Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Power Enterprises' Scion Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Power Enterprises' Scion Supercharger

at the pomona show...i saw the Power Enterprises xB...and i noticed that it had a superchager...soo i spoke wit the rep...he said that it was adding about 20-30 extra ponies w/o an exhaust...we spoke very quickly cause i had to go pick up my gurl...anways...he gave me the web site...and i visited HighOnScion.com...still under construction...but i sent them an email...asking for information about the superchager...here is their response...

"Thanks for your interest. the supercharger kit is from Power
enterprises. We
installed the First One in the US,It works very well on 91 Octane Fuel.
No
ECU changes are required, just Fuel Pressure Reg and Punp change. We
have
large,wide 18" wheels on the car with a lot of mass and weight and when
tested with a stock scion exhuast we are making 123hp at the wheels at
4750RPM. We have just Returned from the car being shown in the Rosen
Ent.
Booth at CES las Vegas, and will finish the Dyno testing shortly and
should
expect around 140HP at the wheels when using stock exhaust during the
test
at 6000/6100 Rpm. This system has logged over 200,000 miles on the
Japanesee
Power Entprises Automatic Scion xb in Japan and produces the numbers we
expect in the usa version. Cost is approx $3485.00 usd. and will be
released
as soon as we have completed our testing program. We will be offering
the
system to dealers and the public thru our HighonScion.com site shortly.
Stay
Tuned."

Just thought i'd share...cause i'm excited...but the price is kinda scary...anyone how knows about S/C...is that what they normally cost? or is that cause its a scion and its new? input please...thanks...
Old 01-14-2004, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

this is the car:

Old 01-14-2004, 04:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and that is the superchager...

does that figure sound correct...3500 for a SC? 3500 for about 20-30 hp gain...does that sound like alot...thats more than $100 per horse gained...way more than 100...what do you guys/gals think?
Old 01-14-2004, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Finally!! Power Enterprise is coming for the xB! Woohoo! I love PE's stuff. They are great company with great products. Thanks for the heads up, DJFrost! As far as pricing yeah Superchargers are generally a bit more expensive than Turbos but the Superchargers are also generally a lot easier to maintain and install. I would personally definitely consider purchasing this.

Edit: Oh and those last two photos are taken directly from PE's web site for the bB supercharger.

http://www.power-enterprise.co.jp/

http://www.power-enterprise.co.jp/ca...00sc/index.htm
Old 01-14-2004, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well at least i know someone has heard good things of PE...i've never heard of them...but i have had my eye on them since they announced the idea of a SC for out xB...soo that isnt a bad price? why does the SC require as much maintence as a tubro?
Old 01-14-2004, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds good. Kinda pricey. I'm kinda wanting a carb # to be safe. I was scared to drive by cops in my DSM :oops: ... But so far so good, can't wait to see final #'s when the car gets tuned and adds the basic parts on.. TOO BAD THAT CAR IS BUTT UGLY.
Old 01-15-2004, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Default power enterprise

the superchargers been avail for a long time now, just no one wanted to get it. fyi if you do want it, call rbmotoring, and ask for my boy victor tell him mike ma sent u =)

Mike
Old 01-15-2004, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

I likey but i still want a turbo i think will have to wait for numbers and per
But just think sc with stock was about 123 what will it do with ecu upgrade
that has been tuned and header with high flow cat and exhaust? :shock:
but hell a blow off valve on a turbo sure would be fun !
Old 01-15-2004, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

hmm imagine the evetual supercharger vs. turbocharger showdown! That will be a red letter day for us all.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Hmmm.... P.E. S/C or the TRD S/C..... can anyone give me a professional comparison?

