2004 xA Needs new Motor Mounts. Guides? Diagrams? - Scionlife.com

Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Old 09-12-2018, 06:12 PM   #1  

Default 2004 xA Needs new Motor Mounts. Guides? Diagrams?

My new-to-me 2004 xA has classic symptoms of motor mounts that need replacing- rough idle in drive and reverse, fine when under load, and a little chirp from the belt. I have been searching here and on YouTube for some kind of tutorial, but I cannot find a thing that will help me locate, identify and swap the mounts. Can anyone point me to a source where I could find some pictures, videos, or diagrams that can get me started? I think I can handle the job, but I need some kind of guide. Thanks in advance for any help.
Joshjani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:50 PM   #2  
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can try looking online for excerpts from the maintenance manuals but Toyota has likely seen to it that those aren't going to be easy to find when they sent out their 'Cease and Desist' notices to sites where some of their stuff was openly posted.

Another option is to go to Energy Suspension's website and look at the directions for their Scion xB motor mount bushing installation...it'll give you a decent idea of what you are getting into.

Energy Suspension Motor Mounts
MileHightC is offline   Reply With Quote