Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-drivetrain-power-1638/)
-   -   Buyers Guide: Scion xA/xB Intakes (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-drivetrain-power-1638/buyers-guide-scion-xa-xb-intakes-21568/)

jon-w9 06-23-2006 02:39 AM

Found it thanks.

I see the differences between the Injen/YDT and the Fujita is the location of the oil return breather. Has anybody had MAF problems with the Injen/YDR intakes or is this fear unjustified?

I guess this is where the catch can/resevoir would go, right?

hayalex6 06-23-2006 02:47 AM

no problems here with my Injen, which is exactly like the YDR, but $100 more!

I've put 7k miles on my injen w/o any issues.

RTon20s 06-23-2006 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by evilBOXevil
redfins, there was nothing wrong with your post.

Don't take it personally. See, if you click on RTon20s profile thingy on the left ,and then click on his post counter in his profile- it will show you all posts made by him....You will see that our friend has no real problem with you, or your posts. He likes to be inflammatory. This is just what he does here.

Say what you want about me and my posts. I am probably one of the most helpful people on the xB forums currently on this site. If you don't believe me take a stroll over to one of those many posts you pointed out as inflammatory.

Sure I have a straight forward nature, and I don't mince words. Some people like it and understand it, others don't. Then there are the folks on here who feel the need to play the role of "Cpt. Save-a-ho." That is fine, by me. Each of us has our own personality and own way to contribute.

Bottom line to this whole thing? I would bet my car, and my wife's xB on the fact that the Volant intake system doesn't make anywhere close to the 18hp and 40 ft/lbs. Whether you like how I state that or not.

evilBOXevil 06-23-2006 08:26 PM

No offense intended, bro. I like your posts.

Chimmy3 06-24-2006 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by RTon20

Originally Posted by evilBOXevil
redfins, there was nothing wrong with your post.

Don't take it personally. See, if you click on RTon20s profile thingy on the left ,and then click on his post counter in his profile- it will show you all posts made by him....You will see that our friend has no real problem with you, or your posts. He likes to be inflammatory. This is just what he does here.

Say what you want about me and my posts. I am probably one of the most helpful people on the xB forums currently on this site. If you don't believe me take a stroll over to one of those many posts you pointed out as inflammatory.

Sure I have a straight forward nature, and I don't mince words. Some people like it and understand it, others don't. Then there are the folks on here who feel the need to play the role of "Cpt. Save-a-ho." That is fine, by me. Each of us has our own personality and own way to contribute.

Bottom line to this whole thing? I would bet my car, and my wife's xB on the fact that the Volant intake system doesn't make anywhere close to the 18hp and 40 ft/lbs. Whether you like how I state that or not.

okies easy... ppl... I'd prefer no lock on thread... the tags would be a PITA to put back in. Then again... I guess starting over wouldn't be too bad.

Originally Posted by redfins
Install Easy....Did Have To Make A Gasket For mas Sensor Instructions Were Limitted......You Only Need Common Sense......The Instructions Said Thier Was A Gasket For Mas Sensor.....Didnt See One yet My Gasket Is Probley Better.......About 30 to 40 minutes......Gains vUp To 18 horsepower...40 ftlbs Torque Carb Certified 50 States.......Per Thier Statement...I Feel It Helps A Lot........Look On The Web volant You Can Get Quite Bit Info At Various Sites

Not to add fuel to the fire but... I have yet to see a CARB EO for the Scion xB Volant Intake. So its definately not 50 State Legal.

So, Rton20 is probably right, those claims are for across volant's line, not every Volant intake. Twiddler couldn't even make 124? hp NA in his post. I doubt any intake would add 40 ft/lb of torque and 18 hp on a an xb.

Kremtok 06-24-2006 04:39 AM

I agree with the no flaming sentiment. Let's keep this about intakes. If you dispute what another has to say, please do so respectfully.

Nozerider 06-28-2006 05:25 AM

This needs to be updated badly.

Big_Bird 06-29-2006 04:45 AM

anyone know when you should service your Injen sri, for the xB?

k_dub 07-04-2006 12:09 AM

I need to get one.
Holla at me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

k_dub 07-04-2006 02:17 AM

A, people how can i get on of the short rams?
Holla at me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hayalex6 07-04-2006 02:47 AM

mm, yeah.... if I understand you correctly, you want to find a short ram intake.

Well depending on which one you prefer, search Google, or this site, to see if there are any FS in private party or sponsored section.

k_dub 07-05-2006 06:09 PM

The K an N.
Or the injen.
Holla!!!!!!!!!!!

BozzMan 07-14-2006 01:50 AM

will the volant fit in the xA?

jct 07-14-2006 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by BozzMan
will the volant fit in the xA?

i really doubt it :(

jct 07-14-2006 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by k_dub
The K an N.
Or the injen.
Holla!!!!!!!!!!!

which ever is cheaper

hookupman 07-26-2006 01:46 AM

i have a brand new hotchkis strut bar for sale only $75 if your interested there cursedpumpkin

hayalex6 07-26-2006 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by hookupman
i have a brand new hotchkis strut bar for sale only $75 if your interested there cursedpumpkin

]] :eyebrow:

hookupman 07-26-2006 02:19 AM

???

redfins 08-04-2006 09:24 PM

bump

Reactor 08-24-2006 03:18 AM

Isn't it time to add PERRIN yet? I see more and more of them, personally dont like the look of it , but to see a nice professional write up would be good. Are thay worth it?