Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

mufflers

Old 09-20-2003, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlueBox
I have a quick question...

I just want to install a muffler...not the whole cat back at this time. Is there any decent and nice looking "bolt-on" muffler for the xB?

Looking for something that has a throaty deep sound ..rather than a high pitch screamer.

Let me know...
Blitz Nur-Spec rear piece only axle back exhaust. It's bolt on, no idea on the sound, but Blitz is supposed to be really good.

I've seen online dealers selling it for $300-350 + shipping.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by DoNuT

Blitz Nur-Spec rear piece only axle back exhaust. It's bolt on, no idea on the sound, but Blitz is supposed to be really good.

I've seen online dealers selling it for $300-350 + shipping.
hey...does anyone here have a BLITZ NUR SPEC rear only muffler? cuz their website claims that with just the rear only bolt-on muffler..there's a 5-20HP gain...

they retail for $330 for the xB, but i've found this site that sells for $289

http://nextcollection.com/html/ORD-A...15660-none.cfm

it's a nice looking muffler...but how's the sound?
Old 09-24-2003, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

20hp gain? sure there is. get it and smoke us all!!
Old 09-24-2003, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by eric m.
20hp gain? sure there is. get it and smoke us all!!
here's the excerpt from blitz website...for the NUR SPEC rear only...

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
The BLITZ® NÜR - Spec Series exhaust systems are available as direct bolt-on replacements for OEM exhaust systems. Our exhaust reduces back pressure and thermal stress. This allows the engine to create more power and torque by breathing easier. By utilizing extensive computer controlled design, flow analysis, dyno testing, and precise fitment BLITZ® exhaust systems produce maximum horsepower without dramatically reducing low-end torque.

The quality of the BLITZ® stainless steel exhausts is second to none. Rated as the highest quality, our exhausts perform as well as they look. Unlike conventional exhaust systems, BLITZ® exhausts utilize a slanted mounting design which eliminates unnecessary bends. The specially designed muffler and large diameter mandrel bent piping has no reduction of inner diameter in bend areas. The constant piping diameter size allows for superior exhaust flow superior then compared to crush bent piping.The most impressive feature of our exhaust system is the quiet tone with the silencer on, and its aggressive tone with the silencer removed. Performance increases very by application (gains of 5 - 20 horsepower are average). BLITZ® exhaust systems are designed for maximum performance, improved appearance, and an aggressive tone.

There are two types of BLITZ® NÜR - Spec Series exhaust systems available, the NÜR - Spec which is a rear section only exhaust, and the NÜR - Spec R which is a cat back system. The NÜR - Spec R system comes in two parts. This version also has a removable silencer for road / track use. Because the full system removes the silencer, it produces a fairly loud, deep sporty note.

Each BLITZ® exhaust is flanged and comes complete with all gaskets and hardwear. Providing the easiest bolt-on installation possible. All BLITZ® exhaust systems utilize factory mounting points and hangar locations. A fine balance of looks, power, and durability has been achieved through full stainless steel construction finished in a show quality shine.

PRODUCT IFORMATION

SCION
MT2210 xA NCP61 2003 ~ 50.8mm $380.00
67001 xB NCP30,31 2003 ~ 50.8mm $330.00

UNIVERSAL
MPP704 Universal Muffler 70mm $270.00
MPP804 Universal Muffler 80mm $270.00
MP2104 Muffler Baffler (silencer) $50.00
Old 09-24-2003, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

hey, i believe you. i just don't believe them. trust me on this one. you aren't going to make 20hp by removing your entire exhaust on a scion. you aren't even going to make 5hp with an axle back. sorry. but it will sound cool.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

bummer... i was expecting atleast 5HP gain... damn BLITZ
Old 09-25-2003, 01:50 AM

Just wait until I get my Dyno, it wi;ll show the gain. Scionara might take my car to get dyno ed.

Old 10-03-2003, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

2fixa: good point i have no dyno experience with stock exhaust . but i have seen the lenght of pipe after the collector affecting power &or torque. smaller engines are more sensetive to changes. longer pipes = lower power , short pipes = highend power . add a cat and f!@$ i don't know

sammy phsyco

just because you see them dosen't mean they aren't watching
Old 10-03-2003, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by eric m.
hey, i believe you. i just don't believe them. trust me on this one. you aren't going to make 20hp by removing your entire exhaust on a scion. you aren't even going to make 5hp with an axle back. sorry. but it will sound cool.
I agree....They are probably failing to mention that the 20hp is on their cat back system mated to a turbo car with an upgrade.
Old 10-03-2003, 09:11 AM
5 Year Member

Default loudness

anyone know how loud the exhaust is without the silencer?
Old 10-04-2003, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Blue: you gotta note that Blitz did mention that the hp gains are 5-20hp "depending on application." On a Scion, replacing the rear muffler section will probably net you a gain of 2-5hp at most depending on what exhaust system you go with. Cars that can gain 20hp or more from just a cat-back exhaust are usually the turbocharged ones that come with really restrictive stock systems from the factory.