Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-drivetrain-power-1638/)
-   -   do you guys spin your wheels in 3rd gear too? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-drivetrain-power-1638/do-you-guys-spin-your-wheels-3rd-gear-too-1022/)

eric_m 12-18-2003 08:15 PM

do you guys spin your wheels in 3rd gear too?

well, as some of you know, i put my stock suspension back on my car, along with my stock wheels and tires. the ride is nice even though my car looks raised compared to when i had it really low. anyway, i don't have any engine mods except the SPFR intake. you know, the one that gives 1hp. anyway, i noticed that in addition to spinning my wheels easily in first gear with traction control on, i can also sping my wheels shifting into second, and sometimes into third if i'm going straight and take it up to redline in second gear. this is all with traction control on. and my tires are still in good condition. not bald or anything.

can you guys do that too, or could it be that the SPFR intake actually does make more than 1hp over stock? because i could barely spin the wheels shifting to second gear when i first got the car and had my stock intake.

scionaraxb 12-18-2003 08:24 PM

imagine how tough it is for me to keep from spinning my tires..I have the AEM that makes 3 times what your intake makes! :wink:

showpaojoe 12-18-2003 08:27 PM

I haven't done that with the intakes I've tried and I go to redline. Guess I gotta try the spfr one now

Mr_scion 12-18-2003 11:17 PM

cant saying n-e thing about spinnnig but y did u take the bags off?

eric_m 12-19-2003 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mr scion
cant saying n-e thing about spinnnig but y did u take the bags off?

because i just realized that i'm white and i just can't fake the funk anymore.

12-19-2003 06:03 PM

I used to do that with my stocks and my exhaust, but since I have had my 18s on I can only screeh on a good day! :D I still love it.

Scionic 12-19-2003 06:08 PM

I get chirps in 1st and 2nd but not in 3rd....and isn't torque what makes wheels chirp not HP?

12-19-2003 07:09 PM

I thought it was all in the shifting quick enough. All in the wrist baby! I 'm sure the guys with the short shifter do it easier. :D

Vegasscion 12-19-2003 07:46 PM

Eric what did you do with your air bag setup?

Mark

hahajoey 12-19-2003 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Vegasscion
Eric what did you do with your air bag setup?

Mark

its for sale.. its a SUPER GOOD DEAL!
1100 bucks!
man if i had that cash or close to it i'd pick it up in a second...

hey eric... how r u faking the funk?
u figure BUNCH of white guys have bagz on their "trucks"
and u know it.. S10 XTREME is like the white guy's civic(asian-wise).
u know it! hahhaa whats next for your icecream truck?

TheRedBox 12-24-2003 07:43 PM

Must be a socal thing

PushyTop 12-27-2003 01:14 AM

Spinning wheels

For some odd reason, Toyota's traction control unit isn't as aggressive as it needs to be, or should be. It allows too much wheelspin (and the VSC isn't as active as it should be, either!). I've also heard this complaint from owners of Lexus RX300 FWD, that the traction control is pretty much useless. My tires spin relentlessly, especially in a left turn from a start on a wet road, as if it has no traction control. I just keep the pedal to the floor and steer, hoping that the little abmer icon of the swerving car means that the system is doing something other than being only a reminder that road conditions are slippery.
SAAB makes a fabulous traction control system!

DibujoB 12-27-2003 01:27 AM

I can get 'em chirping in second with my 1hp SPFR intake, but I haven't even really tried to in 3rd.

But all this is besides the point, when you take into consideration how great your avatar is! I love it! I think I like that one better than the Olson twins one!