Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-drivetrain-power-1638/)
-   -   cai and exhaust (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-drivetrain-power-1638/cai-exhaust-186861/)

xrs_racer 05-16-2010 05:24 AM

cai and exhaust

Not new here but new to the car. I just bought my wife an 2006 xb and i wanna do a little work to it. I dont wanna drop it cause my wife dont know how to drive cars that are low so i just want some little mods to it. I was looking at all the cai and exhaust and i dont know what are the best combination for the two. I like the fujita cai and the injen cause how the piping goes by your engine then down. I was also listening to the magnaflow exhaust systems and it didnt sound that bad too but still want some good hp gain. I know it wont gain alot but little more then the others but still good sound to it. Are those two a good combo? It also need to be California legal you know what im saying. Any info will help. Thx

frogbox 05-16-2010 05:58 PM

There are no C.A.R.B. approved intakes for the '06 Scion xB.

They have a charcol filter in them similar to the tC.

There are a few threads about it here( cold air intake for 06)

BigJohnXa 05-16-2010 06:03 PM

I would do the Injen colda air and the Injen exhaust but if you want I have an Injen exhaust for sale for 300 plus shipping

xrs_racer 05-17-2010 09:40 PM

Any sound clip of the injen exhaust? I try to find it on YouTube but can't find any

VIP_CAMO 05-19-2010 10:27 PM

get a cai that has a carb # on it 04/05 problem solved on the legal part.Also if you are going to do those 2 i would add a header while your at it.it really makes the car feel good lol..Also im running a strup v1 axle back,meagan header(no carb #) and a injen sri and i passed smog with no issues, smog and visual wise..

BigJohnXa 05-20-2010 03:06 AM

sorry cant find a video but its not real loud but has a nice deep tone to it

jcXB 05-30-2010 04:40 AM

I have the Injen exhaust combined with Fujita Short Ram intake and OBX 4-2-1 headers. I just dropped my car on TRD springs (great springs btw) and I got Volk GT-A rims. I have to say that the Injen exhaust is awesome. It is louder (but not by much) and deeper than the TRD exhaust. If you guys want I can probably post a video of it in the next 2 weeks or so when I get my camera to work. I'm not sure when, but I do have pictures that I can upload as well.

ajcadoo 05-30-2010 07:05 AM

Yeah, you cant legally install an intake on an 06, due to the air box attached to the stock intake. however, you can install one anyway. I would suggest a short ram intake to make install of stock easier for smog check (if you dont pass). Then just go for any exhaust, most sound satisfying enough. there are no horsepower gains from strictly an intake and exhaust job. you must go for a full exhaust piping install for such results