Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-drivetrain-power-1638/)
-   -   GI:MOTOR FX ITB part2 (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-drivetrain-power-1638/gi-motor-fx-itb-part2-109418/)

Motor-FX 07-26-2007 09:42 AM

GI:MOTOR FX ITB part2

I.T.B. = Individual Throttle Bodies; commonly found on high performance and/or race engines.
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...der/xA_itb.jpg
improves power, torque, overall acceleration and throttle response with OUT the headaches of forced induction

Well some of you might know that MOTOR FX has been developing a BOLT-ON itb set up to fit the first gen xA/xB.

basically the mechanical parts has been done over a year now, but full bolt on production was delayed because we needed to figure out the best electronics to use on the car but also keeping the entire KIT cost down.

We are glad to announce that the ITB kit will SOON be a COMPLETE bolt-on including the following items:

-itb kit
-intake manifold adapter
-throttle cable relocator/adapter
-velocity stacks
-and pre-tuned electronics
-all install hardware
-instruction manual

Making our kit the 1st and ONLY complete bolt on ITB kit in the market today available for SCION xA and xB!

we are still debating whether to offer the stacks as polished or satin silver finish
we are planning on making both a manual and automatic tranny campatible ITB kit
iprce point is still undetermined but it will be cheaper than forced induction for sure
and we are expecting about a 30HP gain and a bit more TQ over stock + factor in your basic bolt ons, the car should run like a champ (featherweight champ)

any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to chime in

+NOTE: this item is not yet available nor is it for sale at this point, just intro to see if we get good response so we can go ahead and complete the project+

thank you

Boxer_Rebellion 07-26-2007 11:18 AM

Can't wait... many of us have been waiting for a real alternative to FI. Just comes down to price... keep it well under $2k and it'll sell like hotcakes.
Any plans for xB2/TC's in the future?

Tercel95 07-26-2007 02:40 PM

As long as I could verify that there would be no CEL's or problems with the way the car runs I would absolutely buy one of these kits.

JSosa 07-26-2007 04:40 PM

Sorry to sound skeptical, but how can you make 30+ HP with just an ITB setup?? I know all the great things about ITB's, ive been following your kit around for a while, but i just dont understand how velocity stack on a 1.5L can produce so much power. If anybody can help me out with this, please do!

Motor-FX 07-26-2007 07:20 PM

the car will be tested on both the street and the dyno

as far as CELs we will be pre tuning the electronics and we will make sure that it wont happen

as far as the 30HP, that is only an estimate, we will dyno tune the car to see "real world" performance gains with a dyno sheet to back it up

thanx

MattyRattyPoo 07-26-2007 07:24 PM

Good info Coi!!

tC9o9 07-26-2007 07:25 PM

are you back in business now?

emokid158 07-26-2007 07:35 PM

this is the first i've actually read about itb's, i've seen them, but never knew what they did.

this setup cancels out an air filter/intake right?
so...would the car pass smog? i know it can't be carb legal.

tC9o9 07-26-2007 07:37 PM

it replaces the intake/filter and would make your car not carb legal, but it may pass smog.

but honestly, the sound of ITB's is just amazing, even on an xA.

TCpete 07-26-2007 07:39 PM

any plans for the tc?!?!

Gaps720 07-26-2007 08:35 PM

i'm totally interested... i want something more reliable than a turbo AND I LIKE IT LOUD!

superboxcarxb 07-26-2007 08:53 PM

I WOULD BUY ONE IF IT WAS EVER AVAILABLE

i plan on keeping my box for a "while".

stickslikevelcro 07-26-2007 11:11 PM

I'm definitely interested! I'd love to see a dyno sheet before you guys put the kit to market. As previously stated, hopefully it won't throw a CEL and will pass smog.

jct 07-26-2007 11:47 PM

so whats the fuel economy on this set up hopefuly it'll stay the same or better just hope its not crummy

streetlethalxb 07-27-2007 01:22 AM

me want

fcastle11 07-27-2007 02:01 AM

I've been following this since you first posted this up Coi. I hope everything works out. I can't wait to hear how it sounds and a dyno plot. I have an Auto so if it hits 130, it's cool w/me. Now that you'll have engine management w/it. I can consider it fully.

987KEITH 07-27-2007 02:02 AM

i'm in

Motor-FX 07-27-2007 08:56 AM

yes everyone, with the NEW electronics set up passing SMOG is totally acceptable, maybe NOT the visual but the sniffer it will

it will NOT throw any CEL

and we are developing an Auto and Manual trans kit

we will also consider offering performance packages as well (+header, +full exh etc.)

we are also planning a tC kit soon after the xA/xB kit gets released

we will also be testing fuel economy as well

as far as business, we never stopped doing business, we just moved and had a lot of set backs inbetween

we are also looking for a "bone stock" manual tranny xB for testing (pm me if interested)

-stay tuned-

THANK YOU

TCpete 07-27-2007 01:36 PM

oh oh ITB tc... im in that for sure!!! count me in on a tc ITB setup

Big_Bird 07-27-2007 01:39 PM

*watches*