Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Dash light-VSC, ABS, Trac off, Brake -ABS computer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 11:50 PM

Default Dash light-VSC, ABS, Trac off, Brake -ABS computer?

I jumped my car with cheap cables. They caught fire. I swear I didn't attach them backwards. That is neither here nor there , anyway. AAA came and successfully jumped the car later.
Dash light-VSC, ABS, Trac off, Brake are all on now. Car runs fine otherwise. My mechanic says trouble code suggests I need to replace a central ABS module control of some sort (not a wheel unit).
He says this is a 1000$ Toyota part. I cant find any info on this . I went to Autozone and borrowed a reader but this code isn't going to show up on a basic reader, apparently.
I generally trust my mechanic. He says he is looking around at junkyards to find this module for me. He used to work for Lexus so I think he is legit.
Anybody have a situation like this? Any advice ? Should I just live with it , since its a 2005 with 93000 miles ? Seems like replacing this part will stop dash lights and get my ABS working , but this will cost 1/2 the value of the car.
I really screwed myself
But I was lucky the guy's Volvo jump car didn't catch fire for too long. What a horrible day! But I was somewhat lucky. Never buy cheap cables.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 07-30-2018 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator