Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-drivetrain-power-1638/)
-   -   JIC exhaust (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-drivetrain-power-1638/jic-exhaust-625/)

dzcustom 11-15-2003 02:19 AM

JIC exhaust

I was thinking about geting the JIC exhaust that is listed for $355 on this web site. Does anyone have any comments about the quality, power, sound, etc. on this exhaust. Does it have deep sound?

dzcustom
dzobel@hotmail.com

showpaojoe 11-15-2003 02:23 AM

Atleast try and find it cheaper. You didn't look at all if you want it for that price.

scionracerxb 11-15-2003 05:10 AM

You should check out the TRD exhaust...it comes with a custom tip...sounds good...and has a chrome muffler.

check out the picks and sound clip on my site

http://home.earthlink.net/~scionracer

:wink:

Ad-roc 11-15-2003 03:56 PM

I have the JIC exhaust. The sound is a nice deep tone. It is louder then the TRD and will get silent at 3.5 rpms. The high end is where you will notice increase in it but on these little cars thats were you will notice it all. Well worth it. Best sounding exhaust out there.

Ad-roc

Docofmind 11-15-2003 04:43 PM

I have their titanium system on my S2000 along with their FLTA2 coil overs. While their quality is good, there customer service is crap. I have had major headaches this year trying to work things out with my customers who bought JIC products from me.

If you need any specific info on any of their products, let me know, i ll be glad to help you.

11-15-2003 04:44 PM

there is a shop next to me that sells the JIC stuff. I saw the strut bar in person. Dam man they got some quality stuff! You should come over and check them out.

izzles 11-22-2003 05:36 PM

Go price shopping and see I hear that exhaust is real good ....the TRD exhaust is crap I hear...My frined has that exhaust and has had his bumber changed out twice cause it has melted his bumper....

monkeychopkick 11-25-2003 01:15 AM

How loud is the exhaust? Do you have to keep the silencer on for it to be bearable? I like the quality, but am not interested in my Xb sounding like a full race car....

SGVside 11-26-2003 08:26 AM

In my opinion, i would choose the JIC exhaust over the TRD exhaust. The JIC exhuast is more styling and bolder. Looks more like a race exhuast.

Try other brands like Blitz, Tanabe, and other Japanese brands.

11-26-2003 03:45 PM

I would use the trd muffler, the JIC is pretty loud. And if someone melts their bumber, that mean they are racing the crap out of their car. Mufflers on our cars don't get hot enough to melt the bumber unless we are racing 24/7

izzles 11-26-2003 03:56 PM

My friends first encounter with his muffler was when we were going to Vegas....by the time we got there it was melted ...and I believe the second time was driving to Hunnington beach...that man has a automatic...I believe that spells slow!!!!..But the JIC just looks more styling as well....

11-26-2003 08:29 PM

mmmm....Interesting. I wonder if the muffler was too close to the bumper.

NCP31 11-29-2003 06:02 AM

I've had the JIC axleback on my bB for a few months now. Fits perfectly and won't melt your bumper. The sound is perfect with the silencer in. Nice low tone that quiets down alot above 4K rpm. It drones too much for my taste without the silencer.

Casey from Modacar has the TRD muffler. It's a little quieter than the JIC, but looks cheap and unimpressive in my opinion. His gasket deteriorated which caused the clamp to loosen and the muffler tip ended up resting against the bumper. One drive was long enough to melt it.

I say go with the JIC. :)

izzles 11-29-2003 03:56 PM

Yeah we thought that the first time Ken....but the second time was just to much for him....He is ____ed about that.....this would be his second lip in third lip since August....

drew808 02-11-2006 05:33 PM

what is the diff between rear section and axle back? i ordered the jic spartan type 1 sus rear section but the parts guy said the box was huge i hade to pay for over sized shipping.

hPower 02-11-2006 07:08 PM

I've seen the JIC on a friend's xB and thought it looked and sounded pretty good as well. I say go for it :)

drew808 02-12-2006 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by drew808
what is the diff between rear section and axle back? i ordered the jic spartan type 1 sus rear section but the parts guy said the box was huge i hade to pay for over sized shipping.

can anyone tell me what is the difference to this question?

gnar-de-gwar 02-12-2006 07:08 AM

no difference, rear section is a cooler way to say axle back. exhaust boxes are pretty huge, when I got my now discountined Precision Muffler Gen2, the at LEAST 4 feet

drew808 02-12-2006 07:21 AM

thanks

JSosa 02-12-2006 01:31 PM

ive heard that the JIC exhuast can be VERY loud if you dont use the silencer, dont get the TRD its not that good of a muffler, i mean there are about 7 -8 different choices, do some research and choose well, i would recommend the borla or the strup....