Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-drivetrain-power-1638/)
-   -   Do I need to worry about the Blue Temp Warning Light? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-drivetrain-power-1638/do-i-need-worry-about-blue-temp-warning-light-191868/)

beachdad 08-18-2010 10:51 PM

Do I need to worry about the Blue Temp Warning Light?

Hi...

New to Scion xB and loving it! Bought a 2006 with 75K -- most fun car I've ever owned. My son thinks it's beyond cool. He and my wife call it "the Box" or "the Toaster."

When I start it cold, I get the Blue Temp Warning Light. Is this problem? Or is it normal?

Thanks!

___

Murphys_Law 08-18-2010 10:55 PM

dont have a box but temp lights are never good,take it to autozone and have them run the codes, its free

beachdad 08-18-2010 10:58 PM

thanks!

RevolutionAutomotive 08-18-2010 11:17 PM

NO no no no..
The engine is just cold.. let it run and warm up. It will go away.. the xA's and xB's have this light.. Its just telling you not to race the engine because its cold.

frogbox 08-18-2010 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Murphys_Law (Post 3658868)
dont have a box but temp lights are never good,take it to autozone and have them run the codes, its free

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

True Fail Inc. from Texas

Just a light to tell you it is not warmed up yet , nothing to be afraid of , unless it turns RED just like Revolution said.

CanxB 08-19-2010 12:29 AM

I believe it is used for the emission testing, They shouldn't test until the vehicle is up to normal operating temperature.
Blue light = below normal operating temp.
No light = normal operating temp.
Red light = above normal operating temp.
Flashing Red light = stop vehicle and turn off!

No worries running with the blue light, just don't open it up to highway speed or fast accelleration until up to temperature, but I'm sure you knew that already.

Murphys_Law 08-19-2010 12:59 AM

How the hell would I know about a xB/xD/xA, I was just saying lights are usually bad and that AutoZone can pull Codes if you think you have a problem.

burstaneurysm 08-19-2010 02:27 AM

Yea, no big deal. According to my scangauge, when the water temp hits 137 degrees, it's done warming up. While the car is cold, it will prevent the transmission from going into overdrive. It's just there to protect the engine from working too hard before the coolant is nice and warm.

JD Huyler 08-19-2010 07:07 AM

I gotta admit I was thrown off by this the first time I drove it. Well I didn't notice it the first time I drove it, but the first night I had it I did, and it was at night, and I hadn't driven it in hours. So I noticed it, and panicked, but then I put it together that a blue temperature light naturally means cold, and then I realized the light went off after a couple minutes. I usually warm it up first time I drive it for the day until the light goes off.

beachdad 08-19-2010 12:33 PM

That's what I was hoping. Thanks for the fast replies!

Haybale 12-24-2012 10:59 PM

That's what I figured....

buickid 12-25-2012 03:50 AM

Just means the engine isn't up to operating temperature yet. No need to warm up an engine by letting it idle. Just drive casually until the light turns off, thats the fastest way to warm it up, also manufacturer recommended.

Archangel1183 01-08-2013 07:03 AM

Old thread but this is asked often. Heck, I had to look it up when I just got my car. This should be stickied or put in an XA/XB Q&A.

ThomasFromTN 04-10-2021 11:37 PM

All due respect to Murphy's Law...you gave "advice" predicated upon a tenor of expression that strongly insinuated first hand knowledge, when it seems it was in fact based upon speculation. More to the point...social media seems rampant with instances where information of the "The sky is falling!" orientation lends to creating a climate where reliance upon advice obtained to address given issues becomes difficult if not impossible to deconstruct for viable import. Perhaps you meant well...but prefacing, particularly, the more radical posit with a disclaimer of it being informed by somewhat incomplete support seems to me how to better cultivate the audience view that future arguments can more "optimistically" be regarded as grounded in substantive experience or knowledge. Just one man's opinion.

MR_LUV 04-11-2021 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by [b
ThomasFromTN;4306376]All due respect to Murphy's Law...you gave "advice" predicated upon a tenor of expression that strongly insinuated first hand knowledge, when it seems it was in fact based upon speculation. More to the point...social media seems rampant with instances where information of the "The sky is falling!" orientation lends to creating a climate where reliance upon advice obtained to address given issues becomes difficult if not impossible to deconstruct for viable import. Perhaps you meant well...but prefacing, particularly, the more radical posit with a disclaimer of it being informed by somewhat incomplete support seems to me how to better cultivate the audience view that future arguments can more "optimistically" be regarded as grounded in substantive experience or knowledge. Just one man's opinion.

With All due respect to ThomasFromTN.

You are giving advice to Murphy's Law, who hasn't been on this Site for over 7-1/2 years and is unlikely to respond to your criticism.
Perhaps you meant well. ..but prefacing, particularly, the more radical posit with a disclaimer of it being informed by somewhat incomplete support seems to me how to better
cultivate the audience view that future arguments can more "optimistically" be regarded as grounded in substantive experience or knowledge. Just one man's opinion.

Administrator

____