Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

2.0 stroker kit

Old 09-29-2005, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 2.0 stroker kit

Can anyone tell me if the 2.0 stroker kit crank, rods, forged pistons for the scion xb really exist. If so where can I buy one.

Freddy
Old 09-30-2005, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would first like to know where you can find this kit & how much it cost? That is one hell of a kit to make a already stroked 1.3/1.5 gain another .5L. I say the 1.3, because we have a longer stroke of that engine. So for another .5L of displacement, I think it gets bored out & stroked even more. Also you got a double post going on, same question right below this one
Old 09-30-2005, 01:48 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

if this is true, i know what i'm doing.......
Old 09-30-2005, 06:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default stroker kit =more nos

What's up

Tomorrow I will find out from my local nitrous guy if he found the 2.0 stroker kit, he said he heard of it to. That's next on my list plus then I can go to a 75 or 100 shot of nos with forged rods and pistons plus more torque with that bigger crank. I hope the crank is steel so it can handle more nos, and some arp grade 8 bolts to keep things together.

Freddy
Old 09-30-2005, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

For the Opel 1.9 L engine, it requires an overbore of .90 and a stroke increase of 1/2" to get an extra .5 L. That type of change for a 1.5 L engine would be HUGE.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i honestly doubt a 2.0 from a 1.5. . . 1.7 seems in closer sight even 1.8 b/c that would be somewhat equal to the celica motor minus the weight gain
Old 10-03-2005, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Bigger bore and stroke

You can already do it with a Mitsubishi motor 1.5 to 2.0 , so you can do it. I will find out today for sure if any company sells it for the scion 1.5, by the way the new vette is a 5.7 punched out to 7.0 and 5.0 mustang can go to 5.9 liters.

Freddy
Old 10-03-2005, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Call me thomas, cuz i'm doubting....
would love to see it happen, even to 1.8
Old 10-03-2005, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was talking to shopaojoe and he only got to 1.78l and it blew within 2 months. . . and your not working on a mitsu motor your working on a toyota echo motor that was made for fuel economy. . . not big numbers
Old 10-03-2005, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Re: Bigger bore and stroke

Originally Posted by Freddy
You can already do it with a Mitsubishi motor 1.5 to 2.0 , so you can do it. I will find out today for sure if any company sells it for the scion 1.5, by the way the new vette is a 5.7 punched out to 7.0 and 5.0 mustang can go to 5.9 liters.

Freddy
And the price of tea in China is what, again?
Old 10-04-2005, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Default Re: Bigger bore and stroke

Originally Posted by superjeer

Freddy
And the price of tea in China is what, again?
lol...different animals
Old 10-04-2005, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default stroker = more nos

Just remember the flat head ford was't made for performance, when it first came out and they got 300 hp out of that motor. That's what hot rodding is all about, taking a car that wasn't made to go fast in the first place. Make some mods from mild to wild to go faster and in the process blow by some people who thought you car was slow it's called a sleeper.

It's alot of fun when you line up at the drag strip and the guy next to you thinks he's going to smoke you and you crush him, that's what I'm talking about.

I can have a custom crank, pistons, and rods made up if nobody makes it for the 1.5 x/b. By the way I know it's not a mitsubishi, vette or a stang. I was using that as an example to prove you can go from 1.5 to 2.0 it's not that big of a jump as some of you might think.

Think outside the box

Freddy
Old 10-04-2005, 10:08 PM
Banned
SL Member

You talk about the 5.0 and 5.7L motors, but they are v-8 motors...a lot less work meaning you have twice the area to work with...less of a bore and less length on a rod or crank when dealing with 8 as opposed to 4. I'm not saying it can't be done on a 1.5L 4 Cyl. but you are working with a lot less parts...more extreme changes need to be made. On the old VW motors, 1835cc was the biggest you could go with just pistons from a 1600cc, then with longer crank stroke you could go to over 2200cc, but not as reliable as just the piston/jug change. Good luck with it, but it may be costly. It might be more feasable to do a motor swap and I don't want to open that can of worms.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default It's for real

I talked to my engine builder and nos guy yesterday, the 2.0 stroker kit will be ready for sale at the end of year . Comes with forged pistons, forged rods, forged crank also arp bolts. The block gets sleeved and heli arc welded main caps with a stud griddle and will handle 150 shot of nos.

Iam getting one for sure plus now I can bump my nos from a 50 shot to 150 and not worry about stock cast pistons melting or kicking a rod out the bottom. The stroke and larger bore along should be worth 20-30 hp by its self plus 100 more nos. Going to need some fidanza axel shafts and some slicks for the track.

