly in and out so it will be a nice to have. have driven two and half days worth of work and still have 1/4 tank left. with gas as expensive as it is diffently made right decesion buying this car.... :twisted:
Old 10-15-2004, 08:20 AM

debating on buying one for myself, but would definitely do the drop & body kit...

Old 10-16-2004, 07:27 AM
5 Year Member

Default New here. Getting my XA RS Monday!

:D Can hardly wait until Monday!!!

I started a group for Scion XA RS 1.0 owners at http://groups.msn.com/ScionxARelease..._whatsnew.msnw
earlier tonight. I just came across this forum, but if anyone would like
to join the group at msn, come on over!
[/b]
Old 10-16-2004, 09:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

congratulations! I know exactly how you feel, I just picked mine up this past week.... you will definitely be happy that you made this decision
welcome! :D
Old 10-16-2004, 01:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Maybe I missed this, but does the RS1 come in automatic on only in stick?
Old 10-16-2004, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member

Default automatic xa rs

Thanks so much for the welcome #747!!! :D

eugovector, yes they do come in automatic.

Quick Reply: xA Release Series 1.0