Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Door AJAR light stays on

Old 12-12-2018, 10:25 PM

Default Door AJAR light stays on

Just bought a 04 Scion xB automatic, the light was not on when I bought the car, one morning opened the door and rear tail gate hatch and the light never came off after closing all doors, I already lubed all contacts, tighten the grounds on the rear hatch door, unscrew and re tighten all door switches, don’t think it’s a fuse, if it is what fuse would it be? Can’t find anything online; tried opening and closing all doors multiple times, unplugging battery, taking out the ecu fuse. Heard somewhere it could be the rear hatch door switch? Not sure. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 01-21-2019, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your best diagnostic test will be to carefully remove each door switch, remove the plug on the back, and test between the contacts with a multimeter set to resistance or continuity. Check each with the switch "open" and then "closed". If you see one switch not having a difference in resistance/continuity between open and closed, that is your bad switch. If you check all the door switches and they all test out OK, then you're most likely looking at a failed hatch switch, which may be built into the latch assembly and might have to be replaced as a unit.

Originally Posted by mlam90
Just bought a 04 Scion xB automatic, the light was not on when I bought the car, one morning opened the door and rear tail gate hatch and the light never came off after closing all doors, I already lubed all contacts, tighten the grounds on the rear hatch door, unscrew and re tighten all door switches, don’t think it’s a fuse, if it is what fuse would it be? Can’t find anything online; tried opening and closing all doors multiple times, unplugging battery, taking out the ecu fuse. Heard somewhere it could be the rear hatch door switch? Not sure. Any help would be appreciated!