Doc
Old 01-15-2004, 02:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can always expect to pay around $3500 more or less for a supercharger or turbo upgrade. Turbo will probably give you a better power gain with the right components. It all just depends on how much money you have to spend.
Old 01-15-2004, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DjFrOsT
Well at least i know someone has heard good things of PE...i've never heard of them...but i have had my eye on them since they announced the idea of a SC for out xB...soo that isnt a bad price? why does the SC require as much maintence as a tubro?
As Exclusive said, that's about an average price for a supercharger. As far as why it's easier...well the simplest answer would be that the supercharger is less complex than turbo setups so there's less that could go wrong, thus there's less that could theoretically go wrong (whether with neglect, age, or stress upon the components).

Quad - hehe yeah but there hasn't been a PE supercharger out for the xb! :D
Old 01-15-2004, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

To answer your questions:

Price - yes, that is a fair price.

PE - a respectable company with quality products. However, I would go with Blitz because it comes with ECU; you will benefit more with a reprogrammed fuel map to match your mods. There are no true published specs on any of these prodcuts yet though.

HP gain - Obviously that is not a large gain. I think the only way to get significant power increases from these cars is to start with a motor swap. #'s may be higher though since they tested on a japanese bB, and you lose alot more power through an automatic drivetrain.

vs turbo - Turbocharged vehicles are not necessarily harder to maintain. That is a common misconception due to ancient hinderances which have been improved upon in recent years. Most comments you hear like the one posted earlier are from inexperienced people. I have plenty of experience w/ TC'd vehicles. As long as you take proper care of your vehicle and monitor the condition of its vital parts (and don't dog the $h!t out of your vehicle), you will not have problem. You are inclined to face just as many problems with SC'd cars.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Skywalker

vs turbo - Turbocharged vehicles are not necessarily harder to maintain. That is a common misconception due to ancient hinderances which have been improved upon in recent years. Most comments you hear like the one posted earlier are from inexperienced people. I have plenty of experience w/ TC'd vehicles. As long as you take proper care of your vehicle and monitor the condition of its vital parts (and don't dog the $h!t out of your vehicle), you will not have problem. You are inclined to face just as many problems with SC'd cars.
Said it once, and will say it again. Anyone who complains that turbo (or any F/I ) car requires too much maintainance should have done it in the first place. PERIOD.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

looks like a centrifugal supercharger to me. Don't they spool up like a tc. ie lots of boost at high rpm :?:
Old 01-16-2004, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

turbos are going to tricky on these engines. people are still expecting huge numbers while getting 140 to the wheels will be pretty good.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

that price sounds high for no more hp gain than received. best bet would be to do a engine swap. i'm really not familiar with toyota engines but is the only dif. b/w the celica and the xb engine the .3L. i mean are there parts that can be interchanged as in the honda "B" engines?
Old 01-21-2004, 11:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by ncscion
that price sounds high for no more hp gain than received. best bet would be to do a engine swap. i'm really not familiar with toyota engines but is the only dif. b/w the celica and the xb engine the .3L. i mean are there parts that can be interchanged as in the honda "B" engines?
the celica engine has VVTL-i. it is only 300 cubic centimeters bigger in displacement, but it does produce around 70hp more, which is pretty substantial. also, the engine is physically kind of a lot bigger, but rumor has it that it will fit (with the celica GT-S 6 speed tranny), with some modification. i still haven't seen it with my own eyes, though. the cost of doing this swap, along with the appropriate engine management, is not going to be cheap. a turbocharger will yield less fantastic results, but should be under $3000 total.

also, remember that a supercharger takes power to make power, and a turbocharger uses exhaust gas that would have otherwise been wasted. the main problem with the 1NZ-FE and turbocharging is the high 10.5:1 compression ratio, which is too high to run anymore than 5-6psi boost without seriously beefing up the internals. but then you're talking major money again. everything costs money.
Old 01-22-2004, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

My VW Vortech Supercharger produced a 90+ HP gain and a 85 lbs of torque increase for $4500.

I dont think the Price Tag of the Scion kit is fitting for the gains.

Minimum 150 WHP would be needed....
Old 01-22-2004, 09:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK guys, remember this motor is a fricken 1.5L motor HAHAHHA!!!

Quick Reply: Power Enterprises' Scion Supercharger