2006 is going to be a great year, plus lots of overtime to pay for that kit. No price for the kit for now ,but who cares I gotta have it.

Later

Freddy
Old 10-05-2005, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member

nos huh? lol. someone has been watching too much fast and furious. and a 150 shot of nitrous on a 120 hp motor? okie
Old 10-06-2005, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Huh?

Tweeter,

First of all a stock x/b is rated at 108hp for 05 and the 06 is now rated at 103, so I don't know where you get 120 from? On a stock motor you can use 50 shot of nitrous with the stock cast pistons. Iam upgrading to a forged rotating assembly so the motor can handle a 150 shot of nitrous.

Freddy
Old 10-07-2005, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member

Default Re: It's for real

I talked to my engine builder and nos guy yesterday, the 2.0 stroker kit will be ready for sale at the end of year . Comes with forged pistons, forged rods, forged crank also arp bolts. The block gets sleeved and heli arc welded main caps with a stud griddle and will handle 150 shot of nos.

Iam getting one for sure plus now I can bump my nos from a 50 shot to 150 and not worry about stock cast pistons melting or kicking a rod out the bottom. The stroke and larger bore along should be worth 20-30 hp by its self plus 100 more nos. Going to need some fidanza axel shafts and some slicks for the track.

2006 is going to be a great year, plus lots of overtime to pay for that kit. No price for the kit for now ,but who cares I gotta have it.

Later

Freddy
When you get a price for that, you let me know and where I can get it. I have been looking into stroker kits for my xB also. What about titanium rods, would they be better than forged?
Old 10-08-2005, 02:27 AM
5 Year Member

OK... So let's just say someone does spend all this time and money building a kit to stroke an already stroked 1.3 all the way out to a 2.0, Do you know how much head work you will have to do just to flow the air to support the larger stroke and bore? There isn't much to play with on the 1nz heads... I looked at them and had engine builders look at them too. For all the money you are going to have wrapped up in this, you could have already swapped to a boosted 4age, have a stronger engine, and make more power. Just my $.02 I have been down every road with the 1nz and they all end at the same point... great little engine for fuel conservation, but not designed to be a performer. -Eric
Old 10-08-2005, 03:30 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Stroker for x/b

Tweeter,

First things first, Iam not going to try and port these heads. I already have a blitz supercharger so I have plenty of air flow, next I have my own atmosphere with my nitrous which will pack even more air in the heads.

Colder intake charge more fits more air into the heads So the flow off the heads isn't an issue. Iam doing the stroker kit for more strength for the s/c and 150 shot of nitrous. Plus a bigger bore and stroke makes a little motor think it's bigger with more torque pus more hp.

The best part of doing this project is to take something not designed to perform and make it perform. Anyone with enough money can go fast just go to a dealer and drop your cash and turn the key. Whats the fun in that?

Plus one one will ever expect this kind of performance from this type of car. The whole point of any project is to hand pick your own parts and what you think will work. Make it work and when you are finished on to your next project.
That's what will make your car different from the same exact car.

Freddy
Old 10-08-2005, 09:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Default Re: Stroker for x/b

Tweeter,

First things first, Iam not going to try and port these heads. I already have a blitz supercharger so I have plenty of air flow, next I have my own atmosphere with my nitrous which will pack even more air in the heads.

Colder intake charge more fits more air into the heads So the flow off the heads isn't an issue. Iam doing the stroker kit for more strength for the s/c and 150 shot of nitrous. Plus a bigger bore and stroke makes a little motor think it's bigger with more torque pus more hp.

The best part of doing this project is to take something not designed to perform and make it perform. Anyone with enough money can go fast just go to a dealer and drop your cash and turn the key. Whats the fun in that?

Plus one one will ever expect this kind of performance from this type of car. The whole point of any project is to hand pick your own parts and what you think will work. Make it work and when you are finished on to your next project.
That's what will make your car different from the same exact car.

Freddy
your own atmosphere. um yeah ok. put down the bong and make sense. and you have a blitz s/c yet dont want more flow? um if you port the heads no matter hwta other mods you have you will have better flow. and yeah a supercharger doesnt change the amount of "flow" in the head just pushes air into the combustion chamber faster. makes sense. go actually learn what you're talking about and come back from mars.

oh and nitrous doesnt pack your cylinders with more air....... but i guess when you have your own slightly i mean REALLY , REALLY jaded "atmosphere" maybe ya do.........

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2.0 stroker kit